Our Verdict: If you are looking for a quick glass of fruit juice, you can go for a centrifugal juicer like the Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer. Features like 90 minutes continuous running, 22000 rpm speed, and 900W motor make it a decent choice.
This machine is reasonably priced and provides total value for money. However, the one-year warranty is meaningless because it is of practically no use.
- Multipurpose appliance, a mixer, grinder, and juicer
- Powerful 900W motor
- Powerful juicing performance, capable of juicing carrots and beetroots within minutes
- 90-minute continuous run time
- It does not require much maintenance
- Pricing is attractive.
- While juicing performance is good, the grinding performance could be better.
- Not the most convenient appliance to clean
- It makes noise.
- The 1-year warranty period is next to nothing.
- Customer service needs improvement.
Though Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer considers itself a multipurpose appliance, it is not an all-rounder because the grinding performance could have been better. The machine does not feature a chutney grinding jar. However, you can purchase one separately if required. The juicing performance is excellent, with the pulp coming out dry.
This juicer can deliver instant juices and work for 90 minutes at a stretch. So, if you have a party or wish to use it commercially, it is a suitable appliance. The honeycomb strainer is an innovative attachment that traps the seeds and does not make the juice taste bitter.
Assembling the machine can be dicey because you take time to get used to the locks. Cleaning the device is not challenging but also not an enjoyable job. On the other hand, the blending performance is good. So preparing your milkshakes is convenient.
The powerful motor and the juicing speed make the Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer a good investment. However, the juicer arrangement occupies much space.
Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer – Specifications
- Weight – 6.20 Kg
- Dimensions – 27 x 50 x 36 cm
- Material – Plastic
- Color – White
- Motor – 900W
What’s in the box?
- Sturdy 900W motor enclosed in plastic casing
- One transparent blender jar made of unbreakable plastic
- One stainless steel grinding jar with a plastic lid
- Juicer arrangement, with pulp collector, centrifugal juicer jar, plastic pusher, honeycomb filter mesh
- Extra gear and blade
Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer is available online on Amazon and other e-commerce retailers. This product is also available online on the official website. Besides, you can purchase it offline at your neighborhood shops.
Sujata Powermatic Plus Design
The Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer has an awkward design that occupies much space on the kitchen counter, primarily when you use the juicer. However, the appliance is convenient to grind because you remove the pulp collector that occupies most of the space.
This machine features a powerful 900W motor encased in a sturdy ABS plastic body. The appliance has vents at the bottom for the hot air to circulate. This device has a manual control knob with three-speed controls, low, medium, and high speed. The whipper option is also available.
The blender jar is made of unbreakable plastic. It has a tightly fitting lid with a removable window, allowing you to monitor the blending process and add more ingredients if required. Similarly, the grinding jar is made of high-quality stainless steel. Some models offer a grinding jar with the package.
The juicer attachment is detachable. You can remove the pulp collection attachment when using the appliance for blending and grinding. Assembling the blending and grinding jar is not a problem, but you must practice fixing the juicer attachments.
The juicer jar has a spout that allows the liquid to flow out. The pulp collects in the pulp collection jar. The primary drawback of this juicer is that you cannot push in whole fruits or large pieces because the entrance is narrow. Besides, you must push the vegetables and fruits inside the jar using the plastic pusher supplied with the package.
We do not recommend using this product for extracting juice from leafy vegetables. However, it is suitable for soft fruits like oranges, mangoes, sweet lime, pomegranates, apples, and papayas. You can also extract juice from carrots and beetroots comfortably.
Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer Performance
The juicing performance is good because it delivers your juices quickly, within seconds. However, the centrifugal process produces foam because of oxidation. Hence, you get less liquid compared to the cold press juicers. As a result, you get more pulp. But the pulp is dry.
This juicer is suitable for citrus fruits because the seeds do not get crushed during the juicing process. While you can push your carrots whole, it is not possible with other vegetables and fruits. Instead, you have to cut them into small pieces. It can consume time, but the juicing process is rapid.
We do not recommend using this machine for wet grinding idli and dosa batter. Though you can do so in small quantities, the result could be better. Blending milkshakes or lassis is convenient using the blending jar.
The 240W powerful motor has a maximum speed of 22000 rpm. Since it can work continuously for 90 minutes, it is an excellent machine for commercial use.
Cleaning the juicer, especially the pulp container, is tedious. However, the honeycomb filter mesh is easy to clean and does not get clogged with pulp residue. You can comfortably wash it under the kitchen tap.
Otherwise, the cleaning job is similar to that of other mixer grinders. But the blades can be sharp. So, we advise users to be careful when cleaning the appliance.
Though the overall performance is good, Sujata offers a warranty of one year on the product. It could be more impressive, especially when competitors offer ten years on 240W motors.
This machine does not require much maintenance. Any mixer grinder technician can handle this appliance and resolve problematic issues.
Cold Press vs Centrifugal Juicers – Which is better?
Generally, the talk concerns how cold press juicers compare with centrifugal juicers. Both these products have their plus and minus points.
- Cold press juicers feature low-power motors. As a result, they have slow speeds that do not exceed 60 rpm. On the other hand, centrifugal juicers have potent motors with high speeds of up to 22000 rpm.
- Cold press juicer motors do not become hot quickly, but centrifugal juicer engines do. But these juicers feature vents at the bottom for circulating hot air.
- Centrifugal juicers produce less juice than cold press juicers because of the oxidation process. As a result, the juice made by centrifugal juicers has foam, whereas the cold press juicers produce clear liquids without froth.
- Centrifugal juicers produce juice quickly within seconds. On the contrary, cold press juicers take time to extract juice from fruits and vegetables.
- Cold press juicers are comparatively more expensive than centrifugal juicers.
- Centrifugal juicers are multipurpose appliances that can serve as mixers and grinders whenever required. Cold press juicers are uni-dimensional.
Sujata Powermatic Plus Juicer – Competitors
- Usha 3345 Juicer Mixer Grinder is a smaller machine with a 450W motor.
- Sujata Powermatic Juicer is available without jars, blending, or grinding. The performance is similar to the Sujata Powermatic Plus model.
- Sujata Powermatic Plus 501-AI is similar in performance levels to the Sujata Powermatic Plus model reviewed here.