You need to have juice in your life (pun intended).
Nothing can be more refreshing than a glass of fresh fruit juice to quench your thirst in these hot summer months.
Let us look at how you go about choosing the best juicer in the market.
Before we proceed to reviews and buying guide, here is a quick comparison table of the top 5 juicers in India
|Best Juicer||Key Features|
|1. Kuvings B1700|
|Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer|
240 Watts Motor
76 mm wide feeding tube
Juice Fruits, Vegetables, Leafy Greens and Nuts
1 Year Warranty
|2. Hestia Appliances Nutri-Max|
| Cold Press Juicer|
Large Feeding Tube 75 mm
Juice everything Fruits, Veggies, Nuts
1 Year Warranty
|3. Philips HR1855 Viva Collection|
|Centrifugal juicer |
800ml juice jug capacity
Power: 700 W Motor
Capacity: 2 Liters
2 Years Warranty
|4. Nutribullet PRO|
|High-Speed Smoothie Maker|
Powerful 900W motor
Juices, Chutneys, Coconut milk
2 Year Warranty
|5. AGARO Imperial|
|Budget Cold Press Juicer|
Wide feeding tube 74mm
Maximum nutrients retention
100% BPA free Plastic
5 Year Warranty
Best Juicer in India in 2021
1. Kuvings B1700 – Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
Kuvings B1700 is one of India’s most preferred cold press juicers.
The secret of Kuvings’ superior performance is its patented JCMS technology that guarantees up to 10% extra juice than other juicers in its niche.
Besides your regular fruits, the Kuvings juicers equipped with JCMS technology can extract juice from vegetables and milk from nuts. Thus, you have a multi-utility kitchen appliance on your hands.
The 240W motor with a maximum non-stop running time of 30 minutes can squeeze out the last drops of delicious juice from vegetables and fruits alike. The advantage of cold press juicing is that it eliminates the oxidation process. Though the process is slow, the end product has an unmatchable taste and flavor.
This product, B1700, saves labor because the appliance comes with a wide feeding tube measuring 76mm. Therefore, it is sufficient to insert whole fruits without cutting them. Besides saving time, this process prevents nutritional loss.
Kuvings B1700 performs the most challenging juicing jobs like extracting juice from leafy green vegetables with consummate ease. Users benefit from cold press juicing technology as it helps retain the maximum nutrition and enzymes to deliver fresh, healthy, and delicious juices.
The elegant design occupies less space on the kitchen shelf. It enhances convenience levels because Kuvings has designed every component keeping the user in mind. The smart drip-free cap helps prepare blend recipes. The safety lock mechanism ensures that the juicing process does not start if the drum and lid are not assembled correctly.
- This juicer can extract juice from almost all fruits and vegetables. Besides, it can crush almonds, cashew nuts, and pistachio nuts to deliver delicious nut milk.
- As the process eliminates oxidation, it prevents nutrient loss.
- The appliance is easiest to clean as Kuvings provides a patented cleaning tool inside the package.
- The juicing process is considerably slower than the centrifugal juicers.
- These appliances are comparatively expensive than other juicers available on the market.
The Kuvings B1700 deserves to be an integral part of every kitchen because of its high-quality performance.
2. Hestia Appliances Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer
Today, people are more health-conscious than ever before. So instead of ordering your favorite fruit juices using the Swiggy or Zomato apps, you can purchase cold press juicers like the Hestia Appliances Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer.
This multi-utility kitchen appliance prove handy for smashing, grinding, pressing, cutting, and crushing your favorite fruit and vegetable juices with ease.
This juicer works on a 240W motor rotating at 46rpm to produce the highest torque among other appliances in its category.
Thus, you can use this machine to prepare coconut milk and juices from frozen fruits and hard vegetables like beetroot. In addition, this appliance features the tallest auger to ensure maximum juice extraction from your fruits and vegetables.
Each component is made from food-grade BPA and BPS-free Titan Plastic to ensure proper hygiene and good health. These components can withstand temperature applications ranging from -15 degrees to 85 degrees Celsius. Cleaning the juicer and its parts is convenient.
The 75mm feeding tube width allows you to push whole fruits like apples and oranges without cutting them. It saves time and maintains nutritional value. The package comes with a pusher to allow you to push the fruits or vegetables inside the tube if they get stuck.
The most significant factor that should influence you to purchase cold press juicers is that they do not allow oxidation, and hence there are no air bubbles in the final product. As a result, the juices retain their freshness and natural taste for extended periods.
- Cold press juicing is one of the healthiest ways of preparing fruit juices.
- Despite the process being slow, this juicer ensures high-quality juicing.
- The powerful auger can crush the hardest of vegetables and fruits with absolute ease.
- It can take anything between 15 minutes for this juicer to produce a single glass of juice.
- The pulp does not become bone dry, primarily when you crush fruits like watermelon and cucumber.
Compared to its peer models like the Kuvings B1700 Professional, this Hestia model is less expensive. Besides, it features an embedded knife that is missing in the Kuvings product. In addition, Hestia offers three filters compared to the one by Kuvings.
3. Philips HR 1855 Viva Collection Juicer
The Philips HR series of juicers are available in different combinations, depending on the jar capacity. The HR 1855 and the HR 1863 feature 2L jars, whereas the HR 1832 comes with a 1.5L jar. Accordingly, the feeding tube size varies, with the HR 1855 featuring a large tube capable of accommodating whole fruits.
Compared to cold press juicers, this Philips HR 1855 extracts juices quickly with a minimum of fuss. One of the highlights of this kitchen appliance is that it allows extraction of up to 2L of juice in one go without having to empty the pulp collecting container.
The pulp container is transparent, thereby allowing you to view the entire juicing process. It also enables you to determine when the container becomes full.
This Philips centrifugal juicer features a pre-cleaning function, the first of its kind in the market. You can pour water into the pusher, creating a water fountain and rinsing the fibers and pulp sticking to the lid. It makes your job of cleaning the sieve easier.
Besides, this appliance comes equipped with Quick Clean Technology that allows you to clean the smooth sieve surfaces with a kitchen sponge. It clears away the fibers and pulp to enable a smooth juicing process. On cleaning the appliance, it is also easy to assemble the various components.
As this juicer works on the centrifugal method, it requires a powerful 700W motor to allow high-speed rotation and quick juicing.
A significant benefit of this juicer is that you do not have to remove the seeds from fruits like oranges, watermelons, and sweet limes. They do not pass through the sieves and get collected in the pulp container.
- The centrifugal juicing process is much faster than cold press juicing. Hence, you save a lot of time.
- Compared to cold press juicers like the Kuvings B1700 or the Hestia Appliances Cold Press juicer, this Philips HR 1855 model is less expensive.
- This appliance is one of the easiest to clean. Moreover, it features a Pre-Clean feature to speed up the regular cleaning process.
- Due to the fast juicing process, there is more oxidation and formation of air bubbles. As a result, it reduces the taste and flavor of your fruit juices.
- This juicer is not the ideal one for extracting juice from leafy vegetables.
If you want a quick juicing job, you can go for the Philips HR 1855 centrifugal juicer. Other competitive models available are the Philips HR 1832 and HR 1863. The Philips Viva Collection Masticating Juicer HR 1887/81 is also a good option.
4. Nutribullet PRO High-Speed Smoothie Maker
The Philips HR Series juicers can be considered as one-dimensional in many ways because they cater to the juicing function alone. In comparison, the Nutribullet PRO is a multi-utility appliance because it can act as a blender and mixer besides providing high-quality juicing.
This Nutribullet blender/mixer/smoothie maker works on a powerful 900W motor equipped with unique extraction blades. The cyclonic action helps break down and pulverize your fruits and vegetables at high speed to prepare nutritious beverages in the quickest possible time.
Besides fruits and vegetables, this appliance can extract milk from nuts and seeds to prepare high-quality smoothies that are easily digestible. It is not good to add water when preparing juices because it dilutes them and reduces their nutritional value. However, if you require cold juices, you can freeze your fruits for some time before juicing them.
This appliance derives its name from the unique bullet-like shape that proves to be the secret of its effectiveness. This smoothie maker is lighter and occupies less space on the kitchen tabletop than the bulky cold press juicers.
A significant advantage of this appliance is that you can drink the juice from the same container you blend because the blending jar doubles up as a drinking vessel. Hence, this juicer should be an ideal one when you travel. The package comes with two small 532ml cups and one sizeable 709ml vessel.
This appliance is dishwasher safe as you can detach the cups and blades and wash them in the dishwasher.
