The Sleepyhead Original BodyIQ Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress is unique because it adjusts to your body shape perfectly and provides excellent comfort, regardless of your sleeping position.
Indians are known to lead hard lives commuting for hours from home to the office and back. Add the tensions of office and family life, and you have a reasonably stressed person yearning for a peaceful sleeping experience at night.
Sleepyhead Original BodyIQ Orthopedic memory foam mattress provides a comfortable sleeping experience and reintroduces fun and passion into their lives. Besides, the mattress’s stunning appearance adds to your bedroom ambiance.
So, let us review the Sleepyhead Original BodyIQ Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress. But before we dive deep into the review and discuss its features, here are our first impressions.
The First Impression is Usually The Last.
At first glance, the Sleepyhead Memory Foam Mattress looks attractive. The edge support feels beautiful, making it comfortable to sit on it. However, the bed sinks as you make yourself more comfortable by pushing deep into the mattress. Though it can take some effort to drag yourself out of the mattress, it is a good investment because it gives you a comfortable sleeping experience.
Things we like about the mattress
- It is an incredible feeling if you are trying out memory foam for the first time. But if you are used to memory foam, your initial response would be ‘somewhat OK.’
- The best aspect of this bed is its packaging. It looks fantastic how the manufacturer vacuum packs it into a small cardboard carton. It is a mind-blowing experience inflating it.
- You feel exhilarated when you sleep on it the first time around.
- The bed is made of good quality material and comes nicely stitched.
- Kids love the bouncy feel of the mattress and love watching the foam regain its shape as they jump and frolic on the bed.
- The bed does not display motion isolation. So, it should not matter if your partner is a restless sleeper who loves to toss around in the bed.
- The Queen-size mattress is ideal for a couple.
- The pricing is excellent and reasonable. It is one of the best memory foam mattresses at this price.
- The Sleepyhead mattress is ideally suited for people who sleep on their sides.
- The 100-day trial period is a good feature.
Things we feel could have been better with the mattress.
- The mattress does not come with a protective cover. Besides, it is available in white color. Though beautiful, white tends to get soiled soon. So, the manufacturers should provide a protective covering for the bed. Secondly, they can introduce more colors to offer a choice to people.
- Sleeping at the edges can cause back pain because the memory foam effect is better felt towards the center of the bed.
- This bed is best if you do not have back pain. However, people with a history of back pain might experience the bed too soft to provide relief. But the bed is comfortable.
- Memory foam beds tend to emit heat. So, the body can feel hot and sweaty after a night’s sleep. It should be fine if you have an air conditioner in the room. Otherwise, the heat emitted by the memory foam can rob you of your sleep.
- Though the bed is excellent to sleep on, working on your laptop while sitting on the mattress can feel uncomfortable.
- Sleepyhead offers a 100-day trial period during which you can return it. However, some users have reported difficulties when returning the mattress.
Sleepyhead Original – How does it feel?
The initial feeling is euphoric, especially if you have never slept on a memory foam bed. The softness of this mattress can blow you over. But, with continuous usage, you can start experiencing some of the cons discussed above.
The heat emission by the memory foam bed is normal. It happens with almost all foam beds. It can seem uncomfortable in the summer, especially if you do not have an AC. But, it is excellent during winter because the trapped heat adds to the comfort.
Sleepyhead Original – How firm is the mattress?
You cannot call it a super-soft mattress. It is best-termed medium-firm. So, if I have to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, with ten being the firmest, I will place the mattress at 5. A very soft mattress is not ideal because it can cause your body to sink deep into it, making it a challenge to climb out of bed every time.
So, if you already have a bad back and are looking for a comfortable mattress, the Sleepyhead Original is not the smartest choice. But this mattress is excellent if you have no back pain history.
Sleepyhead Original – The Mattress Construction
The Sleepyhead Original is a three-layered mattress made up of
- A Support Foam layer to provide relief from orthopedic pain,
- BodyIQ Orthopedic Memory Foam layer that adapts to your body contours and offers personalized support and comfort, and
- Super Soft Foam as extra padding to relieve pressure and make the bed feel soft and comfortable.
Finally, the mattress has a breathable fabric cover that soaks up moisture and dries quickly. Besides, this protective cover resists piling and abrasion. This cover is washable. However, the bed is available with the white cover alone. It tends to become dirty. The mattress is overall comfortable. But, users can invest in a mattress topping to provide added protection and comfort.
Sleepyhead Mattress – How is its performance?
Performance-wise, this mattress should get a 7 or 7.5 out of 10. Here are the reasons.
The Sleepyhead Original mattress is excellent because you do not experience any inconvenience, even if your partner is a restless sleeper who tosses from one side to the other. The spring mattress would have magnified the problem and caused maximum discomfort. But this Sleepyhead Original Orthopedic memory foam mattress is perfect because it absorbs everything beautifully. Therefore, this mattress is excellent if you are a lone sleeper. However, we advise you to sleep at the center for the memory foam to adjust the best.
