If I were to say that you have more dust inside the house than outside it, you will ask me to go for a toss.
Your retort will be, “I sweep the rooms every day. I mop the floors as well almost on a daily basis. Where is the question of any dust?”
You do not have to go very far to notice the difference. Just have a look at your ceiling fans, sofa upholstery, computer screens, and keyboards, etc.
You will get the answer. In addition, you have animal dander, pollen, and dust mites. These are microscopic dust particles. How do you get rid of all of them?
The Solution: You need to buy a vacuum cleaner to get rid of these dust particles and impurities. Now the question arises, “What type of vacuum cleaner should you buy?” The “One Size Fits All” policy does not work here. You need different types of vacuum cleaners for different purposes.
Table of Contents
- Best Vacuum Cleaner Brands in India
- Best vacuum cleaners in India
- 1. Dyson V8 Absolute+ Cord-Free Vacuum
- 2. Eureka Forbes Quick Clean DX Dry Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Karcher WD 3 Multi-Purpose vacuum cleaner
- 4. Philips FC8474/02 1.5 Litre Powerpact Compact Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. American Micronic 21-litres Wet and Dry Imported Stainless Steel Vacuum cleaner
- 6. Panasonic NC-CG304 1400-Watt Vacuum Cleaner
- 7. Kent KC-B502 Bed and Upholstery Handheld vacuum cleaner
- 8. American Micronic 1000 Watt Mid-Size Imported Vacuum Cleaner
- 9. Miele Classic C1 4.5 Litre Vacuum Cleaner
- Vacuum Cleaners – Buying Guide in India
- Final words
Best Vacuum Cleaner Brands in India
You have many prominent brands of vacuum cleaners available in India. Some of them are as follows. We shall review one model each from all these brands that can lay claim to the title of best vacuum cleaner in India 2019.
- Miele Classic
- American Micronic
- Karcher – WD
- Eureka Forbes
One of the most appropriate places for buying the best budget vacuum cleaner is the eCommerce websites like Amazon. You get an effective range of best vacuum cleaners in India with exquisite functions and affordable prices.
Let us now review 9 models of the best vacuum cleaners in India 2019. We will be reviewing the product and mentioning its features here. The benefits and drawbacks have already been listed in the buying guide.
Best vacuum cleaners in India
1. Dyson V8 Absolute+ Cord-Free Vacuum
Dyson Manufactures (British technology) some of the best and modern Vacuum Cleaners that transforms the way you clean. Dyson V8 Absolute+ provides up to 40 minutes of power suction and is perfectly suitable for cleaning difficult places. Have a look at the Salient features of this Appliance.
- Dyson V8 Absolute+ Vacuum cleaner is perfect to tackle pet hair, floors, carpets, car cleaning and to clean up difficult places.
- The Dyson digital motor V8 generates powerful suction of up to 115 AW.
- The Direct drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove ground-in dirt.
- You can Quickly convert this Vacuum Cleaner into a handheld for reaching up high.
- The Post motor can remove 99% of dust particles sized as small as 0.3 microns.
- This Vacuum cleaner comes with eight additional attachments and a storage bag.
2. Eureka Forbes Quick Clean DX Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka Forbes has a long history of manufacturing vacuum cleaners. This model is one of the best dry vacuum cleaners in India at present. Available on Amazon at a discounted rate, the salient features of the machine are as follows.
- Cleaning every nook and corner of the house is easy with this machine
- One of the best portable cleaners available today, it has a powerful suction function
- The swivel wheels make it a versatile machine.
- The dust bag indicator is an attractive feature
- The long handle allows you to clean without bending your backs
3. Karcher WD 3 Multi-Purpose vacuum cleaner
Available on Amazon with extremely attractive discounts, the Karcher WD vacuum cleaner earns the right of best budget vacuum cleaner. This is an extremely effective wet and dry vacuum cleaner with attractive features.
- The robust impact resistant container and blower function are unique features
- You can attach different nozzles directly to the suction hose thereby helping in removing dust from the minutest of spaces.
- The best German technology makes it a powerful machine
- The 17-litre plastic container is a strong and sturdy one
- You get a variety of accessories along with this product
- This is an excellent product for cleaning and vacuuming wet bathroom floors.