- Nutribullet is a global brand preferred by more than 60 million customers.
- Besides juicing, this machine helps prepare small quantities of idli batter, various chutneys, and coconut milk.
- While rotating at high speeds, this machine does not vibrate because of the vibration-free technology. In addition, the silicon feet help to balance the appliance firmly on your kitchen tabletop.
- The maximum juice you can extract is 709ml. Hence, it is not a handy device to prepare juices for large families.
- The machine can get hot because of the high-speed spinning blades. However, it features a cooling fan to reduce the heat generated during the juicing sessions.
If you are looking for a quick fix, this Nutribullet PRO is a good choice. Pricing-wise, the Balzano High-Speed blender and the Inalsa models are less expensive. However, the Nutribullet PRO comes with better and more advanced features.
5. Sujata Powermatic Plus 900W Juicer/Mixer/Grinder
While the cold press and centrifugal juicers are good for juicing fruits and vegetables, they do not serve multiple purposes like mixing, blending, and grinding. Therefore, the Sujata Powermatic Plus is a good option if you are looking for a multi-utility kitchen appliance as it caters to all your requirements.
Performance-wise, this appliance should rank amongst the top models because of its high rotational speed of 2200rpm. It ensures to retain the original flavor and aroma of your fruit juices and other foods. As the powerful motor can work continuously for up to 90 minutes, this mixer/grinder is suitable for preparing idli batter and chutneys.
The separate juicer attachment qualifies this machine to function as a dedicated juicer. This juicer jar features a unique honeycomb filter mesh to separate the juice from the pulp and seeds accumulated inside it.
The powerful 900W motor with double ball bearings ensures low maintenance, high efficiency, and trouble-free operations for years. In addition, the speed setting option allows you to set varying speeds depending on your requirements.
As it is made from shock-proof material, there is no danger to users. They can touch the jars or the machine with wet hands comfortably. However, one should not do so because wet hands tend to be slippery. They could end up dropping the jar.
- This appliance is a multipurpose device capable of catering to your different kitchen requirements. Preparing chutneys, idli batter is also possible, along with juicing your favorite vegetables and fruits.
- As this machine works on a centrifugal action, the juicing process is speedy.
- The high-quality stainless-steel blades cut finer and faster.
- Though quick juicing is desirable, the product does not contain as many nutrients and enzymes as you get in cold press juicing.
- This machine occupies more space than the exclusive juicers or other appliances like the Nutribullet PRO.
While being heavier than cold press juicers like Kuvings B1700 or centrifugal juicers like Philips HR 1855, this Sujata Powermatic Plus is a multi-utility device. It can perform the functions of a mixer, grinder, and juicer combined.
6. Hurom HP Series Cold Press Slow Juicer
Centrifugal juicers can make fruit juices very quickly, but they come with a prominent foamy layer. It is because the fruits go through an oxidation process when the machine spins at high speed. It can result in nutrient loss.
The cold press juicers like Hurom HP Series rotate at slow speeds and thus, retains the nutrients and enzymes to make the fruit juices taste better and healthier.
The slower the rotational speed of the cold press juicers, the better is the mastication process. This Hurom HP Series offers the slowest rotating speeds of 43rpm compared to its peers like the Kuvings B1700 and Hestia Appliances models. As a result, this machine squeezes the maximum juice from your fruits and vegetables.
The strainer is a crucial component of cold press juicers. Hurom HP Series juicers offer two strainers, a coarse strainer for preparing smoothies, and a fine strainer for your fruit juices. These filters are made of high-quality ULTEM plastic to ensure durability.
The centrifugal juicers like the Philips HR series are not good at extracting milk from nuts and crushing leafy vegetables. In contrast, this Hurom HP Series machine is well equipped to handle such tasks with ease. Moreover, these appliances can extract juice from the hardest of vegetables like beetroots.
Cleaning the Huron HP Series cold press juicer is convenient. It comprises an inner spinning brush that cleans the chamber and strainer simultaneously. Besides, it is also easy to disassemble the juicer and clean it.
A unique feature of this juicer is the second generation chamber that features two wings to pull down the ingredients gently to enrich the natural flavor and nutritional value.
- The Hurom HP Cold Press Juicer is a versatile kitchen appliance capable of extracting juice from almost all fruits and vegetables.
