You need to have juice in your life (pun intended).
Let us look at how you go about choosing the best juicer in the market.
Remember, choosing a juicer is not so easy.
Sometimes, it does pay to be ignorant. You go to the shop, order for the first juicer machine you see, and take your juicer home.
The moment you know something about juicers, you tend to question many aspects that the shopkeepers might just not relish.
However, it does you no harm to have some knowledge about juicers and how they work. This buying guide will take you through the process smoothly.
Table of Contents
- Best Juicers in India 2019
- Best Cold Press Slow Juicers
- Buying Guide for Juicers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final thoughts
Best Juicers in India 2019
You have a large market out there in India with the giants like Philips, Panasonic, and others throwing their weight behind some of the High Quality Juicers. Let us look at the best juicers in India. You get these juicers online at Amazon.
1. Philips HR1863/20 700W Juicer
A collection juicer of the highest quality, you get high-quality juices in the fastest time possible. Look at the features of this juicer in brief.
- The 700 Watt motor makes it a powerful juicer capable of extracting two litres in one operation.
- Suitable for both vegetable and fruit juices like Apples carrots and beetroots.
- The pre-clean facility allows you to clean the juicer easily.
- Monitoring the progress is easy because of the transparent pulp container
- Longer and larger feeding tube ensures you need not cut the fruits before feeding them.
- Safe for dishwasher use
- Smooth sieve enabling you to clean with a kitchen sponge
- Easy to dispose the pulp after extraction of juice
- Presence of safety clamps provides additional safety while operating
- One of the best juicers in India under Rs. 10,000
2. Philips HR1855/70 700W Juicer
Similar to the one described above, this juicer is well worth the money you spend on buying a juicer. The following features will tell you why.
- ABS plastic body makes it durable
- Safety clamps at the sides makes it safe for operation
- Feed tube measuring 75 mm entails that you need not cut fruits and vegetables before feeding
- Easy to clean
- Concentrated pulp collection
- Transparent container
- Powerful 700 W motor
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Suitable with all sorts of fruits like Apples, Oranges, Banana, Pineapple, Guava and Pomegranate and vegetables like Carrots, cucumbers, and Beetroots).
3. Philips HR1832/00 400W Juicer
This collection juicer is very easy to use and clean as well. The following features make this juicer extremely popular.
- Compact design with adequate safety features
- Integrated tap allows you to collect juice into a glass
- Provision of a juice jug to store juice
- Polished sieve allows for easy cleaning
- Transparent container with ability to concentrate the pulp extracts at a single place
- Drip stop feature ensure juice does not drip on the counter top
- Dishwasher safe
- Energy efficient as it consumes 400 Watts power
- This is one of the best juicers in India under Rs.5000
4. Philips HL 1631/J 500W Juicer
Economical as far as costs are concerned, this juicer is convenient for preparing your vegetable and fruit juices. Understand the convenience of using this juicer from the following features.
- Sleek and stylish body with a tube and a pusher
- The unique micro mesh filter and reverse spiral sieve allows for maximum extraction
- Adequate safety features available
- Shuts off when overloaded
- Powerful motor
- 2-year warranty
5. Panasonic MJ-68M 220 Watt centrifugal Juicer
If you are looking for a quick glass of juice, nothing can beat this Panasonic product. Look at the other advantageous features.
- Centrifugal juicer of the highest quality
- Adequate safety features such as circuit breaker in case of overload
- Compact in size
- Safety lock clamp ensures the juicer does not wobble while in operation
- Stainless steel spinner, hence durable
- Plastic container capable of collecting 600 ml of juice at a time
- Excellent speed of 12500 rpm
- One year warranty available
6. Sujata Powermatic Juicer
This juicer doubles up as a mixer and grinder as well. Have a glance at the other attractive features.
- Powerful 810 watts motor with double ball bearings
- Honey comb mesh ensures higher yield
- Good speed of 22000 rpm allows for retaining of original flavor
- Capable of working for 90 minutes at a stretch
- Transparent mixer jar
- Blades of high quality for faster cutting
- Does not require much maintenance
- This is One of the best budget juicers in India.
Best Cold Press Slow Juicers
1. Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
The Cold Press juicer is a slow juicer, hence capable of producing better output. Take a look at the other features of this masticating juicer.
- Speed of 45 rpm shows how slow the juicer is
- Ideal for use on soft and hard fruits
- The frozen attachment, juice cup and pulp cup complete the accessories list
- Slow masticating nature of operating ensures better efficiency
- 5-year warranty on motor and 1-year on other parts
2. Usha Nutripress CPJ362F 240 Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
This versatile juicer can do everything you ask for from a juicer. The attractive features are as follows.
- This juicer can take care of fruits, vegetables, frozen desserts, nuts, and grains as well.
- Cold press technology entails that you get higher quantity of juice
- Slow juicer, hence retains nutrient value of fruits and vegetables
- Low temperature juicing technology
- 5-year warranty on motor with a 2-year warranty on product.
3. Wonderchef Slow Juicer 200W Juicer
As the name suggests, this is a wonderful juicer capable of giving you maximum benefit from vegetables and fruits.
