Washing machines are getting better by the day, with features like self-diagnosis that enable users to correct minor errors without seeking professional help. In addition, Samsung washing machines display error codes whenever the machine encounters an issue. Generally, the error codes on top and front-loading machines are the same. So, this article should be useful for both users.
1. New Code – 1E |Old Code – E7
Reason – The 1E code denotes a water sensor issue.
Solution – Water sensor issues can be serious and require professional assistance. However, you can try the following steps before calling the service technician.
- Switch off the washing machine and remove the plug from the main supply.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Connect the machine and switch it on.
- Start a new programme. The machine should start functioning.
If the problem persists, you have to book a service call.
2. New Code – 3E, 3E1, 3E2, 3E3, 3E4 | Old Code – EA, EB
Reason – All these error codes indicate a motor defect. These are serious errors requiring professional help.
Solution – The Samsung engineer is the right person to solve this issue. Nevertheless, you can try the following steps to restart the machine.
- Please switch off the washing machine and unplug it from the mains.
- Please wait for 30 minutes before restarting it.
- Start a new programme.
If the machine does not start and repeats the error, you should seek professional assistance.
3. New Code – E4 | Old Code – E1
Reason – The E4 error indicates a water supply error. The appliance does not detect the input water supply.
Solution – The lack of water pressure can also trigger the E4 error. The following steps should help resolve the issue.
- Check your water supply. If there is no supply or the pressure is insufficient, the machine will not receive water. Turn on the water supply, and the machine should start functioning again.
- If the inlet pipes are kinked, it can affect the water supply. The solution is to straighten the kinks out.
- The inlet filters can get choked with salt or other debris. However, you can remove the inlet hoses and clean the filters. That should resolve the problem.
If all the above measures fail, you have to seek professional help. Book a service call with the Samsung technician.
4. New Code – 4E1, 4E2 | Old Code – 4Ed
Reason – The 4E1 and 4E2 code indicates a water temperature issue. Your machine might be connected to a hot water supply.
The following steps should rectify the error and ensure that the machines start functioning again.
- Check whether your washing machine is connected to a cold or hot water supply. Usually, the cold water taps are indicated with blue colour.
- Change it to a cold water inlet supply if the machine is erroneously connected to a hot water tap. Then, the machine should start functioning.
If the above-listed steps do not resolve the problem, it requires professional attention. First, call your Samsung washing machine technician to look into the problem.
5. New Code – 5E/SE | Old Code – E2
Reason – The 5E error is a water drainage error indicating that the water is not draining out from the machine.
Solution – The incorrect installation of the drainpipe can trigger this 5E error. Similarly, a clogged or a kinked drainpipe can cause the machine to display the 5E error code. This solution should help resolve the problem.
- Check the backside of the washing machine for kinks in the drainpipe. Straighten them out, and the problem should be solved.
- If the drainpipe is clogged with debris, like lint, fibre, coins, etc., it can prevent the free flow of water. Clean the debris to resolve the issue.
- If the drainage pipe is not installed properly, you can refer to the installation manual and correct the issue.
- On rectifying these errors, you can select a Spin cycle to drain the water from the appliance.
If the problem persists, you have to book a service call and summon the Samsung service personnel. Then, you can speak to the Samsung Customer Support center to book your service call.
6. New Code – 6E | Old Code –
Reason – The 6E error codes indicate that the water heater is not functioning properly.
Solution – It is a serious error that requires professional handling. You should call Samsung Customer Support Team and book a service call. Meanwhile, you should switch off the machine and remove it from the mains.
7. Code – 8E
Reason – The 8E error code indicates an excess power supply to the machine. There could be an issue with the main circuit board.
Solution – Excess power supply to the machine can damage its parts. The following steps can help to set right the issue.
- Switch off your washing machine and remove the plug from the main supply.
- Please wait for 30 seconds before reconnecting the machine and switching it on.
- Start a new programme. The machine should start functioning properly.
- If the error persists, check the fuse, and call the local electrician to investigate.
- If the power supply is regular, you should seek professional help and call the Samsung service technician. First, however, you should switch off the machine and disconnect it from the main supply.
8. New Code – 9E1, 9E2 | Old Code – PH1, Plo
Reason – The 9E1 or 9E2 error code is a power supply error. It indicates that the machine does not receive power. For example, there could be an issue with the main circuit board.
Solution – The solution lies in seeking professional help. The main circuit board might require a replacement. You can call Samsung Customer Support Team and report the problem. The Samsung technician is the ideal person to handle the issue. Meanwhile, you should disconnect the machine from the main supply.
9. New Code – AE | Old Code – 13E
Reason – A signal communication error between the main PCB and the sub PCB can trigger the AE error code.
Solution – While the problem is serious and requires professional help, you can try out the following firefighting measures to resolve it.
- Switch off the washing machine and disconnect from the main supply.
- Please wait for 30 seconds before reconnecting it and switching it on.
- Start a new wash cycle. The machine can restart.
If it does not, you seek professional assistance and book a service call with the Samsung technician.
10. New Code – bE | Old Code
Reason – A short circuit can cause a motor issue and trigger the bE Error Code.
Solution – You need to call the Samsung technician to resolve the issue. However, you can try switching off the machine for around 30 seconds and restarting it. If the issue is not resolved, the Samsung engineer is the ideal person to deal with it.
11. New Code – bE1 | Old Code – 12E
Reason – The power button could get stuck and cause the bE1 error. If you keep pressing the Power button for too long, it could get stuck and cause the bE1 error.
Solution – Release the power button to solve the problem. The following steps can help.
- If the power button gets stuck, you have to clean it.
- Switch off the Samsung washing machine and remove the plug from the mains.
- Take a dampened cloth and clean the buttons gently to release it.
- Reconnect the machine and restart it. There should not be any problem.
12. New Code – B2/bE2 |Old Code – 14E
Reason – Holding on to any control button for too long can jam the controls and cause the bE2 error.
Solution – The following steps should resolve the issue.
- Check whether the buttons have stuck to each other.
- Disconnect the Samsung washing machine from the mains supply and clean the buttons using a slightly dampened cloth.
- Switch on the machine and restart it. The error code should vanish.
If the problem persists, you have to call the Samsung professional to handle the issue.
13. New Code – bE3 | Old Code – 18E
Reason – If any control buttons become defective, the Samsung washing machine displays the bE3 error.
Solution – You cannot resolve the issue by yourself. The solution lies in replacing the defective button/s. The Samsung professional is the ideal person to handle the issue. You have to book a service call with the Samsung Customer Support Team.
14. New Code – CE | Old Code – E8
Reason – The CE error code indicates a water cool-down issue. You might have connected the machine to the hot water supply tap.
Solution – Check whether you have connected the inlet pipes correctly to the cold water supply tap. Generally, the cold water taps at home are indicated by a blue-colored lining. However, if the problem recurs, you should seek expert guidance from a Samsung professional.
15. New Code – dE, dE1 | Old Code – Ed
Reason – The dE error code is a door-locking issue. The Samsung washing shows the dE or dE1 error if the door does not close properly.
Solution – The solution is to close the washing machine door properly. The following steps can help solve the problem.
- Check there is nothing trapped between the door and the wash drum.
- Check whether the washing machine is not overloaded.
- Remove some clothes and close the door properly. It should get locked.
If the problem persists, there could be hinge breakage or damage to the door. You need to call the Samsung technician to resolve the issue.
16. New Code – dE
Reason – The dE2 error is an on/off switch error. Operating the on/off button continuously can cause this error.
Solution – The solution is to reset the washing machine. The following steps could help resolve the problem.
- Disconnect the machine from the mains supply.
- Allow the machine to rest for five minutes.
- Reconnect the appliance and try to restart it. Then, the machine should start functioning properly.
If it does not, you have to call the Samsung Customer Support Team and book a service call.
17. New Code – FE | Old Code – FE
Reason – The FE error signifies a Fan Error. The fan stops working, and the machine can get overheated.
Solution – Repairing or replacing the fan is the only solution. However, you need professional assistance in this matter.
18. New Code H1, HE
Reason – The error code H1 or HE indicates a water temperature issue.
Solution – This problem requires specialized handling by a professional. You have to call the Samsung technician to solve the issue.
19. New Code – HE1 | Old Code – E5
Reason – When the water heater does not function, the Samsung washing machine displays an HE1 error code.
Solution – You cannot resolve the problem at home. It requires handling by Samsung specialists. Therefore, you should call Samsung Customer Support Team and report the matter.