4. Philips FC8474/02 1.5 Litre Powerpact Compact Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is one of the best bagless vacuum cleaners available in the India market on Amazon. Check out the salient features of this machine.
- This is a Bagless canister type vacuum cleaner having a reusable bin for collection of dust.
- A compact model, this is attractive and powerful at the same time.
- This equipment comes with a power cyclone for higher suction power thereby enabling better cleaning.
- The machine has a capacity of 1.5 litres
- You get a 2-year warranty on the product
5. American Micronic 21-litres Wet and Dry Imported Stainless Steel Vacuum cleaner
Available on Amazon, this vacuum cleaner is a highly powerful one. Equipped with HEPA filters, this machine is one of the best wet and dry vacuum cleaners available in India. These are the main features of this machine.
- Wet and Dry vacuum cleaner with a blower function
- HEPA filters ensures high-quality dust filtering
- Washable dust bag is a unique feature
- Capable of cleaning carpeted floors, upholstery, and wet bathroom floors as well.
- You get a lot of accessories with this vacuum cleaner
6. Panasonic NC-CG304 1400-Watt Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner has a high suction power and a powerful air dust catcher. This makes it one of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair. Available on Amazon, check out the additional features here.
- High suction power of 400 watts makes it an effective vacuum cleaner
- The air dust catching feature makes it excellent for eliminating pet hair.
- This machine comes with a blower option.
- One of the most eco-friendly and compact machines, this product comes with a 1-year warranty.
7. Kent KC-B502 Bed and Upholstery Handheld vacuum cleaner
Available in Amazon the Kent KC-B502 has the reputation of being the best vacuum cleaner for sofa and beds. This is a handheld device having state of the art HEPA filters to remove the most dangerous of bacteria. Look at some of the advanced features of this vacuum cleaner.
- Suction power of 450W makes it a strong enough vacuum cleaner for beds and sofa upholstery cleaning.
- This handheld cleaner is a bagless machine.
- The advanced cyclonic technology ensures minimal release of dust and bacteria
- The UV light disinfection is a perfect sanitizing feature for your beds and upholstery
- HEPA filters for high-class filtration
- Highly customizable with 3 cleaner settings
8. American Micronic 1000 Watt Mid-Size Imported Vacuum Cleaner
You get this product on Amazon. A canister type vacuum cleaner, this is an imported model with a 1-year India warranty. These are some of the additional features of this product.
- The 1000 watt motor allows for a higher degree of suction. This can go up to a maximum of 1200 watts.
- The 2-litre dust capacity and the reusable dust bag are some attractive features.
- The crevice nozzle and the upholstery brushes allows for effective cleaning of upholstery.
- You have repairing centres spread all over India.
9. Miele Classic C1 4.5 Litre Vacuum Cleaner
Backed by advanced German technology, the Miele Classic CI is a canister type bagged vacuum cleaner available on Amazon. In addition to all benefits available with canister type cleaners, this vacuum cleaner has the reputation of being the best vacuum cleaner for home. These are some features of this machine.
- The 9-metre operating radius makes it a highly effective vacuum cleaner
- The 360-degree swivel castor is the highlight of this machine
- You get many accessories with this vacuum cleaner such as telescopic suction tube, dust bag, and various types of brushes.
- The 4.5 litre capacity makes it a heavy-duty vacuum cleaner.
- The 1-year warranty is an additional attraction.
Vacuum Cleaners – Buying Guide in India
There are different types of surfaces where dust could collect. For example, the vacuum cleaner that works well on floors and carpets need not necessarily be effective in eliminating dust from your sofa upholstery or computer keyboards.
Of course, you can use different types of brushes and nozzles to cater to different tasks. However, that can be a cumbersome exercise to change your brushes on a frequent basis. Therefore, you have different types of vacuum cleaners for different purposes.
This buying guide will make your job easier as we go through each type of vacuum cleaner and explain the benefits and drawbacks as well. Depending on the shape and the purpose, you have five different types of vacuum cleaners available in India.
You have another type of vacuum cleaner, namely Convertible Vacuum Cleaner that is not available in India. We restrict out discussion to the domestic vacuum cleaners alone.
Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This is the most commonly used type of vacuum cleaners in houses all over India. This vacuum cleaner comes with a cylinder integrated with a motor and a storage container. The cylinder has a suction nozzle that connects to a hosepipe. This equipment can be a bit heavy. Hence, you have wheels that allow you to drag the equipment wherever you go.
The canister vacuum cleaner is versatile equipment capable of performing various cleaning jobs. The earlier models used to come with a blower attachment as well. You are able to clean floors, sofa upholstery, staircases, and even ceiling fans. This is because you have the option to fix a telescopic extension pipe to the hose.
This vacuum cleaner is as close to the ‘all-purpose’ vacuum cleaner you are looking for. This equipment has a bag inside the container to collect the dust particles. It is imperative to empty the bag at frequent intervals and replace them with new ones on a regular basis. Accumulation of dust inside the bags can cause a decrease in the suction capacity.
- Does not make much noise
- Has different types of attachments to cater to different uses
- Moving the equipment is easy
- The instrument can be a bulky one
- The hose, wand, and telescopic tubes make it difficult to store
- Usually you find cords getting entangled
Handheld vacuum cleaner
Considering the drawbacks of the canister model, you might feel the need of a lighter model capable of easier manoeuvrability. The canister model is not efficient while cleaning the car interiors and other tricky locations. The handheld vacuum cleaner caters to these tasks easily.
These are compact equipment that you can carry everywhere easily. Not weighing more than 2 kg, this vacuum cleaner does not have any bags for collecting dust particles. The modern-day handheld vacuum cleaners do not have electric cords as they function on the strength of an inbuilt battery. Hence, this solves the problems of entangling of wires.
However, this equipment is not as powerful as the canister vacuum cleaners. They have their limitations.
- Compared to the other models, they are light and easy to handle
- Cleaning floors, sofa sets, and car interiors is easy with this vacuum cleaner
- Comparatively inexpensive
- Usually they run on batteries. Hence, you face power issues.
- Even though they weigh only 2 kg, you have to carry them. That makes it a bit cumbersome.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners
The very name suggests that the vacuum cleaner stands upright. This ensures that you do not have to do a lot of bending. This is a recent addition to the Indian market. You can see these vacuum cleaners in almost every home in countries like the US. It has now started making inroads into Indian homes now.
This is one of the best equipment to clean halls and large open carpet areas. The best part of his vacuum cleaner is that the nozzle head is very near to the carpet / floor thereby making it very easy to clean floors.
This is heavy equipment that does not offer much mobility. It cannot clean under furniture items, sofa sets, and other places like curtains, ceiling fans, etc. However, no other vacuum cleaner comes close to this one when it comes to cleaning floors. This is a foot-operated machine having a pedal to change directions.
- Compared to the canister cleaner, this one is easy to store
- This vacuum cleaner is the best when it comes to deep cleaning of carpets and floors.
- This machine has larger bags as compared to the canister models.
- The flexibility of the hose and the upright nature of the machine make it versatile.
- Not possible to manoeuvre beneath furniture items
- Not feasible for cleaning sofa sets
- Does not have a retractable electricity cord
- Comparatively heavier, hence difficult to clean staircases
Stick Vacuum cleaners
This is a machine similar to the upright vacuum cleaners in many ways. You need not have to bend your back to clean floors. You do not have any additional attachments to this vacuum cleaner. As they run on batteries, you need not worry about entangled electricity cords.
The biggest advantage of this vacuum cleaner over the upright ones is that it is easily manoeuvrable. You can use this vacuum cleaner to clean areas where the upright cleaners cannot. Cleaning beneath furniture and staircases is easy using this machine. You can also use this vacuum cleaner to clean the interiors of cars.
The lightness of this equipment makes it easy to clean curtains, and even the top portions of cupboards and other furniture. The long handle allows for a longer reach. The machine comes with an adjustable handle thereby allowing short people to use it with ease.
- Extremely light and easy to use
- No need to bend over thereby making it great for people with back problems
- Works on batteries hence, no cause for entangling of wires and electrical cords
- Ideal for picking up litter, cleaning interiors of cars
- Not perfectly ideal for cleaning carpets and floors
- Fairly small dirt collection bin
Robotic Vacuum cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is the most advanced type of vacuum cleaner available in India. These machines look like the UFOs you see in science fiction movies, but on a smaller scale. They are usually disc-shaped (you have square ones as well) battery-powered instruments capable of moving all around the flooring without feeling the need for any human intervention.
