The ceiling fan is the most common electrical appliance in every house.
In fact, you might find more than one in a single room at times. On an average, you have around 3 fans per house in India. That makes it a tremendous statistic.
The climate in India is such that you would have at least one fan working almost all the time. Therefore, one can assume that more a hundred crore ceiling fans are working as I write this ceiling fan buying guide and review.
Let us look at some of the most famous fans before proceeding to the buying guide.
Table of Contents
- Best Ceiling fans in India
- 1. Gorilla Energy Saving 5 Star Rated 1200 mm ceiling fan with remote control and Bldc Motor
- 2. Orient Electric Aeroquiet Sweep 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- 3. Crompton HS Plus 48-inch 53-Watt Power Saver Ceiling Fan
- 4. Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- 5. Superfan Super X1 Ceiling Fan with remote control
- 6. Jupiter Bldc Energy Efficient Remote Controlled Ceiling Fan Snow White 4 Blades
- 7. Usha Technix 1200 mm 5-Star Ceiling fan without regulator
- 8. Crompton Hill Briz 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- 9. Havells Nicola 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- 10. Bajaj New Bahar 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- Buying Guide – Ceiling Fans
Best Ceiling fans in India
1. Gorilla Energy Saving 5 Star Rated 1200 mm ceiling fan with remote control and Bldc Motor
This ceiling fan belongs to the new breed of fans that come with a remote control unit. The remote control contains various modes thereby enabling you to save power. Let us look at some of the fascinating features of this new-generation ceiling fan.
- The brushless motor ensures that it consumes only 28 watts of electricity
- It comes with great air delivery of 220 cubic metres per minute.
- This fan runs 3 times longer on an inverter thereby resulting in extended battery life.
- The Bldc motor (Brushless DC Motor) ensures no loss of heat.
- It is a noiseless fan having aesthetic looks
- Three-year warranty
2. Orient Electric Aeroquiet Sweep 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
Orient is a reputed ceiling fan manufacturer in India. The Orient Electric Aeroquiet is the latest model from the Orient stable. It boasts of an aerodynamic design capable of delivering outstanding performance. Let us look at some of the excellent features of this beautiful-looking ceiling fan.
- The aerodynamic design ensures a powerful air throw to every corner of the room.
- The significant feature of these blades is that they are rust proof.
- Each blade comes with a high gloss finish
- This fan has a reputation for being a silent operator.
The 18-Pole motor has double ball bearings for smooth operations
3. Crompton HS Plus 48-inch 53-Watt Power Saver Ceiling Fan
Crompton is another reputed name in the Indian ceiling fan manufacturing industry. Somehow, the brown colour suits ceiling fans the best. This ceiling fan looks simple but packs a powerful punch because of the following additional features.
- The 1200 mm blades ensure air delivery to every corner of the room
- This fan is a BEE 5-star rated fan thereby saving electricity
- Makes no noise at all while functioning
- The double ball bearing motor ensures durability and reliability
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty
4. Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
Available in two colours, this Orient model is one of the most popular ones available on the market. The highlight of the Orient fans is that they blend easily with the décor of your room. In addition to delivering high speed, this fan has some of the best features you could expect in a ceiling fan.
- Reliable and efficient copper motor
- This fan comes with wide blades capable of higher air delivery and thrust
- The double ball bearing motor ensures smooth operations
The ribbed aluminium blades, set at a unique angle, draw in more air and deliver it to a larger area.
5. Superfan Super X1 Ceiling Fan with remote control
The Superfan Super X1 ceiling fan comes with a unique design with differently shaped blades. The highlight of this ceiling fan is that it comes with remote control. There is no need to operate the switches, especially at night. Here are some attractive features of this fan.
- Aesthetic design
- The aerodynamic design ensures higher air delivery
- The contrasting colours make it attractive to look at.
- Consumes less power than its peers
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
6. Jupiter Bldc Energy Efficient Remote Controlled Ceiling Fan Snow White 4 Blades
Usually, you see ceiling fans with three blades. However, fans come with four blades as well. More the number of blades longer are the air throw. The brushless motor ensures low noise while rotating. Here are some of the salient features of this pristine looking fan.
- This fan comes with a powerful Brushless DC motor capable of high air delivery
- The dynamically balanced blades deliver ait to all corners of the room
- The smart motor technology in use prevents overheating of the engine.
- The power consumption is 30 watts making it an excellent power saving appliance
- The ceiling fan comes with a 3-year warranty
7. Usha Technix 1200 mm 5-Star Ceiling fan without regulator
Trust Usha to come up with some of the best home appliances at all times. Usha is a reputed name in the ceiling fan manufacturing industry. You have some of the best ceiling fans from Usha. This one, the Usha Technix is one such model in the long list of Usha fans. Here are some of the best features of this ceiling fan.