One of the Sleepyhead Original mattress’s positive aspects is its Edge Support. It is good and firm, making it easy for anyone to sit at the edges comfortably. So, this bed is suitable for sitting and working, especially if you sit at its edges. However, the center of this mattress is soft and sinks. So, it is not very comfortable for working or eating when sitting in your bed’s center.
When purchasing a memory foam bed, everyone should check out its temperature retention level. Usually, memory foam beds tend to become hot as they absorb body heat. In addition, there are no cooling pads or gels to provide comfort and relief. So, you have to be prepared to face the heat. Switching on the AC can reduce the problem, but it would not always be possible for everyone to keep their ACs on continuously.
Memory foam bed manufacturers use various chemicals in their manufacturing process. These chemicals can get trapped in the foam when they pack the mattress. So, on opening the package, the Sleepyhead Original mattress releases a pungent smell. Thankfully, it is not permanent because the smell subsides within a day. So, we advise people to keep the bed exposed to air for a couple of days before using it. After that, the smell should not be a problem.
The Sleepyhead Original is durable, as evident in the 10-year warranty offered by the manufacturers. However, they can do with some improvements, like offering darker colors because today’s white cover tends to become soiled quickly. Though washable, frequent soiling and washing can affect the mattress’s durability. The 100-day trial offer is good because it allows people sufficient time to get used to the bed.
Sleepyhead Original – Whom does it suit the best?
This mattress is good from the motion isolation viewpoint. The Queen-sized bed is ideal for couples. However, much depends on the sleeper’s body weight, type, and sleeping position. Let us discuss who benefits the most from the Sleepyhead Original mattress.
The advantage of memory foam is that the sleeping position does not matter much. So, people who love sleeping on their sides, backs, or stomachs can find this mattress comfortable. The memory foam adjusts to the sleeper’s body contours perfectly and makes it comfortable. However, the side sleepers benefit the most. Secondly, the choice of pillow is crucial. Otherwise, you can end up waking with a sprained neck.
This mattress is firm enough for people who sleep on their backs or stomachs. So, we can conclude that the Sleepyhead Original mattress is suitable for all sleepers.
Body Type and weight
The Queen-sized bed should be ideal for the Indian consumer, especially length-wise. But, one has to be careful if they weigh more than 100 kilos. They might not find this bed supportive enough. Also, they might require a deeper foam as the bed sinks because of the weight. But, this mattress should be perfect for an average Indian weighing under 90 to 95 kgs.
Sleepyhead Original – How much does it cost?
This Queen-sized Sleepyhead Original mattress is available on Amazon at below Rs 10K after adjusting for the discounts. However, consumers should check the pricing and deals before purchasing them online.
Sleepyhead Original – Trial offer and warranty
Sleepyhead offers a 100-nights trial offer during which consumers can return the mattress if they are not satisfied with it. While it seems a reasonable offer, some consumers have reported difficulties when returning it.
The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty.
Sleepyhead Original – Who will love the mattress?
- Almost everyone will love this mattress’s soft and comfortable feel. In addition, the durability is a huge plus.
- People who love a bouncy and responsive bed will relish using this mattress.
- Side-sleepers benefit the most from using the Sleepyhead Original mattress.
Sleepyhead Original – Who will not love the mattress?
- People with chronic backache will not prefer this mattress. A firmer one should suit them.
- Heavy people weighing more than 100 kg should go for thicker mattresses.
Sleepyhead Original – How does it compare with other Sleepyhead products?
Sleepyhead offers different kinds of mattresses as follows.
- BodyIQ Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress – discussed above
- Sense Mattress – Besides offering 3-zoned orthopedic support and zero-disturbance sleep, the Sense Mattress features cooling technology.
- Laxe Mattress – This mattress features a breathable natural latex layer, offers resilient multilayered support, and ensures uniform pressure distribution.
- Flip Mattress – The advantage of this mattress is that it offers dual-sided comfort. So, it has a soft side for regular users and a firmer side for people suffering from back pain.
Sleepyhead Original – Frequently Asked Questions
BodyIQ technology ensures that the memory foam adjusts its shape according to the user’s body contours and provides maximum comfort and support.
An average 6-inch thick mattress has a bottom layer of high-density support of 3.5 inches, a middle layer of memory foam of 1.5 inches, and a top layer of super soft foam of 1 inch.
The company vacuum-packs the mattress into a compact cardboard carton. Users should unbox and keep it aside so the bed inflates automatically. However, users should note that it is impossible to repack it as delivered.
Yes. Sleepyhead provides a waterproof cover. Users can remove and wash it. However, they should ensure to maintain it properly for extended utility.
The top layer of Super soft foam reduces heat absorption to provide better comfort. This layer makes the Sleepyhead Original mattress better than products having the memory foam layer at the top.
This Sleepyhead Original mattress is not designed for dual-side use. You cannot flip it over.
The Sleepyhead Original mattress does not contain toxic chemicals like benzene, naphthalene, or formaldehyde.
The mattress package does not include pillows. Users must purchase them separately.
The Sleepyhead original mattress is not for bedridden patients. They require a firmer mattress. So, a rubberized coir mattress is advisable.
The provision of the top layer of Super soft foam makes the Sleepyhead Original mattress different from other mattresses in its niche.