Our Verdict: Preethi Blue Leaf Platinum Mixer Grinder is a decent kitchen appliance that serves multiple purposes. If you wish to purchase a mixer grinder with a juicer arrangement, the Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder is a good choice.
Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder is a multi-purpose grinder with a juicer attachment. So it qualifies as one of the handiest kitchen appliances that can cater to multiple jobs efficiently. The machine has a sturdy look and a robust 750W motor to perform well.
Preethi Blue Leaf Platinum MG 139
The machine can be noisy, mainly when functioning at full speed. Preethi is predominantly a South Indian company product. So, the company needs adequate service centers in India’s northern and eastern parts. Otherwise, this appliance suits all kitchen grinding and juicing requirements.
- Multi-purpose appliance with juicer attachment
- Stainless steel grinding jars with polycarbonate lids
- Powerful 750W motor
- Decent performance
- Grind-n-Store is a good feature.
- Good for juicing citrus and other soft fruits
- Adequate safety measures
- Elegant shape
- Comparatively expensive to other competitor products
- After-sales service issues in northern and eastern India
- Noise levels are slightly high when running at full speed
- Slightly heavy compared to other mixer grinders
What is in the Box?
Here is what you get on opening the package.
- A robust motor encased in a sturdy ABS plastic body
- Four jars comprising a) 1.7L wet grinding jar, b) 1.2L dry grinding jar, c) 1.5L juice extraction jar, and d) 0.4L chutney jar (Grind-n-Store)
How do we test?
We have bought the Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder and tested it under actual Indian kitchen conditions.
We have tried wet grinding idli and dosa batter with success. The dry grinding process has also been tested for its efficiency. We tried grinding turmeric and other masalas and found the machine suitable for our kitchen needs.
The chutney jar is small compared to some competitor products. But, the Grind-n-Store option allows you to store the chutneys immediately after preparing them by inverting the jar. Thus, it avoids spillage. We tried extracting juice from citrus and other soft fruits. The performance was satisfactory. We also tried preparing milkshakes and lassis using the juicer.
Cleaning the jars was not an issue because we ran the appliance with water and a drop of dishwashing liquid to remove the residue easily.
Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder – Motor
The Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder has a powerful 750W dual fan motor. It ensures that the engine does not get hot quickly. But the noise levels, primarily when functioning at full speed, were around 95 dB to 98 dB. So if you are okay with using a noisy appliance, this mixer grinder is a good choice.
The Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder motor can achieve a top speed of 18,000 rpm. It is comparatively less than established models like Sujata Dynamix. But the rate should be sufficient to deliver a decent grinding performance.
The copper winding is advantageous as it makes the motor more efficient than the engines with aluminum winding. In addition, the coupler is sturdy and has a gap allowing liquid spills to flow comfortably. But it can pose problems when cleaning the machine.
All Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinders feature a standard motor housing design in a tear-drop shape. Though the body looks odd, it provides the right balance. The power-on indicator and 3-speed controls are standard features in almost all mixer grinders. In addition, this appliance features a pulse option handy for preparing milkshakes and crushing ice cubes.
Though the motor is noisy, it delivers a good performance. It can run for 30 minutes at a stretch. But we recommend running the engine for five minutes and allowing it to cool for two minutes before restarting the machine. It lengthens the motor’s lifespan.
Read: Best Mixer Grinder in India
Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder Performance
The Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder offers four jars for your grinding and juicing activities.
- The 0.4L chutney jar is the smallest jar available with this model. It has stainless steel interiors with exteriors made of ABS plastic. That adds to the jar’s sturdiness and appearance. The highlight is the Grind-n-Store option in the form of a plastic lid-cum-jar that allows you to collect the chutney after grinding without any spillage.
- The 1.2L dry grinding jar is comparatively larger than other contemporary models. This stainless steel has a thickness of 0.8mm, whereas the blades are 1.2mm thick. This jar is perfect for dry grinding masalas and other powders. The performance was excellent, especially as we tried grinding challenging items like turmeric, dry masalas, and red chili. This jar features a polycarbonate lid.
- The 1.7L wet grinding jar is a suitable attachment with a flow-breaker feature to enable you to grind idli batter comfortably. This jar has a thickness of 0.8mm of stainless steel and a polycarbonate cover. Preethi provides an additional chopping blade that can be used for chopping onions, slicing vegetables, and mincing meat.
