Who does not relish having a glass of delicious juice any time of the day? Should you order it from Swiggy or Zomato or visit the nearest juice parlor to have one? It is not necessary.
Investing in a juicer is a better option. We shall look at some of the best juicers in India in this post.
Generally, people tend to go for a multipurpose kitchen appliance, such as a mixer, grinder, and juicer. But a uni-dimensional device like a juicer should be perfect. Broadly, juicers are classified into two types, cold press juicers, and centrifugal juicers. So, we shall concentrate on such appliances.
We have tested all the juicers listed here and can vouch for their performances. The objective is to present a realistic view enabling users to understand the pros and cons of each product and make an informed decision.
Our Top Recommendations
Of all the juicers listed here, we recommend Kuvings B1700 as the best because of its versatility. Though the most expensive of the lot, it is one of the sturdiest. The 12-year warranty on the 240W motor ensures total value for your investment. Of course, it has some drawbacks, like purchasing smoothie and sorbet attachments separately. But its performance is top class.
The Agaro and Hestia models are similar in many ways and deliver identical performances. Philips Viva Collection is an innovative centrifugal juicer, whereas the Sujata Powermatic Plus mixer grinder juicer is a traditional multipurpose appliance.
We have also tested innovative juicers like Nutribullet Pro. As cold press and centrifugal juicers are not ideally suited for citrus fruits, we have tried the Philips citrus juicer to cater exclusively to preparing citrus fruit juices.
Before reviewing the seven best juicers in India in 2023, let us see how we tested the appliances in real-time.
How did we test our appliances?
The best aspect of our real-time testing is that we order these appliances as regular retailers do. Therefore, the sellers do not know we are testing their products. It ensures that our reviews are genuine and provide an unbiased opinion on the product to help our viewers select the ideal appliance for their kitchens.
We look at various aspects when testing the products.
- The appearance and design are the first things the viewer sees after opening the package. Almost all the machines tested by us have a compact design that occupies less space. However, the Sujata Powermatic Plus design occupies more space, primarily because it is a multipurpose appliance.
- We look at the assembling and disassembling aspects before testing the machines for their performance. All these appliances are comparatively convenient to assemble and use. Dismantling the devices is necessary for cleaning the jars and filters.
- We tested extracting juice from fruits like oranges, sweet limes, pomegranates, apples, and mangoes. Usually, we cut the fruits and remove the seeds before inserting the fruits inside the machines. But, the cold press juicers have wide feeder tubes allowing us to insert whole fruits or large pieces.
- Performance-wise, we found the cold press juicers better at extracting more juice than centrifugal juicers. In addition, cold press juicers do not cause oxidation of juices. Hence, there is no foam and more juice per fruit.
- We also tried crushing pulpy vegetables like carrots, beetroot, pumpkin, and tomatoes and green leafy vegetables like spinach, coriander, and wheatgrass. The juicing performance with crushing green leafy vegetables could have been better. But the cold press and centrifugal juicers were excellent with other vegetables.
- We tried all the juicers for preparing smoothies and sorbets. The cold press juicers proved better than the centrifugal appliances. Besides, the pulp extraction of the cold press juicers was excellent, with the pulp coming out almost bone-dry.
- The centrifugal juicers were good at preparing milkshakes and lassis because of the higher rotational speed. The Sujata Powermatic Plus juicer has a rotational speed of 22000 rpm.
- We found the centrifugal juicers featuring more potent motors, with the Sujata Powermatic Plus offering 900W and the Philips Viva Collection 700W. In contrast, the cold press juicers have 240W motors with a rotational speed between 43 and 50 rpm.
- Finally, we tested each machine for cleaning and found them convenient to clean. However, the Sujata Powermatic Plus required a detailed disassembly. We found it convenient to disassemble the other devices and wash them under the tap.
Best Juicers in India 2023
1. Kuvings B1700 Cold Press Juicer
Kuvings B1700 is the highest-priced juicer on this list because of its versatility. In addition, this machine gives you 40% more juice than other juicers because of the patented JMCS technology.
Though you must purchase the sorbet and smoothie attachments separately, this juicer ranks above the rest. In addition, the 12-year warranty is ample proof of its longevity.
