You have just seen the buying guide for the best water heaters in India. Does size matter? Yes, it does. What should be the ideal water heater size? It depends on the number of people using the geyser.
Note the following points when you wish to know the ideal size of water heaters for your house.
- A smaller tank entails that you get less hot water that you need.
- A bigger tank can result in wasting water and electricity due to standing loss.
- For the ideal size, you can refer to the size calculator shown below.
|Size of Family||Manner of intended use||Geyser Type||Ideal Geyser capacity|
|2 to 3 members||Bathing – bucket||Instant||6 litres|
|2 to 3 members||Bathing – bucket||Storage||10 to 15 litres|
|2 to 3 members||Bathing – Shower||Storage||15 to 25 litres|
|2 to 3 members||Washing utensils||Instant||1 to 3 litres|
|4 to 8 members||Bathing – bucket||Storage||25 litres|
|4 to 8 members||Bathing – Shower||Storage||25 litres|
|4 to 8 members||Washing utensils||Instant||1 to 3 litres|
Table of Contents
Space is important
The average bathroom is small. In this age of attached bathrooms, there is far less space. Hence, the instant geyser is best suited for such bathrooms. The storage geyser has use only when you have more space.
Longevity of geyser
It depends on the type of water available. Many places in India have a high percentage of salt. Hence, you can expect scaling to occur. This can reduce the life of the coils.
In the normal course, instant water heaters last longer than the storage ones. The principal reason is that storage geyser water heaters can decompose. However, with the easy availability of spare parts, you have geysers lasting for more than 20 years.
Advantages of choosing the right size of geyser
Choosing the right size should not be a problem for anyone after going through this article. The advantages of choosing the optimum size are many. Let us look at some of the in brief.
- You save energy in the form of electricity consumed.
- You save time because the water will be at optimum temperature at all times.
- As you run your geyser for the right amount of time, you increase the longevity of the appliance.
You have just seen the buying guide as well as the optimum size of geyser for your family. We shall now proceed further and compare the instant geyser with the storage geyser as far as power consumption is concerned.
This will give you the right idea about the type of geyser to install in your house. You had seen the comparison with regard to space in this particular article. Let us move ahead with the comparison in the next article.
- 9 Best Geyser Water Heaters In India 2018 (Instant, Storage)
- Best Havells Geysers in India (2018) Reviews – Storage & Instant
- Coating & Tank material in water heaters (Stainless steel, Polymer, Glass Lined)
- Water heater Thermostat – Everything you need to Know!
- Instant Geyser vs Storage Geysers / Water Heaters!