You need to have juice in your life (pun intended).
Let us look at how you go about choosing the best juicer in the market.
Remember, choosing a juicer is not so easy.
Sometimes, it does pay to be ignorant. You go to the shop, order for the first juicer machine you see, and take your juicer home.
The moment you know something about juicers, you tend to question many aspects that the shopkeepers might just not relish.
However, it does you no harm to have some knowledge about juicers and how they work. This buying guide will take you through the process smoothly.
Table of Contents
- Best Juicers in India 2019
- 1. Usha Nutripress (362F) 240-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 2. Sujata Powermatic plus 900 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder
- 3. Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer
- 4. Philips HR1855 Viva Collection Juicer
- 5. Sujata Powermatic PM 900-Watt Juicer
- 6. Panasonic MJ-68M 220-Watt Centrifugal Juicer
- 7. Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-litre 500-Watt Juicer
- 8. Bajaj JEX 16 800-Watt Juicer
- 9. Prestige PCJ 7.0 500-Watt Centrifugal Juicer
- 10. Borosil Primus BJU50SSB11 500-Watt Juicer
- Buying Guide for Juicers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final thoughts
Best Juicers in India 2019
You have a large market out there in India with the giants like Philips, Panasonic, and others throwing their weight behind some of the High-Quality Juicers. Let us look at the best juicers in India. You get these juicers online at Amazon.
1. Usha Nutripress (362F) 240-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
Usha Nutripress Cold Press fruit juicer is an excellent appliance to have in the kitchen as it can provide you with the best fruit and vegetable juices using Cold Press Technology.
The highlight of this machine is that it is capable of crushing whole and uncut fruits and leaves nothing behind. The silent operation and low-temperature juicing ensure extraction of more juice and taste from both fruits and vegetables. It also increases the shelf life of juices.
The cold press technology helps to extract the maximum juice from soft fruits and vegetables while retaining the nutritional value, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Hence, it is a healthy fruit juicer in many ways.
2. Sujata Powermatic plus 900 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder
Cold Press Juicing is an excellent method to extract fruit juices. However, it is a slow process. The best alternative is the centrifugal juicers that can produce instant juices.
Sujata Powermatic plus is one of the best appliances on display. This machine is an all-around device that finds a place in hotels, cafes, and juice parlours apart from homes.
The mixer jar presents the ideal foil by mixing the juicers perfectly to enhance the overall efficiency of the appliance.
3. Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer
Philips Viva Collection comes with some innovative and revolutionary technologies like Quick Clean to improve your experience of extracting juice from your favourite fruits and vegetables. This feature helps clean the appliance within one minute. It ensures to clean the sieve, pulp container, and all other smooth surfaces.
The Pre-Clean function precedes the Quick Clean technology as it rinses away the unwanted fibres.
The large feeding tube is useful as you can insert whole fruits and vegetables without chopping them. This appliance features a powerful 700-watt motor to ensure a high degree of efficiency.
4. Philips HR1855 Viva Collection Juicer
The Philips HR1855 is similar to the HR1863/20 in many ways. The similarities are the Pre-clean and Quick Clean technology that helps to clean the juicer within minutes. It is a welcome technology, as cleaning of fruit juicers can consume a lot of time.
The integrated pulp container and smooth surface help in the cleaning process. The Pre-Clean function is an excellent one as it rinses away the unwanted fibres from the lid and sieve, thereby making it easy to clean the appliance.
This innovative technology ensures that the sieves are smooth, whereby it becomes possible to clean them of unwanted fibres. Subsequently, it becomes easy to use a kitchen sponge to wipe the sieves clean.
5. Sujata Powermatic PM 900-Watt Juicer
Sujata Powermatic PM is an excellent juicer to have in your kitchen. It is one of the best ones from the budget point of view. The highlight of this appliance is that it is an ideal one for hotels, restaurants, cafes, and juicer parlours.
This juicer features a powerful 900-watt motor with double ball bearings for higher efficiency. This arrangement ensures low maintenance and trouble-free performance for extended periods.
6. Panasonic MJ-68M 220-Watt Centrifugal Juicer
If you are looking for a juicer to give you instant juices for a party gathering, the Panasonic MJ-68M should prove to be the most ideal one. The centrifugal juicer can prepare fruit juices quickly enough to cater to large gatherings and urgent requirements.
This Panasonic juicer comes with a 220-watt motor that can work at 12500 rpm to deliver efficient performance every time.
This appliance is a safe one because of its safety lock feature that guarantees against any accidental switching-on of the device. The built-in circuit breaker prevents the system from excessive loads and power fluctuations.
7. Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-litre 500-Watt Juicer
The Philips Viva Collection HR1832 is a compact appliance that can produce tasty fruit and vegetable juices within minutes.
Usually, cleaning the juicers can be a challenge, but the Philips juicers come with a unique patented Quick Clean technology that does not take more than a minute to do the job. The sieves are the most challenging to clean because of the sticking of pulp and fibres to it.
This appliance comes with a unique detachable attachment known as the drip stop to prevent the juice from dripping. The best aspect of this juicer is that all its parts are dishwasher safe.
8. Bajaj JEX 16 800-Watt Juicer
The brand name Bajaj symbolises trust in every sphere. Bajaj might not be one of the reputed manufacturers of juicers, but this product is an excellent one. It comes with a powerful 800-watt motor that is capable of crushing almost all fruits and vegetables into delicious juices.
This juicer comes with excellent features like 2-speed control to customise the operation speed according to your preferences.
The highlight of this juicer is that it is easy to clean the appliance. Usually, juicers are a challenge to clean because of the pulp and fibres that stick all over the place. This juicer comes with detachable parts that make it easy to remove them and clean it separately.
9. Prestige PCJ 7.0 500-Watt Centrifugal Juicer
Prestige is a reputed Indian kitchen appliance manufacturer that has excellent products to offer to its customers. The centrifugal juicer is one such appliance you can rely on to provide the most delicious fruit juices in the comfort of your homes.
The 500-watt motor powers this useful appliance to extract the freshest juices from soft as well as hard fruits and vegetables.
This appliance requires a power supply of 220 to 240 volts while consuming 550 watts. It helps to save energy. The juicer comes with a rotary switch and dual locking system that makes it convenient to use. Cleaning this juicer is easy as well.
10. Borosil Primus BJU50SSB11 500-Watt Juicer
Borosil is not a reputed brand of juicers, but this appliance is a decent one to have in your kitchen because of its economical pricing and excellent features. This appliance is a lightweight machine designed for better storage.
The compact design of this juicer comprises of a large feeding tube that enables you to insert whole fruits and vegetables with ease.
Dismantling the juicer for cleaning it is easy. Re-assembling the setup is easy as well.
- Here is the Full List of Best Cold Press Juicers suitable for Making Healthy Juices with Carrots and Beetroots without losing the valuable nutrients.
Buying Guide for Juicers
Before going into the intricacies of the juicing technology and the different types of juicers available, let us see how juicers work.
How do juicers work?
To put it simply, juicers are uncomplicated.
They have a simple job to do, extract juice from fruits and vegetables. They do so by either shredding or crushing them and extract the juice.
The impact of Juice on your health
Now the question arises as to what is the need to have juice when you can eat the fruits and vegetable whole. Drinking juice is a wonderful alternative to having fruits and vegetables.
In fact, juices allow you to have more of fruit and vegetables without putting too much pressure on your gut.
However, ensure to remove too much fruit from your juice. Too much of fructose results in excess of fat thereby tend to make you overweight.
Let us look at the different type of juicers. Also, have a look at Best Mixer Grinders.
Different types of juicers
Basically, there are three main types of juicers depending on the technology used.
This type of juicer has a tube through which you feed the fruits into the container. The container has a revolving blade that shreds the fruits and vegetables.
The centrifugal force comes into action and throws the juice towards the side of basket from where it is pushed through into a jug.
