Idli or dosa is an ideal snack to have before going to the office. Though you have the luxury of ordering through Zomato or Swiggy, nothing can beat the fluffy idlis and crisp dosas made at home.
You need a wet grinding machine to grind smooth idli/dosa batter. However, are you worried about the power these grinders consume?
You can rest assured because they do not consume much power. Our wet grinder power consumption calculator can help you determine the amount of electricity these appliances consume.
As simple as it comes
Using our wet grinder power consumption calculator is convenient. It requires the minimum input to deliver the most impactful output you need.
- Enter the rated power consumption of the appliance. It is available in the specification sheet or the instruction manual of the wet grinding machine.
- Estimate the average amount of time you would use the wet grinder daily. It depends on the quantity you grind and the frequency of usage. Generally, we can assume a nominal figure of half an hour.
- Input the electricity tariff rate in your area. The figures are available on your electricity bill. Besides, you can refer to our detailed state-wise tariff article to know your exact tariff rate.
On entering this information, you get an instant output detailing the following.
- The amount of power your wet grinder consumes daily, monthly, and annually
- The effect it can have on your electricity bill
Here is a quick real-time calculation using two of the best and most popular wet grinders.
|Parameters/Wet Grinders||Butterfly Smart Wet Grinder – 2L||Prestige PWG 07 Wet Grinder – 2L|
|Rate power of your appliance in Watts||150||200|
|Average daily usage in hours/minutes||30 minutes||30 minutes|
|Electricity tariff in Rs||7||7|
|Daily units consumed by the wet grinder||0.07||0.10|
|Monthly units consumed by the appliance||2.10||3.00|
|Effect on your monthly electricity bill in Rs||14.70||21.00|