20. New Code – HE2 | Old Code – HE2
Reason – The HE2 error code indicates an issue with the dryer heater.
Solution – The Samsung professional is the right person to deal with this issue. You have to book a service call and wait for the technician to arrive and repair the machine.
21. New Code – HE3
Reason – The malfunctioning of the steam function triggers the HE3 error code.
Solution – It is a serious issue that requires you to summon the Samsung service personnel. You should switch off the machine and wait for the Samsung engineer to arrive and attend to the problem.
Reason – The code HOT is strictly not an error code as the machine can function even when it displays this message. It indicates that the machine has become hot.
Solution – The appliance’s fan will keep running until the machine becomes cool enough for you to remove the clothes. In addition, the door will not unlock until the temperature reaches 55 degrees Celsius. This mechanism prevents the heater system from malfunctioning.
23. New Code – LE, LE1 | Old Code – E9, 11E
Reason – A low water level or a water leak can cause the LE error.
Solution – The Samsung machine displays this error when detecting low water levels during the washing cycle. The following steps can help solve this problem.
- Check that the drainpipe level is lower than the washing machine. It helps the water to drain naturally.
- You can also check for water leaks. If there is leakage, you need to replace the hoses.
- If there is no leakage, you can switch off the main power supply and disconnect the machine.
- Wait for two minutes and reconnect the appliance to the mains supply. Then, start the cycle, and the machine should start functioning.
If it does not operate, you have to book a service call and summon the Samsung professional to look into the matter.
24. New Code – OE, OF | Old Code – E3
Reason – The OE or the OF error code displays an overflow error. There could be excess soap powder or liquid, causing the machine to use more water and overflow.
Solution – The solution is to drain the water and restart the machine. The following steps can come in handy.
- Switch the Samsung washing machine off and wait for 30 seconds.
- Switch on the power supply.
- Operate the machine’s drain pump to drain the water.
It should solve the OE error. However, if the problem persists, call the Samsung service engineer to investigate the matter.
25. Code – t1, ee2/t2, tSt
Reason – The tSt error code indicates that the appliance works in test mode.
Solution – The following steps should resolve the issue.
- Please switch off the error and disconnect it from the mains.
- Wait for 30 seconds and switch on the appliance.
- Start a new programme. The machine should start functioning.
If the problem does not get resolved, call the Samsung engineer.
26. Code – SUD/5UD
Reason – The Samsung machine displays the SUD code when it detects too much foam in the washing drum.
Solution – The SUD error is not a fault because it can resolve this problem independently. Suppose the problem does not get resolved.
- Generally, the machine resolves the SUD issue by enhancing the washing times.
- Alternatively, you can run the Eco Drum Clean cycle (in specific models) or the 90 degrees Celsius Cotton cycle without detergent.
- The best solution is to reduce the detergent quantity and use it as recommended by the manufacturer.
27. New Code – tE, tE1, tE2, tE3 | Old Code – EC
Reason – The tE Error code indicates a temperature sensor issue.
Solution – Such issues need professional handling. First, you have to call the Samsung service engineer to resolve this problem. Meanwhile, you can try this solution.
- Please switch off the Samsung washing and disconnect it from the main supply.
- Wait for 30 seconds before restarting the machine.
- Switch on the appliance and start a new programme.
If it does not resolve the problem, wait for the engineer to rectify it.
28. Code – UC
Reason – Excessive fluctuation in the supply voltage causes the UC error code.
Solution – Check the voltage supply and ensure that it is balanced. Then, call the Samsung engineer to set the matter right if the problem persists. Meanwhile, the following steps can help.
- Switch off the Samsung machine and wait for 30 seconds.
- Restart the machine and start a new programme. Then, the appliance should start functioning.
29. New Code – UE | Old Code – E4
Reason – The UE code signifies an unbalanced load in the wash drum.
Significance – The UE code is not an error code but indicates that the wash drum load needs balancing. The UE code stops the spin for safety reasons. The following steps can help resolve this problem.
- Redistribute the load by removing or adding clothes accordingly.
- If you have heavy loads like bedsheets or bath towels, you can balance them by adding lighter clothes and another spin cycle.
Now that you know the Samsung washing machine error codes, you can resolve the issues on your own at home. However, it is better to contact the Samsung service engineers if they remain unresolved.