Besides, the Kuvings B1700 has a powerful 240W to deliver a flawless juicing performance. Cleaning the juicer is also easy because its parts are dishwasher-safe.
The large feeder tube allows you to insert large chunks of fruits. But, this juicer is not ideal for preparing citrus fruit juices because the seeds get crushed with the pulp.
- The patented JMCS technology ensures better juicing.
- The 12-year warranty is the highest in the industry, making this appliance cost-efficient.
- This machine can work for 30 minutes without a break.
- The juicer is easy to assemble, use, disassemble, and clean.
- The cleaning tool is a valuable addition.
- This cold press juicer is more expensive than other similar products.
- It is not the ideal juicer for preparing citrus fruit juices and leafy green vegetables.
- Minute fibers stuck in the filter are challenging to clean.
- Users have to pay extra for the sorbet and smoothie attachments.
2. Hestia Nutri Max Cold Press Juicer
Hestia Nutri Max Cold Press Juicer has the cutest design among all the models reviewed here. This juicer is suitable for extracting juice from fruits and vegetables comfortably because of its slow rotation speed.
Though we do not recommend this appliance for crushing leafy greens, it is a perfect juicer for preparing smoothies and sorbets. The pulp extraction is this device’s highlight as it comes out the driest among all models discussed here.
Cleaning the Hestia Nutri Max model is easy because you can disassemble the parts and wash them separately under the sink. But we recommend running the juicer for a couple of minutes with plain water to allow the unclogging of the strainer pores.
We have tried juicing apples, beetroot, and carrots in this juicer and must state that the performance is top-class. However, we suggest removing the seeds from citrus fruits before inserting them inside the machine.
- The highlight is producing more juice and no foam.
- This juicer is excellent for preparing nut milk and sorbets.
- Cleaning this juicer is convenient because you can disassemble it comfortably.
- It comes with safety features that prevent overheating.
- Compared to other cold press juicers, it makes more noise.
- The juicer is expensive but worth every rupee.
- It is not ideal for preparing citrus fruit juices because the seeds get crushed to deliver a bitter taste.
- Hestia has an unsatisfactory customer service record.
3. Agaro Cold Press Juicer
Agaro Cold Press Juicer looks identical to the Hestia Nutri Max juicer and delivers a comparable performance. However, it is comparatively lower priced than the Hestia Nutri Max model.
Though this juicer is excellent for juicing fruits and vegetables, we recommend removing seeds from fruits like gooseberries, oranges, mangoes, and sweet lime to get the best results.
It is a suitable appliance for crushing pulpy vegetables but not leafy greens. This is because the residue gets entangled in the machine. But the best aspect of this machine is the reverse function that allows you to remove the clogged pulp and enhance performance levels.
Cleaning this juicer is easy because you can remove and wash the components separately under the kitchen tap.
- The wide-mouthed feeder tube allows the insertion of whole fruits for juicing.
- Assembling and using the appliance is easy.
- The reverse rotation mechanism helps remove fruit pieces stuck in the auger.
- This appliance is ideal as a wedding or anniversary gift.
- We do not recommend this juicer for extracting juice from citrus fruits.
- It does not have a self-cleaning mode.
- Green leafy vegetables can get trapped in the auger.
- Though better than Hestia, Agaro needs more after-sales service centers.
4. Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer
Centrifugal juicers deliver fruit juices faster than cold press juicers because of the powerful 900W motor and 22000 rpm speed. However, the juices have more foam because of oxidation.
The speed helps extract juice from carrots and beetroot quickly within minutes. Besides, the pulp comes out dry and collects in a separate container. The honeycomb strainer arrangement is excellent.
While the juicing activity is excellent, this machine performs satisfactorily when wet grinding idli and dosa batter. However, the dry grinding performance is good enough to make this appliance a superb kitchen aid.
Assembling Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer can take time, especially when fitting the juicer arrangement. Secondly, it occupies more space. Finally, cleaning the device is challenging because the pulp collection jar gets messy.
- The Sujata Powermatic Plus is a multipurpose kitchen appliance.
- The 900W motor and 22000 rpm make this an efficient machine.
- This machine can run continuously for 90 minutes
- The juicer is priced attractively.
- The machine makes noise, primarily when running at full speed.
- The 1-year warranty is the lowest among similar products.
- This appliance is uncomfortable to clean.