- The chutney jar has blades with zig-zag edges, and the multi-purpose grinding jar offers a 4-prong blade.
- The jars are fitted to the base using screws from inside them. Therefore, food particles can collect in the gaps and prove challenging to clean. Secondly, the covers have bulging heads, making them prone to becoming loose with constant usage. However, you can replace the gaskets if they get worn out.
- The juicer jar attachment is an additional feature that has little utility. You can extract juice from citrus fruits, apples, pomegranates, papayas, and other soft fruits. The filter arrangement prevents the pulp and seeds from mixing with the liquid. But, the seeds, especially citrus fruits, get crushed and makes the juice bitter. This jar has better utility for preparing milkshakes and lassis.
The wet grinding performance is good, whereas the dry grinding could be better. It leaves some coarse residue.
The juicing attachment is not very useful because it is unsuitable for extracting coconut milk. Besides, cleaning the sieve and the jars is challenging. The 1.7L wet grinder is large enough to prepare idli batter for a medium-sized Indian family.
The machine has a significant drawback because the motor makes noise exceeding 85 dB. We tested the noise levels and found them to reach a maximum of 98 dB at full speed. That can be noisy.
Cleaning this mixer grinder is comfortable. The jars are dishwasher-safe. But we do not recommend using this option because the polycarbonate lids can crack. Besides, the dirty water can collect on the bottom portion of the jars because you must invert them when placed into the machine.
The best option is to clean the jars under the kitchen tap. We suggest adding water and a few drops of soap and running the machine for half a minute. It helps remove food debris, making washing in the kitchen sink convenient.
However, we recommend wiping the jars dry using a cloth towel to prevent water droplets from collecting inside the jars. In addition, it can prolong the appliance’s life by preventing rust formation.
You can use a damp towel to clean the ABS plastic body. However, the coupler has a gap that allows excess water to flow out. So, it becomes essential to clean the gaps properly.
It would be best to be careful when using abrasive cleaners because the polycarbonate lids and the stainless steel jars are prone to scratches.
Durability and Safety Features
The ABS plastic body is durable and protects the motor from exposure to external elements. In addition, the machine has vacuum suction feet enabling it to grip the kitchen counter comfortably. However, the device can wobble slightly, mainly when running at full load and speed. Therefore, we recommend reducing the load and keeping it manageable.
The Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder features an overload protection button that stops the machine if it senses overloading. You can reduce the ingredients and reset the switch.
The machine has air vents at the bottom to allow free air dissipation. As a result, the dual-fan motor does not get hot quickly. But the ventilation facilities are good.
The Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder has a short lead cord, making it slightly inconvenient to use. In addition, the wire ends with a 6A plug. It would be better if the machine had a 3-pin plug with a 15A capacity.
Warranty and After-sales services
Preethi offers a 2-year manufacturer warranty on the product. The motor gets a 5-year warranty. Preethi is a south India-based company. Hence, it does not have a decent presence in the northern parts of the country. But local service personnel can attend to minor repairs comfortably. However, replacing spare parts can be an issue in the northern and eastern states of India.
Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder – Specifications
Here are the Preethi Blue Leaf Mixer Grinder specifications.
- Dual fan 750W motor with a maximum speed of 18,000 rpm
- Robust and durable ABS plastic body
- 6 Kg weight
- 3-speed controls plus a pulse option
- High-quality tapered SS jar
- Vacuum suction feet
- Overload protection
- 6-amp plug top and earthing
Other Comparable Models
Preethi offers a range of alternative models to the Blue Leaf Platinum mixer grinder.
- The Preethi Blue Leaf Silver model should be acceptable if you do not want the juicer. But it has a 600W motor and four jars.
- The Preethi Blue Leaf 110V mixer grinder with a 550W motor is also a good option.
- Preethi Zodiac 2.0 MG 255, Preethi Taurus Star MG 260, and Preethi Taurus Pro MG 256 are comparable models.
Other brands include Atomberg MG 1 and Usha FP3811 Food Processor with a 1100W motor. In addition, Amazon Basics offers comparable mixer grinder models with a 750W motor.