Ask any Indian which is the household’s most commonly used kitchen appliance, and the answer would be unanimous. Yes. It is the humble mixer grinder. So, we shall review the Usha RapidMix Mixer grinder in this article.
The Usha RapidMix mixer grinder is a suitable appliance that has proved its worth in the kitchen. Though it does not have a juicer and other fancy attachments, it performs its primary responsibility beautifully. Moreover, it is affordable and one of the best appliances for small families and couples.
Pros – What is good about the Usha RapidMix Mixer Grinder?
- Usha is a reputed brand. So, if you are looking for a brand name, Usha RapidMix should fit the bill perfectly.
- This appliance has a powerful 500W motor capable of delivering a decent performance.
- It offers dry grinding and wet grinding facilities. So, preparing dry masala powders or wet chutneys should not be an issue.
- The appliance has three stainless steel jars, including a 1.2L wet grinding jar to prepare idli and dosa batter.
- Stainless steel blades make this mixer grinder a powerful performer. So, they comfortably take care of hard ingredients like turmeric, pepper, ginger, garlic, etc.
- Usha claims that the mixer grinder can run for 30 minutes continuously. So, grinding idli and dosa batter should not be a challenge. However, a wet grinder is better suited for this job.
- Pricing-wise, the Usha RapidMix is reasonable and affordable.
Cons – What does the Usha RapidMix Mixer Grinder lack?
- The Usha RapidMix mixer grinder is a straightforward machine without additional attachments like a juicer, blender, or whisker. However, you can prepare soups, juices, milkshakes, smoothies, curries, and idli batter in the 1.2L wet jar.
- The three jars come with tight-fitting lids but do not have clamps. So, one has to hold them during operation. It consumes time as you cannot multitask when operating the appliance.
- Though the lids are tight, they can come off when the mixer operates at its highest speed, especially if you do not hold the cover with your hands.
- The jars have plastic bases that can break with continuous usage. However, replacements are readily available.
- This appliance does not have an overload protection feature. So, you have to be careful when using the machine.
- Though Usha claims that the machine can function for 30 minutes continuously, it is not so because the motor becomes uncomfortably hot.
- The mixer makes much noise when operating at full speed.
The First Impression
At first glance, the Usha RapidMix mixer grinder looks to be a simple appliance. It has a sea-green colored ABS plastic body with three stainless steel jars. It seems to be a decent model. So, let us judge its performance by reviewing it and discussing its pros and cons.
Usha RapidMix Mixer Grinder – The Components
Before we review the Usha RapidMix mixer grinder features, let us look at the components available in the package.
- ABS shockproof body that lasts long
- 500W high torque copper motor that ensures a 20000 rpm speed for high-quality grinding
- Three stainless steel jars
- 400 ml chutney jar
- 800 ml dry grinding jar
- 1200 ml wet grinding jar
- 4-fin hardened stainless steel blades for fine grinding
- Attractive dual-tone finish that looks attractive
- 5-year warranty on the motor and two years on the product
Usha RapidMix Mixer Grinder – Features and Performance
The Motor – Powerful
Let us start with the motor because it represents the machine’s heart. The Usha RapidMix mixer grinder has a 500W high-torque copper motor. The copper winding makes it a sturdy accessory. In addition, the self-lubricating bronze bush extends the motor’s lifespan. Besides delivering a comparatively cooler operation, the copper winding ensures higher reliability and longer running time.
Usha claims that the motor can function for 30 minutes continuously. However, practical usage shows that the engine becomes hot after 20 to 25 minutes, forcing you to switch off the machine. Besides, the device does not have an overload protection switch. But that should not be an issue because you can manage your loads accordingly.
The motor can achieve a maximum speed of 20000 rpm. Therefore, it is ideal for grinding challenging ingredients like turmeric. However, the mixer grinder has adjustable speed options.
The Performance – Good
The Usha RapidMix mixer grinder features three jars of varying capacities from 400 ml to 1.2L. The smaller jar is ideal for grinding chutneys and powdering spices. It features a powerful 2-fin stainless steel blade to deliver a robust performance. The wet jar has a 4-fin blade for effective idli and dosa batter grinding. Though it does not have a whisker arrangement, you can prepare milkshakes and purees in the wet grinding jar.
The jars feature PP Flexi lids that hold onto them tightly. However, they do not have clamps to secure them properly. So, one should be careful when operating the mixer at full speed. We advise pressing the cover firmly to prevent it from flying off accidentally.
The dry grinding performance is good because this mixer grinder features sturdy blades to crush stubborn ingredients like spices, turmeric, dry fruits, and others to a fine powder without any lumps.
Safety Angle – Safe
The Usha RapidMix mixer grinder is a safe appliance because it features a sturdy ABS shockproof body that does not vibrate when operating at high speeds. Besides, the body has super-suction feet that grip the surface firmly and does not allow the appliance to move during operations.
The Usha RapidMix has vents on its sides and bottom to allow the hot air to escape. Thus, it prevents the motor from overheating. In addition, the unit features a sturdy 3-pin plug and thick insulated wiring to protect you from electric shocks.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning the Usha RapidMix mixer grinder jars is not an issue. You can use the reverse side of the spatula to remove the blades before washing the jars. It helps prevent unnecessary injuries. Before removing the blades, we suggest adding a few drops of cleaning liquid to the water and running the appliance for a couple of seconds. It makes the cleaning job convenient.
You can wipe the mixer grinder body with a cloth. However, we advise disconnecting the machine from the mains supply before using a wet cloth to wipe the body.
Usha offers a two-year warranty on the product and five years on the motor. However, the warranty does not cover the plastic parts vulnerable to damage.
Usha offers exemplary after-sales service with a vast network spread across India. However, repairing the mixer grinder is not an issue. Any local service personnel can handle this appliance comfortably. However, we advise contacting the authorized service technician if there is any problem during the warranty period.
The Usha RapidMix is an excellent mixer grinder capable of performing admirably in the Indian kitchen. It is ideal for small families and couples. Though the wet grinding capabilities are questionable, it should not be an issue because you can purchase wet grinders for grinding idli dosa batter. This mixer grinder is not perfectly cut out for that job. Nevertheless, it can help prepare idli dosa batter in small quantities in an emergency.