5. Philips Viva Collection HR 1863/20 Juicer
Compared to the Sujata Powermatic Plus juicer, the Philips Viva Collection HR 1863/20 is a compact appliance. The highlight of this uni-dimensional juicer is the high-quality filter to extract maximum juice from hard fruits. However, the pulp generated from soft fruits carries some juice.
The large feeder tube allows the insertion of whole fruits and vegetables. But, we do not recommend this juicer for extracting juice from green leafy vegetables. Besides, this juicer is not ideal for preparing nut milk.
Cleaning this appliance can be challenging because excessive brushing can damage the strainer. Though Philips claims a self-cleaning mechanism, it could be more effective.
The 700W motor ensures a sturdy performance, especially when it comes to extracting quick juices.
- The juicer has a powerful 700W motor to ensure high-quality performance.
- The extra-large feeding tube is an excellent feature.
- This compact juicer occupies less space.
- It delivers an excellent juicing performance, especially with hard fruits and vegetables.
- Juicing is not 100%, primarily with soft fruits.
- Cleaning the appliance is challenging.
- It does not have multiple speed settings like the Sujata Powermatic Plus model.
- We do not recommend this juicer for extracting nut milk.
6. Nutribullet Pro Juicer
The Nutribullet Pro is the most compact multipurpose kitchen appliance available in India. It is one of the lightest mixer grinders on the market. Besides, it delivers an excellent juicing performance.
While the motor is powerful, we advise running the appliance for a maximum of a minute at a time because it can get hot. In addition, the unique bullet-shaped jars make it the perfect juicer to take with you on your travel trips.
This juicer is excellent for preparing nut butter and other food pastes. In addition, the blades are strong enough to break robust vegetable stems and prepare nutritious soups and smoothies.
The best feature is to drink the juice directly after extracting it without pouring the liquid into another container. Then, cleaning the appliance is easy.
- This sleek machine can fit into the smallest kitchen spaces.
- The machine has a powerful 900W motor capable of delivering a power-packed performance.
- It delivers an excellent juicing performance.
- The unique design makes it an eye-catching appliance in the kitchen.
- The appliance does not have multi-speed controls.
- Getting spare parts can be a problem.
- The machine cannot run efficiently for more than one minute at a stretch.
- The extracted juice has more foam than juice extracted from cold press juicers.
7. Philips Citrus Press Juicer
We have seen that cold press and centrifugal juicers are not best suited for extracting juice from citrus fruits. This is because the seeds get crushed to deliver a bitter taste. A good solution is removing the seeds before juicing. Alternatively, a citrus juicer like Philips Citrus Press Juicer should be ideal.
This juicer has a two-way rotating system, ensuring maximum juice extraction. The sieve adjustor feature allows for adjusting the pulp content in the juice. In addition, the transparent jar makes it a convenient appliance to monitor.
Cleaning this juicer should be easy because the components are removable. However, though the performance is good, it is not versatile because this appliance cannot extract juice from fruits other than the citrus varieties.
- It is excellent for preparing citrus fruit juices.
- Cleaning the juicer is easy.
- The adjustable sieve allows for controlling pulp in the juice.
- The transparent jars enable convenient monitoring.
- This juicer cannot extract juice from other fruits.
- It has a small container.
We have reviewed the top juicers available in the Indian market in 2023. Let us now answer some frequently asked questions and clarify your doubts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which juicer is best for home use?
Much depends on your preferences. If you are a regular fruit juice consumer, investing in a cold press juicer is better because of its better performance and long-lasting abilities. Otherwise, you can use your regular mixer grinder appliance with a juicer arrangement. You can also choose the stand-alone centrifugal juicers for quick juicing.
2. Which is the best juicer brand in India?
If you look at cold press juicers, Kuvings B1700 is one of the best models because of its versatility and longevity. In addition, the Philips Viva Collection is an ideal centrifugal juicer. Finally, the Sujata Powermatic Plus is a good brand in the multipurpose juicer category.
3. What should you know before buying a juicer?
It would be best to look at various aspects before purchasing a juicer for your home.
- Know your preferences – Regular fruit juice consumers require a cold press juicer, whereas occasional consumers can invest in a multipurpose juicer cum mixer-grinder.