- 5-star rated decorated fan
- High air delivery because of the aesthetically designed blades.
- Consumes low power up to 43 watts
- The high lift angle of the ensure better air delivery
- The glossy powder finish provides long life to the fan
- The speed of 330 rpm makes it one of the best in the industry
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty
8. Crompton Hill Briz 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
Here we have a ceiling fan with traditional design, but with exemplary performance. The simple design is the highlight of this ceiling fan. The fan rotates at a speed of 370 rpm making it an excellent appliance. Look at some of the beautiful features of this fan.
- The 48-inches sweep makes it a powerful fan.
- The double ball bearing motor makes it a noiseless fan
- The fan has a power output of 75 watts
- The appliance comes with a warranty of 2 years
- The aluminium body is a light one, enabling delivery of air over a large area
9. Havells Nicola 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
Havells has a reputation for manufacturing some of the most aesthetically designed fans in India. The highlight of this brand is that its performance matches its looks in every way. Hence, you end up having a powerhouse of a fan. Here are some of the glorious features of the Havells Nicola.
- The sturdy aluminium body makes it durable and powerful fan at the same time
- The 68-watt power output can be high by present standards, but they make this fan a smooth operator.
- The innovative design of this fan blends perfectly with the décor of your house.
- The 280 rpm speed ensures air delivery to almost all corners of the room.
- The exquisite design makes it easy to clean.
10. Bajaj New Bahar 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
When you discuss home appliances, the name Bajaj is a common factor. Bajaj is an extremely reliable brand. There are examples of people buying Bajaj products blindfolded. Such is the reputation they have built over the years. This ceiling fan is no different. Here are some notable features.
- This ceiling fan is renowned for its air delivery and speed.
- The double ball bearing motor ensures low noise
- The rust-free powder coated finish makes it an excellent design
- The quick-start torque motor is a powerful one.
- The ribbed blades bend at the ends to ensure more delivery of air to all parts of the room.
- The fan comes with a 2-year warranty
We have seen ten different models of ceiling fans. Each of these fans is a winner in its way. Some of the fans come with the latest features such as remote control and so on.
You have some of the oldest brands like Usha, Crompton, and others. At the same time, you have the new kids on the block like Gorilla and Jupiter. Let us now go on to discuss the things you should look for in a ceiling fan.
This buying guide will help you decide which of the ceiling fans suit you the best.
Buying Guide – Ceiling Fans
Do you need a buying guide to purchase a ceiling fan?
Most of you will say that buying a ceiling a fan is a no-brainer. Go to the electrical shop and order your favorite fan. All fans are the same, aren’t they?
It can surprise you that they are not. You have some beautiful fans with the excellent technology available on the showroom windows. Let us now look at the features one should look for in a ceiling fan.
Which is the invention of the industrial revolution that still finds a place in every house? Yes, you have guessed it right. It is the humble ceiling fan. Why is it so?
Know your budget
Your budget is the most significant factor when you set out to buy a ceiling fan. You have fans available at different prices ranging from ₹ 1800 to even ₹ 5000.
Knowing your budget in advance will allow you to look for the best fans in your budget. You will not get a Bldc fan at the lower end of the budget range.
However, you can go for a double ball bearing fan. If you are willing to spend more, you can opt for the fans with remote controls. Your budget does make a difference.
Know your room size and choose your fan accordingly
Ceiling fans come in various sizes with sweep ranging from 900 mm to 1400 mm. The most common one is the 1200 mm sweep. The size of the fan depends on the size of the room. This table should help you decide which one is perfect for your room.
|Fan Size (in mm)||Room Size (in sq. feet)|
|900||Less than 75|
|1050||Up to 100|
|1200||100 to 130|
|1400||130 to 150|
|More than 1400||Greater than 150|
Usually, people go for the 1200 mm size. However, you should go for multiple ceiling fans if you have rooms larger than 140 square feet.
Where should you install your ceiling fans?
Maintenance of the ceiling fans
Some new and innovative features
The remote control fan is the latest fad to hit the market. You can control the fan right from where you are instead of adjusting the regulator. You have different speed adjustments on the remote control units.
You also have fans coming with lights and hanging switches. Yes, one of the earliest inventions of the industrial revolution has indeed come a long way.
- Best Room Heaters and Radiators in India (2018)
- 9 Best Air Purifiers in India, Delhi (2018) – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
- 9 Best Washing Machines in India 2018 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- Best Pressure washers in India (2018) For Cars, Home!
- Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner in India (2018) Carpets, Pet Hair, Wood Floor!