- The structure is convenient to assemble and disassemble at any time.
- The second-generation squeezing technology ensures better performance than other juicers in its category.
- The juicing process is considerably slower than the centrifugal juicers.
This compact kitchen appliance is a handy assistant to the Indian homemaker. Moreover, it is available at affordable prices. On the other hand, if you wish to go for better features, the Hurom H-100 cold press juicer should be an ideal choice.
7. Agaro 33293 Imperial Cold Press Juicer
Generally, people feel that cold press juicers are expensive. In a way, models like Kuvings B1700 and Hurom HP Series are comparatively expensive to centrifugal juicers like Philips HR Series. The Agaro 33293 Imperial Cold Press Juicer strikes a delicate balance between these brands as it is available at affordable rates within the Indian homemaker’s modest budget.
Performance-wise, it does not compromise on quality as it features a robust auger to ensure perfect juicing. The screw-shaped pulverizing auger can squeeze out the last drop of juice from vegetables and fruits with ease.
This appliance also features a wide feeding tube measuring around 74mm in diameter
The cold press job ensures zero oxidation. Hence, you do not find any air bubbles in your juices. Thus, you get fruit juices with higher nutritional value than what the centrifugal juicers provide. Besides fruit and vegetable juices, you can prepare smoothies and sorbets using the Agaro 33293 Imperial cold press juicer.
Hygiene-wise, this juicer ranks alongside its illustrious competitors like the Hestia Appliances juicer and Hurom HP Series models. The 100% BPA-free plastic containers ensure the highest quality of hygiene.
The filtering arrangement allows the juice to separate from the pulp and collect in two different containers simultaneously. If you find the pulp getting clogged inside the juicer, you can use the reverse function to unclog it and throw away the pulp.
Another exciting aspect of this multi-utility kitchen aid is the ease of its cleaning. First, you can disassemble the parts and clean them separately. Then, assembling the components again does not take much time.
- The pusher feature is handy as you can apply the required pressure to push the fruits through the chute. It also allows you to control the speed with which the fruits enter the juicer.
- The easy assembly and disassembly make this unit desirable for every Indian kitchen.
- The compact size of the Agaro 33293 Imperial model is a significant advantage over other models.
- It is better to remove the seeds from your citrus fruits before inserting them, as they can get crushed along with the pulp and affect the overall taste.
While being less expensive than models like Kuvings B1700 and Hestia Appliances Nutri Max cold press juicers, the Agaro 33293 Imperial is an excellent appliance to have in your kitchen.
Buying Guide for Juicers
Before going into the intricacies of the juicing technology and the different types of juicers available, let us see how juicers work.
How do juicers work?
To put it simply, juicers are uncomplicated.
They have a simple job to do, extract juice from fruits and vegetables. They do so by either shredding or crushing them and extract the juice.
The impact of Juice on your health
Now the question arises as to what is the need to have juice when you can eat the fruits and vegetable whole. Drinking juice is a wonderful alternative to having fruits and vegetables.
In fact, juices allow you to have more of fruit and vegetables without putting too much pressure on your gut.
However, ensure to remove too much fruit from your juice. Too much of fructose results in excess of fat thereby tend to make you overweight.
Let us look at the different type of juicers. Also, have a look at Best Mixer Grinders.
Different types of juicers
Basically, there are three main types of juicers depending on the technology used.
This type of juicer has a tube through which you feed the fruits into the container. The container has a revolving blade that shreds the fruits and vegetables.
The centrifugal force comes into action and throws the juice towards the side of basket from where it is pushed through into a jug.
There are two types of centrifugal juicers. The continuously ejecting juicer is the more popular of the two.
The other type of centrifugal juicer envisages you to stop the machine and remove the pulp from the spinning basket before continuing with the process.
These juicers have a single gear that is spiral in shape. This juicer belongs to the pressing category.
The process of masticating is a slow one as it extracts the juice slowly. There is a collecting container that fits under the gear shaft for collecting the pulp and juice.
In many ways, the triturating juicers are similar to the masticating juicers. The difference is that this juicer has two augers as it separates the juice into stages.
The initial stage is when it crushes the vegetables and fruits whereby it removes the juice by pressing them.