- Slow squeezing mechanism helps in retaining the vitamins, minerals, and enzymes thereby providing better nutritional value
- Powerful juicer capable of extracting juice from all fruits and vegetables
- Powerful motor that saves a lot of current as well
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Durable structure
- Here is the Full List of Best Cold Press Juicers suitable for Making Healthy Juices with Carrots and Beetroots without losing the valuable nutrients.
Buying Guide for Juicers
Before going into the intricacies of the juicing technology and the different types of juicers available, let us see how juicers work.
How do juicers work?
To put it simply, juicers are uncomplicated.
They have a simple job to do, extract juice from fruits and vegetables. They do so by either shredding or crushing them and extract the juice.
The impact of Juice on your health
Now the question arises as to what is the need to have juice when you can eat the fruits and vegetable whole. Drinking juice is a wonderful alternative to having fruits and vegetables.
In fact, juices allow you to have more of fruit and vegetables without putting too much pressure on your gut.
However, ensure to remove too much fruit from your juice. Too much of fructose results in excess of fat thereby tend to make you overweight.
Let us look at the different type of juicers. Also, have a look at Best Mixer Grinders.
Different types of juicers
Basically, there are three main types of juicers depending on the technology used.
This type of juicer has a tube through which you feed the fruits into the container. The container has a revolving blade that shreds the fruits and vegetables.
The centrifugal force comes into action and throws the juice towards the side of basket from where it is pushed through into a jug.
There are two types of centrifugal juicers. The continuously ejecting juicer is the more popular of the two.
The other type of centrifugal juicer envisages you to stop the machine and remove the pulp from the spinning basket before continuing with the process.
These juicers have a single gear that is spiral in shape. This juicer belongs to the pressing category.
The process of masticating is a slow one as it extracts the juice slowly. There is a collecting container that fits under the gear shaft for collecting the pulp and juice.
In many ways, the triturating juicers are similar to the masticating juicers. The difference is that this juicer has two augers as it separates the juice into stages.
The initial stage is when it crushes the vegetables and fruits whereby it removes the juice by pressing them.
In this way, the juicer is able to extract more fiber, vitamins, enzymes, and minerals from the pulp thereby providing you with fresh nutritious juice. These juicers are a bit advanced in technology as they are capable of slowing down the oxidation process. This enables you to store your juice and consume it later.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the different types of juicer
Each of the juicers has their individual advantages. Let us have a look at the disadvantages as well.
Centrifugal Juicers: Advantages
- Fewer parts, hence easier to clean
- Extremely fast in extracting juice from vegetables and fruits
- Great to handle softer fruits
- Most popular type of juicer in the market
- Occupy less space
Centrifugal Juicers: Disadvantages
- More oxidation as characterized by amount of foam
- Not ideal for storing juice
- Extracts less juice as compared to others
- Not suitable for extracting juice from wheatgrass or other type of grasses
Masticating Juicers: Advantages
- They work slowly, hence are able to extract more juice
- Less oxidation, therefore preserve more nutrients
- Good to make nut butters, baby food as they work as grain mills
- Capable of processing frozen fruits as well.
Masticating Juicers: Disadvantages
- Comparatively less efficient as centrifugal juicers when it comes to extracting juice from fruits with less fiber content
- More number of parts, hence takes more time for assembly and cleaning
- Smaller feed tube thereby entailing cutting the fruits before feeding into the juicer.
- Take up more counter space
Triturating Juicers: Advantages
- Of all the juicers, these are the ones capable of extracting maximum juice
- The twin gears make it run slower than the masticating juicers thereby capable of extracting more juice from leafy vegetables as well.
- Great for homogenizing food, hence excellent for preparing baby foods, fruit sorbets, and pasta
Triturating Juicers: Disadvantages
- Most expensive of the three types of juicers
- Slow, hence you need to cut up fruits before feeding
- Large machines, hence occupy more space
What should you look for in a juicer?
This is what you should look out for in a juicer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us look at some frequently asked questions about juicers.
1. Which is the best juicer in the market?
This depends on the user. If you have time constraints, a centrifugal juicer is the best one for you. If you are the type who loves to give more importance to nutritive factors, the masticating and triturating juicers are advisable.
2. What juicer will you suggest for a person fighting cancer?
Fighting cancer requires you to have vegetable and fruit juice that has more nutritive value. You might have to take wheatgrass juice and other vegetable juices. Hence, a twin-gear masticating juicer should be fine for a person fighting cancer.
3. Which juicer is best in terms of value for money?
This can be a tough question to answer because you cannot satisfy everyone. However, if you are looking for juicers in terms of value for money, the masticating juicers should rank high up there. It again depends on your preferences.
If speed is what you are looking for, the centrifugal juicers should be your choice. Hence, we have a mixed one for you.
We have just gone through the best juicer buying guide and reviewed the best juicers available in the market. Does this not make your job that much easier? Now, it would not be difficult for you to pose pertinent questions to the dealer and ensure that you get a better deal.
Shiva Kumar is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious!