Are you looking for the best semi automatic washing machine for your home. If Yes, then you are at the right place.
Washing clothes is no longer a chore as you have washing machines in every home.
However, the semi-automatic washing machines are still a favourite with people leaving in the semi-urban and rural areas.
Table of Contents
- Best semi automatic washing machines in India
- 1. LG 7.5 Kg Semi-Automatic top-loading washing machine – P8541R3SA
- 2. Samsung 7.2 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – WT725QPNDMP
- 3. Whirlpool 7 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – Ace 7.0 Supreme Plus
- 4. LG 7.0 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – P8053R3SA
- 5. LG 6.5 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – P7550R3FA
- 6. Samsung 6.5 Kg Semi-automatic top-loading washing machine – WT657QPNDPGXTL
- 7. Whirlpool 6.2 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – Superb Atom 621
- Semi Automatic washing machine – Buying Guide
Best semi automatic washing machines in India
1. LG 7.5 Kg Semi-Automatic top-loading washing machine – P8541R3SA
LG produces some of the best fully automatic washing machines in India. They also cater to the semi-automatic segment by providing excellent features in their products. The most significant advantage of this washing machine is that it does not require any installation.
Even though this machine is a semi-automatic one, it comes with exciting features such as three different wash programmes to provide a safe and customised wash depending on the type of fabric you use.
The machine comes with a 3mm plastic cover coated with rat repellent to keep these rodents away from your appliances.
2. Samsung 7.2 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – WT725QPNDMP
Samsung is the ideal competitor to LG. If you have an LG brand, the Samsung counterpart is not very far away. This semi-automatic washing machine comes with excellent features.
The highlight of this Samsung washing machine is the convenience of movement. The innovative design makes it comfortable to move the machine from one place to another.
This machine comes with a sleek design and a violet colour upgrade facility. The anti-corrosive plastic body enhances its durability. The presence of the buzzer indicates you after the wash cycle. It comes with ergonomic handles to enable free movement of the machine.
3. Whirlpool 7 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – Ace 7.0 Supreme Plus
Whirlpool is one of the best when it comes to semi-automatic washing machines. They are not only economical but also save energy and time by reducing your manual effort.
Whirlpool always serves some magic or the other. You have the sixth-sense technology in the top-loading fully automatic machines. Similarly, the semi-automatic machines come with Ace Wash Station. This large-sized tray allows you to stack and carry your clothes along with the device.
The multi-utility tray has special vents to allow excess water to flow back into the machine. The inbuilt scrubber helps in delivering the perfect wash every time.
4. LG 7.0 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – P8053R3SA
This LG washing machine is not only a powerful one but also has attractive looks. It consumes less energy thereby proving to be a power-efficient one.
LG ensures to take care of your clothes by providing the best facilities on all its washing machine products. This semi-automatic machine comes with three different wash cycle functions to cater to all types of clothes.
Moving the washing machine is easy because of the innovative 360-degree wheels. The device comes with a 3mm plastic cover with rat repellent to keep rats away from your appliance. The excellent after-sales services provided by LG make it the most trusted brand in India.
5. LG 6.5 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – P7550R3FA
The advantage of LG semi-automatic washing machines is that you can open the package and start using it immediately. There is no need for any installation from an expert professional.
True to its motto, LG strives to make life good for the Indian homemaker. This washing machine comes with three wash programmes such as gentle, normal, and strong to cater to different kinds of clothes and stains.
It also has excellent features like collar scrubber to save time as you can scrub your collars and cuffs before placing your shirts inside the machine. The lint collector is a welcome addition as it removes lint and fibres that stick to your clothes and give an uncharacteristic appearance.
6. Samsung 6.5 Kg Semi-automatic top-loading washing machine – WT657QPNDPGXTL
Samsung washing machines come with unique features such as Storm dual jet system to vary the flow of water. Such specific features let Samsung provide healthy competition to its peers, especially LG.
The most significant feature of the Samsung washing machine is the Double Storm pulsator technology. This feature produces a variable and powerful water wave effect during the wash cycle to avoid unnecessary entanglements of your clothes.
As the clothes remain tangle-free, there is less wear and tear. Apart from this, your clothes get a tremendous cleaning experience.
This machine comes with a unique soaking facility whereby you do not have to use separate buckets and containers for soaking your clothes.
The EZ Wash tray makes it convenient because you can scrub your shirt collars and cuffs to remove the stubborn dirt. The Air Dry Turbo functionality speeds up the drying process as it extracts more water from your clothes.
7. Whirlpool 6.2 Kg Semi-Automatic Top-loading washing machine – Superb Atom 621
Whirlpool washing machines come with large drums, the largest in the segment. This machine is a tall one that proves a boon for people having problems with their back.
Whirlpool washing machines come with one unique feature or the other. This semi-automatic washing machine comes with a hassle-free comfortable scrub station that allows you to scrub your shirt collars and cuffs to remove the stubborn dirt. Thus, you end up quickening the process thereby saving energy.
The advantage is that this machine is a tall one so that you do not have to bend your back while scrubbing your clothes.
The machine comes with a built-in memory whereby it remembers the precise point in the wash or spin cycle during a power outage. It enables the device to restart from precisely the same point thereby saving time and energy.
Semi Automatic washing machine – Buying Guide
Is there any difference at all between the two types?
Apart from one basic difference, you would not find any in the aspects of washing, cleaning, and drying clothes. The fully automatic machines envisage the washing and drying of clothes in the same container whereas you have to transfer clothes from one container to another when you use a semi-automatic machine. Other than this basic difference, there isn’t any.
Semi-automatic washing machines – Merits
In spite of the fact that these machines are gradually giving way to the fully-automatic ones, there are various merits. We shall look at them in brief.
- These semi-automatic machines are inexpensive when compared to their fully automatic counterparts.
- These machines consume less water. In fact, you decide how much water to use and not the machine. There is no need for a constant supply of water for these machines.
- Smaller towns have more power cuts. These machines are useful in the sense that you can stop them and start them whenever you wish.
- You can add clothes at any time during the cycle. It is also possible to use the wash and spin cycle simultaneously.
Semi-automatic washing machines – Demerits
Naturally, you have some demerits as well. It is better for homemakers to be aware of the same before they venture to purchase their washing machines. This enables them to take an informed decision.
- The semi-automatic machines consume a lot of your time in transferring clothes from the wash tub to the spinning tub. In the fully automatic machines, you can load the clothes once and let the machine do the rest.
- You have the facility to control the usage of water, but you do need to maintain a certain minimum level irrespective of the number of clothes you wash. This is not the case with the fully automatic ones as you have certain machines consume less water in case you have fewer clothes to wash.
- It is not advisable to wash delicate items like expensive saris in the semi-automatic machines. This is because the agitator and impeller can tangle your clothes.
- You need to switch off the electric power when you transfer clothes from the wash tub to the spin tub. This is required to prevent unnecessary electric shocks.
Semi-automatic washing machines – FAQ
The semi-automatic machines are gradually phasing out of India as well. However, you do have some efficient machines as listed above. There are people in smaller cities that prefer to use these machines.
These machines are the best for first-time users as it makes a switch from the manual washing to machine washing. Once you get used to these machines, you can always graduate to the fully automatic ones.
If you have any queries regarding the selection of the best semi automatic washing machine, post them in the comments section below and I’ll try to answer them.
- 9 Best Washing Machines in India (2019) – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- 10 Best Front Load Washing Machines in India 2019 (Fully Automatic)
- Washing Machine Powder vs Liquid detergent | Which is better?
- Best Liquid Detergent for Washing machines | Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Best Top Load Washing Machines in India 2019 (Fully Automatic)
Shiva Kumar is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious!