Are you looking for the best semi automatic washing machine for your home. If Yes, then you are at the right place.
Washing clothes is no longer a chore as you have washing machines in every home.
However, the semi-automatic washing machines are still a favourite with people leaving in the semi-urban and rural areas.
Table of Contents
- Best semi automatic washing machines in India
- Semi Automatic washing machine – Buying Guide
Best semi automatic washing machines in India
You have some of the top washing machine manufacturers like LG, Whirlpool, Onida, and Electrolux manufacturing these machines. Let us look at the salient features of one machine from each of these brands.
LG has a presence in almost all the sectors. Their products are extremely popular all over India. The LG machines are available in different capacities ranging from 6.2 kg to 8.0 kg thereby catering to all family sizes. Almost all the machines have these features.
1Rats can cause a lot of damage in case they are able to get into the machine from below. The LG machines come with a special Rat Away Technology that envisages the use of a special plastic cover with rat repellent chemicals. This discourages the rats from entering the machine thereby improving the life of the machine.2You have certain innovative features like Roller Jet Pulsator that helps in taking care of dust and mites. 3The Punch + 3 feature works in a unique manner to remove the toughest dirt particles from your clothes. 4These machines come with strong plastic bodies that resist corrosion and rust. 5You have different kinds of wash programs available in these machines that make it compete with the fully automatic machines in many ways.
Whirlpool manufactures one of the most compact models of semi-automatic washing machines. This Company has a strong presence in the fully automatic sector. Have a look at some of the unique features of these semi-automatic machines.
1The Smart Scrub Station is a perforated table-like portion over the wash tub that allows you to scrub your clothes before washing them. The special design model is such that you need not have to bend while doing so. The water automatically drains into the wash tub.1This machine comes with a waterproof panel that prevents seepage of water. 2You have a larger tub in these machines. The higher capacity can hold up to 66 litres of water. 3The machine comes with a high-efficiency motor that is powerful enough to roll clothes in all directions. 4The multi-utility tray helps you to sort and carry clothes. This tray has a special vent that allows water to flow back into the wash tub. 5This machine has an impeller that provides perfect motion for removal of dirt.
Onida is one of the trusted brands, especially in the semi-automatic washing machine category. You have them in different capacities ranging from 5.8 kg to 8 kg. Let us look at the characteristics of this washing machine.
1This is one of the most popular machines in this segment. With a revolving speed of 1450 rpm, this machine ensures a lower drying time.2You have 2 wash programs with this machine enabling you to wash a variety of fabrics. 3The machines come in different capacities. This makes it easy for smaller families to buy the machines with lower capacity. 4These products come with active time soaker and can work with water pressure less than 0.09.
Electrolux is also an efficient washing machine. This company manufactures machines in all sectors, but the semi-automatic machines are more popular because of the user-friendly operations.
Electrolux ES73GLDG – Check price at Amazon
1These machines come with 2 wash programs that are very easy to operate.2The soak program enables you to soak clothes thereby helping you to remove stubborn dirt. 3The 3-level water indicator is an informative feature as it indicates the minimum water requirement for the load. 4This machine has a very efficient spin shower that rotates at high speed thereby drying clothes quickly. 5The rust-free plastic body is an advantage in many ways. 6The chrome knobs add to the beauty of the machine. You have the buzzer feature that indicates the completion of the job.
Semi Automatic washing machine – Buying Guide
Is there any difference at all between the two types?
Apart from one basic difference, you would not find any in the aspects of washing, cleaning, and drying clothes. The fully automatic machines envisage the washing and drying of clothes in the same container whereas you have to transfer clothes from one container to another when you use a semi-automatic machine. Other than this basic difference, there isn’t any.
Semi-automatic washing machines – Merits
In spite of the fact that these machines are gradually giving way to the fully-automatic ones, there are various merits. We shall look at them in brief.
- These semi-automatic machines are inexpensive when compared to their fully automatic counterparts.
- These machines consume less water. In fact, you decide how much water to use and not the machine. There is no need for a constant supply of water for these machines.
- Smaller towns have more power cuts. These machines are useful in the sense that you can stop them and start them whenever you wish.
- You can add clothes at any time during the cycle. It is also possible to use the wash and spin cycle simultaneously.
Semi-automatic washing machines – Demerits
Naturally, you have some demerits as well. It is better for homemakers to be aware of the same before they venture to purchase their washing machines. This enables them to take an informed decision.
- The semi-automatic machines consume a lot of your time in transferring clothes from the wash tub to the spinning tub. In the fully automatic machines, you can load the clothes once and let the machine do the rest.
- You have the facility to control the usage of water, but you do need to maintain a certain minimum level irrespective of the number of clothes you wash. This is not the case with the fully automatic ones as you have certain machines consume less water in case you have fewer clothes to wash.
- It is not advisable to wash delicate items like expensive saris in the semi-automatic machines. This is because the agitator and impeller can tangle your clothes.
- You need to switch off the electric power when you transfer clothes from the wash tub to the spin tub. This is required to prevent unnecessary electric shocks.
Semi-automatic washing machines – FAQ
The semi-automatic machines are gradually phasing out of India as well. However, you do have some efficient machines as listed above. There are people in smaller cities that prefer to use these machines.
These machines are the best for first-time users as it makes a switch from the manual washing to machine washing. Once you get used to these machines, you can always graduate to the fully automatic ones.
If you have any queries regarding the selection of the best semi automatic washing machine, post them in the comments section below and I’ll try to answer them.
- 9 Best Washing Machines in India 2018 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- 10 Best Front Load Washing Machines in India 2018 (Fully Automatic)
- Inverter Technology in Washing Machines – Explained!
- Front Load vs Top Load Washing Machines – Which is the better one?
- Best Washing Powder in India For Washing Machines!