Microwave ovens are becoming common in Indian homes today, with almost every house having one to assist in their cooking assignments. These ovens consume electricity, but do you wish to know how much?
Our microwave oven power consumption calculator can help you determine how much power they consume and the effect on your electricity bill.
How to use the microwave oven power consumption calculator?
You have to input three basic information, and your microwave power consumption figure is ready.
- The rated power of the appliance – already displayed on the manufacturer’s instruction and specification manual
- The time for which you use the microwave oven daily – It depends on your usage pattern
- The electricity tariff in your area – It can change from one place to the other, with the information available on the power supplier’s website and your electricity bill.
What is the output?
On providing the information as listed above, you get the following output.
- Daily microwave oven power consumption in units
- Monthly oven electricity consumption in units
- Annual microwave oven power consumption
- Monthly electricity bill because of the microwave oven
Microwave oven power consumption calculation examples
We shall calculate the microwave oven electricity consumption using our calculator.
|Parameters / Microwave oven||Samsung 28L Convection Microwave Oven||LG 28L Convection Microwave Oven||IFB 30L Convection Microwave Oven|
|Rated Power (Watt)||1400||1950||800|
|Daily Usage||1 hour||45 minutes||1.5 hours|
|Electricity Tariff||Rs 7||Rs 7||Rs 7|
|Daily Consumption (kWh – Units)||1.4||1.46||1.2|
|Monthly Consumption (kWh – Units)||42||43.80||36|
|Annual Consumption (kWh – Units)||504||525.60||432|
|Monthly Electricity Bill||Rs 294||Rs 306.60||Rs 252|
- The usage can differ from one household to another. It also depends on the capacity of the oven. However, the more you use the microwave oven, the higher is the consumption.
- Microwave ovens come with a range of power ratings. Like the LG convection microwave listed above, those with advanced features have a higher power rated value of 1950W, whereas the IFB convection oven has a lower rating. The ovens with a higher power rating consume more power.
- The electricity tariff can vary from one place to another. Therefore, depending on where you reside, you can input the figure accordingly.
Benefits of using our microwave oven power consumption calculator
- It is an accurate calculation and depends upon the least number of variables.
- You can input the time consumed in hours and minutes, as per your preference.
- This calculator works with all currencies. Hence, people living abroad, say in the US, can also use it conveniently.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the rated power of the appliance signify?
The ‘Rated Power of the Appliance’ signifies the amount of power it consumes during its operation. This figure is generally in watt.
How do you calculate the units consumption?
The specification sheets list the rated power of the appliance in watts. You divide the figure by 1000, and you get the figure in Kilowatts. For example, the Samsung convection oven has a rated power of 1400W. It amounts to 1.4 kW. This unit consumes 1.4 kW of power in an hour. That gives you the power consumption in units.