In this way, the juicer is able to extract more fiber, vitamins, enzymes, and minerals from the pulp thereby providing you with fresh nutritious juice. These juicers are a bit advanced in technology as they are capable of slowing down the oxidation process. This enables you to store your juice and consume it later.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the different types of juicer
Each of the juicers has their individual advantages. Let us have a look at the disadvantages as well.
Centrifugal Juicers: Advantages
- Fewer parts, hence easier to clean
- Extremely fast in extracting juice from vegetables and fruits
- Great to handle softer fruits
- Most popular type of juicer in the market
- Occupy less space
Centrifugal Juicers: Disadvantages
- More oxidation as characterized by amount of foam
- Not ideal for storing juice
- Extracts less juice as compared to others
- Not suitable for extracting juice from wheatgrass or other type of grasses
Masticating Juicers: Advantages
- They work slowly, hence are able to extract more juice
- Less oxidation, therefore preserve more nutrients
- Good to make nut butters, baby food as they work as grain mills
- Capable of processing frozen fruits as well.
Masticating Juicers: Disadvantages
- Comparatively less efficient as centrifugal juicers when it comes to extracting juice from fruits with less fiber content
- More number of parts, hence takes more time for assembly and cleaning
- Smaller feed tube thereby entailing cutting the fruits before feeding into the juicer.
- Take up more counter space
Triturating Juicers: Advantages
- Of all the juicers, these are the ones capable of extracting maximum juice
- The twin gears make it run slower than the masticating juicers thereby capable of extracting more juice from leafy vegetables as well.
- Great for homogenizing food, hence excellent for preparing baby foods, fruit sorbets, and pasta
Triturating Juicers: Disadvantages
- Most expensive of the three types of juicers
- Slow, hence you need to cut up fruits before feeding
- Large machines, hence occupy more space
What should you look for in a juicer?
This is what you should look out for in a juicer.
Easy to use and clean
If you are a busy person, you would not like to spend considerable time cutting your fruits and cleaning the juicers subsequently. Hence, you are bound to look for speed in operation. Juicers having a larger feed chute are better as you save time in cutting up the fruits.
A juicer with faster extractor can give you juices faster, but you would not be able to store it for consumption later.
Slower juicers can give you juices of better quality as they do not suck up large quantities of air.
Twin gear juicers are a bit tougher to clean in comparison. A horizontal auger juicer is better.
Some juicers are dishwasher friendly, but you have to careful with the plastic parts. Check for the availability of a cleaning brush as one of its accessories.
Have a budget in mind as it becomes easier to choose one. Cheap juicers can break easily. Hence, factor in your usage and choose accordingly. You do not like to spend more in the bargain. Going for a quality brand is better than choosing a cheaper one any day.
Noise is a big factor. You would not love to wake up the neighborhood every morning with the whirring noise of your juicer. They might not need a morning alarm.
Check out the warranty available on your juicer. Any juicer with a longer warranty period has to be good.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us look at some frequently asked questions about juicers.
1. Which is the best juicer in the market?
This depends on the user. If you have time constraints, a centrifugal juicer is the best one for you. If you are the type who loves to give more importance to nutritive factors, the masticating and triturating juicers are advisable.
2. What juicer will you suggest for a person fighting cancer?
Fighting cancer requires you to have vegetable and fruit juice that has more nutritive value. You might have to take wheatgrass juice and other vegetable juices. Hence, a twin-gear masticating juicer should be fine for a person fighting cancer.
3. Which juicer is best in terms of value for money?
This can be a tough question to answer because you cannot satisfy everyone. However, if you are looking for juicers in terms of value for money, the masticating juicers should rank high up there. It again depends on your preferences.
If speed is what you are looking for, the centrifugal juicers should be your choice. Hence, we have a mixed one for you.
4. What are some of the best juicer brands in India?
The Juicer Market is filled with several models, Some of the Best known Juicer brands are Philips, Kuvings, Panasonic, Prestige, Sujata, Usha and Bajaj.
5. Which is the Best Juicer for Making Wheatgrass Juice?
Masticating or Twin gear Juicers work slowly and they are able to break the fiber cell walls of wheatgrass and squeeze the juice. Centrifugal juicers are not suitable for making Wheatgrass Juice.
We have just gone through the best juicer buying guide and reviewed the best juicers available in the market. Does this not make your job that much easier? Now, it would not be difficult for you to pose pertinent questions to the dealer and ensure that you get a better deal.