The improvements in technology are certainly beneficial to mankind. But, at the same time, it is our responsibility to maintain the equipment so that they last longer and continue to serve us efficiently.
The Washing machine is a fantastic invention. It saves a lot of time and labor for the Indian homemaker.
One should know how to maintain these washing machines in perfect working condition.
One of the best things to do is to keep them clean at all times. Let us see how to keep the washing machine clean.
How do you clean a front loading washing machine?
The biggest advantage of using a front loading washing machine is the energy-saving capacity. Hence, it is better to use an eco-friendly method to clean these machines.
These machines can develop moulds that can give out an unpleasant smell. The normal cooking ingredients available at home is enough to clean these machines. This is what you need to clean a front loader.
- Vinegar – 2 cups
- Baking Soda – ¼ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Mix water and baking soda in a small container.
- Add this mixture to your detergent dispenser in the machine.
- Pour the vinegar into the washing machine drum.
- Set your front loader to work at the normal mode and the hottest water setting.
- Close the door, start the machine, and watch the machine clean itself.
The mixture of baking soda and vinegar can help in eliminating the mineral deposits and moulds. The sponge comes handy to scrub the stubborn mould deposits at the openings. Use clean water to wipe out the residue.Your machine is sparklingly clean and fit to use. Repeat this procedure every month or whenever you feel the need to do so.
How to Clean Front Load Drum
You have just seen how to clean front load washer. Let us see how to clean front load drum.
- Dilute some washing machine cleaning liquid. Alternatively, you can use a soap solution in warm water.
- Dip a clean rag into this solution and wipe your front loader drum.
- Use another clean rag to wipe the drum dry.
- Leave the washing machine door open for some time to allow the residue to dissipate before using the machine
How to clean front load Dryer
The dryer is an important part of your washing machine. Let us now see how to clean front load dryer.
- The lint filter is the area where you should pay more attention.
- Use the narrow nozzle of your vacuum cleaner to remove as much lint as possible. You can also use a duster to wipe up the lint.
- The interior part of the dryer and door seal require cleaning as well.
- You can remove the dryer lint duct thereby enabling you to clean it thoroughly.
- Check out the exterior to ensure there is no block that prevents the air to escape freely.
- Use sudsy water to clean the top and exterior portions of the dryer.
The all-purpose cleaner sprays are also useful for removing melted crayon inks, etc. Before using the machine for drying your normal clothes, use the dryer with some old towels or rags. Any residue left while drying will be eliminated.
How do you clean a top load washing machine?
The procedure is somewhat similar to the one you use to clean the front loader.
The washing machine descaler is useful in areas where you have hard water. It helps to eliminate salt deposits.
- Set your machine to the highest load size, hottest water setting, and the longest wash cycle.
- Add the vinegar or bleach to the water. Now add the mixture of baking soda and water.
- Run the machine. The machine does the cleaning job on its own.
- After the cleaning job is over, you should wipe the washing drum clean.
- Repeat the procedure without adding the vinegar and baking soda to remove the traces of these chemicals from the top load washing machine.
You can buy the washing machine cleaning powders online. Ensure that you carry out the procedure at least once a month. This will ensure the longevity of the washing machine.
The washing machine has a duty to wash and clean our clothes. We have a duty towards our washing machine and this is to maintain them in perfect working condition.
- 10 Best Front Load Washing Machines in India (2021) | LG, Bosch, IFB, Samsung!
- Agitator vs Impeller Washing Machine | Which is better option?
- Front Load vs Top Load Washing Machines | In-depth Comparison (2021)
- Inverter Technology in Washing Machines – Explained!
- How does the Samsung Eco Bubble washing machine work?
Geetha Srinivasan is a homemaker by profession and choice. Her passion and skill in understanding the nuances of electric appliances prove handy in providing information about Home & kitchen appliances in the most straightforward manner possible.