Generally, mixer grinders work on 500W, 750W, or 1000W power. The best way to determine the exact wattage is to look for the specifications listed out at the bottom of your machine. Otherwise, you can always look up the specification sheet provided with the appliance.
You can use the below Calculator to find the Power Consumption of your Mixer Grinder.
You should understand that grinding tough ingredients like coconuts or idly batter consumes more power because the mixer grinder works for extended periods.
On the other hand, preparing tomato purees do not consume much power because you use the appliance for less time. Therefore, the primary factors determining your mixer grinder power consumption are wattage and operational time.
Mixer Grinder Power Consumption Calculator
The above calculator will help you determine the following aspects of mixer grinder power consumption.
- Daily consumption by the appliance in units (kWh)
- Monthly consumption in kWh
- Annual units consumption in kWh
- Monthly electric bill consumption because of your appliance
All you have to enter is the following.
- Rated power of your mixer grinder in watts
- Operation hours or minutes – Daily consumption
- Electricity tariff, depending on your area
For example, a 500W mixer grinder consumes 0.5 kW/h or 0.5 units in an hour. If you use the mixer grinder for 30 minutes a day, the consumption should be around 0.25 units per day. It translates to 7.5 units per month. Accordingly, you can calculate the average annual consumption and its rupee equivalent.
- A 500W Mixer Grinder Consumes 0.5 KWh Units of electricity per Hour.
- A 750W Mixer Grinder Consumes 0.75 KWh Units of electricity per Hour
- A 1000W Mixer Griner Consumes 1 Kwh Units of electricity per Hour.
Tips to save power
- It is better to grind moistened foods, especially when preparing chutneys. Grinding dry powder consumes more power. At the same time, higher water content can also increase the grinding time and thus, consume more power. Therefore, one should add appropriate water.
- Running the mixer at low speeds can consume less electricity, especially for tasks that do not require the mixer to run at high speeds.
- Do not overload the mixer. Almost all machines today come with overload protection features.
- Service the mixer grinder motor at frequent intervals to keep the conveyor belts free of dust.