This enables you to clean the house even in your absence. You can set the timing for the machine to start on its own. Ensure that the battery has enough power. There are machines capable of recharging on their own when it senses low battery levels. They find their way to the docking station and start the recharge process themselves.
However, you have to ensure removing the dirt collected inside the machine at least once a week. This machine is perfect for reaching out to all corners of the room. They can even clean the floors below the furniture if they have enough space to manoeuvre. They have their drawbacks like they cannot clean stairs and large piles of dirt. Otherwise, they are very useful.
- Compact and handy to use
- Programmable to function at any time
- Can clean below furniture and all over the rooms
- Automatic charging facility
- Cannot clean staircases
- Incapable of cleaning sofas, beds and other items placed at a height
- Smaller dirt collection container requiring weekly maintenance
There are other types of vacuum cleaners like convertible vacuum cleaners, centralized vacuum cleaners that are not usually available in India. You have them in countries like the US.
You have seen five basic types of vacuum cleaners available in India. Now, we shall focus on the points to consider while purchasing vacuum cleaners in India.
Vacuum cleaner container – Bag or Bag-less
The canister vacuum cleaners come with a bag inside the container. In case you go for the upright machine, you have the option to use a disposable bag or a reusable bin. Obviously, bags can hold more dust. They are easy to dispose as well.
You do not know whether the bags are full unless you remove them to have a look. The reusable bins are transparent. This allows you to judge the volume of dirt inside it thereby allowing you to empty it easily. You can find in-depth details about bag vs bag-less here.
Wet / Dry vacuum cleaners
The name is self-explanatory. This vacuum cleaner allows you to clean wet spills as well. This is particularly useful for picking up glass pieces and water/drinks spilled on the floors/carpets. One of the best uses of the wet vacuum cleaners is that you can clean bathroom floors. It saves a lot of time mopping up the floors.
The present-day vacuum cleaners come equipped with High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters. They are capable of eliminating 99.99% of dirt, dust, pollen, and other impurities as small as 0.3 microns. The HEPA filter consists of a glass fibre arranged in the form of a mesh to trap the minute particulate matter. There are other types of filters such as foam filter, charcoal filters, cloth filter and disk filter.
Noise has nothing to do with the efficiency of the vacuum cleaner. Vacuum cleaners working with a cyclonic action do emit a lot of sound. Check out the levels to avoid disturbing other families.
This is an important part in your decision making process. You should be identifying the areas that require cleaning before deciding on the type of machine to buy. Having a portable cleaner is always handy as you can transport them to various parts of the rooms easily.
Cordless / Wireless
Tangling of the cords is a major area of concern in any vacuum cleaner. Hence, you might feel the need for a cordless cleaner. Check out you major usability areas. You have vacuum cleaners with retractable power cords. The wireless battery operated machines are useful but require frequent charging. They lose efficiency when you have batteries with low charge.
Check out the availability of spare parts. If the manufacturer offers product warranties, procurement of spare parts should not be a problem. Go through customer reviews. You might just find something to your advantage here.
The usage of the vacuum cleaner should play a prominent role in your decision making. The following information would be useful to you.
Check out the accessories that come with these vacuum cleaners. The canister type cleaners come with different types of brushes and telescopic extension tube. Check out for the compatible brushes for cleaning radiators, TV and electronic equipment etc.
We have just seen some of the best vacuum cleaners available in India today. The buying guide helps you to choose your vacuum cleaner with ease. Buy the right one for your usage and ensure that you eliminate the dust and the pollen from your house. This provides a healthy environment in your homes.
- Best Pressure washers in India (2019) For Cars, Home!
- Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner in India (2019) Carpets, Pet Hair, Wood Floor!
- Best CCTV Cameras in India (2019) for Home, Shop & Office!
- 9 Best Inverters for Home in India (2019) – Buyer’s Guide!
- R32 vs R410A vs R22 vs R290 (Air Conditioner Refrigerants)
Shiva Kumar is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious!