People need not worry about rising LPG prices anymore because they have exciting alternatives available in induction cookers, microwave ovens, and Oven toaster grills.
However, these appliances use electricity. If you wish to know how much power your OTG consumes, our OTG power consumption calculator can do the hard work for you.
How to use the OTG Power Consumption Calculator
Using our OTG Power Consumption Calculator is like eating a piece of cake.
- The rated power of the OTG – This information is available on the specification sheet of your product.
- The usage – You can enter your usage in minutes or hours, depending on your individual patterns.
- The electricity tariff – It can vary from one place to another.
- The power consumed by your OTG in kWh (units)
- The monthly power consumption by your OTG in units
- Annual power consumption in units
- The effect on your electricity bill
Let us quickly calculate the power consumed by some of the popular OTGs available on the market.
|Particulars / OTG||Philips HD6975/00 25L Digital OTG||Bajaj Majesty 1603T 16L OTG||Morphy Richards OTG Besta 40L|
|Rated Power (Watts)||1500||1200||2000|
|Daily Usage (hours/minutes)||1 hour||1.5 hours||1 hour|
|Electricity tariff||Rs 7||Rs 7||Rs 7|
|Daily Power Consumption (Units)||1.5||1.8||2|
|Monthly Power Consumption (Units)||45||54||60|
|Annual Power Consumption (Units)||540||648||720|
|Electricity bill amount because of the OTG||Rs 315.00||Rs 378.00||Rs 420.00|
- The higher the power rating of your OTG, the more is the power consumption of the appliance.
- A lot depends on your usage patterns. If your average usage is more, the power consumption is higher.
- The electricity tariff can vary from one place to another.
The Benefits of Using our OTG Power Consumption Calculator
- This calculator provides accurate power consumption of your OTG.
- You can input the figures depending on your actual usage.
- This calculator works with all currencies. Hence, you can use the calculator almost everywhere in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you convert Watts into units of electricity consumed?
Electricity consumption is calculated in kWh (Kilowatt-hour). In our example, the Philips OTG has a rated power of 1500 watts. It translates to 1.5 Kilowatts consumption. In terms of power consumption in units, it amounts to 1.5 units per hour. Accordingly, you can calculate the monthly consumption and the effect it has on your electricity bill.
Is it advisable to purchase an OTG with higher rated power?
It depends on your preferences. The OTG with a higher rated power consumes more electricity if it runs for the same duration as an appliance with a lower power rating. However, the higher-rated OTG consumes less time for preparing the same food. Hence, the power consumption balances out. Besides, the more advanced the OTG, the more its features are.