There are two types of centrifugal juicers. The continuously ejecting juicer is the more popular of the two.
The other type of centrifugal juicer envisages you to stop the machine and remove the pulp from the spinning basket before continuing with the process.
These juicers have a single gear that is spiral in shape. This juicer belongs to the pressing category.
The process of masticating is a slow one as it extracts the juice slowly. There is a collecting container that fits under the gear shaft for collecting the pulp and juice.
In many ways, the triturating juicers are similar to the masticating juicers. The difference is that this juicer has two augers as it separates the juice into stages.
The initial stage is when it crushes the vegetables and fruits whereby it removes the juice by pressing them.
In this way, the juicer is able to extract more fiber, vitamins, enzymes, and minerals from the pulp thereby providing you with fresh nutritious juice. These juicers are a bit advanced in technology as they are capable of slowing down the oxidation process. This enables you to store your juice and consume it later.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the different types of juicer
Each of the juicers has their individual advantages. Let us have a look at the disadvantages as well.
Centrifugal Juicers: Advantages
- Fewer parts, hence easier to clean
- Extremely fast in extracting juice from vegetables and fruits
- Great to handle softer fruits
- Most popular type of juicer in the market
- Occupy less space
Centrifugal Juicers: Disadvantages
- More oxidation as characterized by amount of foam
- Not ideal for storing juice
- Extracts less juice as compared to others
- Not suitable for extracting juice from wheatgrass or other type of grasses
Masticating Juicers: Advantages
- They work slowly, hence are able to extract more juice
- Less oxidation, therefore preserve more nutrients
- Good to make nut butters, baby food as they work as grain mills
- Capable of processing frozen fruits as well.
Masticating Juicers: Disadvantages
- Comparatively less efficient as centrifugal juicers when it comes to extracting juice from fruits with less fiber content
- More number of parts, hence takes more time for assembly and cleaning
- Smaller feed tube thereby entailing cutting the fruits before feeding into the juicer.
- Take up more counter space
Triturating Juicers: Advantages
- Of all the juicers, these are the ones capable of extracting maximum juice
- The twin gears make it run slower than the masticating juicers thereby capable of extracting more juice from leafy vegetables as well.
- Great for homogenizing food, hence excellent for preparing baby foods, fruit sorbets, and pasta
Triturating Juicers: Disadvantages
- Most expensive of the three types of juicers
- Slow, hence you need to cut up fruits before feeding
- Large machines, hence occupy more space
What should you look for in a juicer?
This is what you should look out for in a juicer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us look at some frequently asked questions about juicers.
1. Which is the best juicer in the market?
This depends on the user. If you have time constraints, a centrifugal juicer is the best one for you. If you are the type who loves to give more importance to nutritive factors, the masticating and triturating juicers are advisable.
2. What juicer will you suggest for a person fighting cancer?
Fighting cancer requires you to have vegetable and fruit juice that has more nutritive value. You might have to take wheatgrass juice and other vegetable juices. Hence, a twin-gear masticating juicer should be fine for a person fighting cancer.
3. Which juicer is best in terms of value for money?
This can be a tough question to answer because you cannot satisfy everyone. However, if you are looking for juicers in terms of value for money, the masticating juicers should rank high up there. It again depends on your preferences.
If speed is what you are looking for, the centrifugal juicers should be your choice. Hence, we have a mixed one for you.
We have just gone through the best juicer buying guide and reviewed the best juicers available in the market. Does this not make your job that much easier? Now, it would not be difficult for you to pose pertinent questions to the dealer and ensure that you get a better deal.
- 11 Best Wet Grinders in India (2019) – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- 13 Best Mixer Grinders in India 2019 (Mixie) – Buying Guide & Reviews!
- 11 Best Cold Press Juicers in India (2019)
- 9 Best Food Processors in India (2019) – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- 13 Best Microwave ovens in India (2019) Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
Geetha has worked her way up in a rewarding 20-year career. Always eager to help, her incredible insights in the world of gizmos will astonish you.