- Feeder Tube size – Knowing the feeder tube size is better before buying a cold press juicer. It allows you to estimate the size of fruits to insert into the machine. However, I would advise chopping the fruits to reduce the load on the juicer.
- Know the speed options – Cold press juicers function at slow speeds between 43 and 50 rpm to enable proper extraction of juice. The centrifugal juicers come with variable speed options. The higher the speed, the more foam.
- Pulp ejection capabilities – A good juicer should efficiently remove the pulp from the juice. Cold press juicers have excellent pulp ejection capabilities to ensure 100% juice. In comparison, the centrifugal juicers are not as efficient.
- Juice yield – Centrifugal juicers can extract juice quickly. Some juicers do not take more than a minute. But the juice yield is less than that of cold press juicers because of foam generation. In contrast, cold press juicers are more efficient.
- Container size – A suitable juicer should have a sizeable juice and pulp container with separate outlets to prevent them from mixing. A 1.2L juice container should be ideal for an average Indian home.
- Noise – The noise depends on the motor capacity and the juicer type. For example, centrifugal juicers have powerful motors of capacities 700W to 900W. Hence, they make more sound. On the other hand, cold press juicers have less potent engines with a power of around 240W. So they make less noise.
- Ease of assembly and use – The best juicer should be easy to assemble and use. Similarly, disassembling the appliance should be convenient.
- Ease of cleaning – Cleaning the juicer jars and other components should be convenient. However, the pulp can get stuck inside the gears or on the filter. So we suggest running the appliance with some water to allow better cleaning of the machine.
4. What type of juicer keeps the most nutrients?
Compared to centrifugal juicers, cold press juicers can retain more nutrients. In addition, these machines extract more juice than centrifugal juicers because of their slow rotational speed.
5. Which juicer is best, slow or fast?
It depends on your preferences. The fast juicers or centrifugal variety are the best if you want a quick glass of juice. But if you like more nutrients and taste in your juice, the slow cold press juicers are ideal.
6. Is masticating juicer the same as a cold press?
Cold press juicers are also referred to as masticating juicers. The dictionary meaning for masticating is slow digestion. Since the cold press juicers work slowly and crush the fruits gradually into pulp while extracting maximum juice, they are highly efficient.
7. Which is the better, centrifugal or cold press?
From the juicing point of view, cold press juicers are better performers than centrifugal juicers because they produce more juice and retain more nutrients. But the juicing process takes time.
On the other hand, centrifugal juicers deliver quick results. But the juice contains more foam because of oxidation. Therefore, cold press juicers are better than centrifugal juicers.
However, on the pricing aspect, cold press juicers are more expensive. So the centrifugal juicers seem more attractively priced.
8. Do centrifugal juicers destroy nutrients?
Centrifugal juicers do not destroy nutrients. But the process produces more heat and oxidation, producing inferior quality juice than cold press juicers.
9. Which juicer is best for hard vegetables?
Centrifugal juicers have potent motors with capacities of 700W to 900W. They have a high rotational speed of 20000 to 22000 rpm. So these juicers are best for hard vegetables. Moreover, pulp extraction is better with hard vegetables and fruits than the soft varieties. However, centrifugal juicers are not ideally suited for extracting juice from leafy greens.
10. Which is the best juicer for carrots and beetroot?
Carrots and beetroot are the most common vegetables people use for juicing. While centrifugal juicers are excellent for extracting juice from these vegetables, cold press juicers are equally efficient. So a juicer like Hestia Nutri Max Cold Press is as efficient as the Philips Viva Collection HR 1863/20 for juicing carrots and beetroot.
11. Should beetroot be cooked before juicing?
It is unnecessary to cook beetroot before juicing because roasting is not required. However, we advise peeling the skin and trimming the vegetable before inserting the pieces into the juicer. Cleaning the vegetable is essential because it contains soil residue. Some people boil beetroot before juicing, but beetroot can be juiced raw. They taste better when raw.
12. Is it worth purchasing a cold press juicer?
Yes. Investing in a cold press juicer is worthwhile. First, these juicers are expensive but deliver excellent performance. Secondly, these appliances last extended periods and do not require much maintenance. Finally, cleaning these juicers is also convenient. Since they provide total value for money, it is worth investing in a cold press juicer.