Model No – PS-Q19YNZE 2022
With the summer just around the corner, people have started scouting the markets for air conditioners.
I found the latest LG model, PS-Q19YNZE (2022), with its exciting features as the ideal appliance to have in my bedroom.
While the 2022 model is available online, consumers can also check out the 2021 version at a similar price. Features-wise, there are a few differences, like the 2022 model has a 6-in-1 convertible mode and the 2021 mode, a 4-in-1 mode.
Before we review the 2022 model, here are its features in brief.
- Model No – PS-Q19YNZE 2022, White
- Split AC with Inverter compressor
- A capacity of 1.5-tons, suitable for rooms having area between 111 and 150 square feet
- 5-Star energy rating, with annual energy consumption of 818.81 units and ISEER value of 4.73
- Copper condenser pipes with Ocean Black Protection against corrosion
- Other features include 6-in-1 convertible cooling, 4-way air swing, HD filter with anti-virus protection, low gas detection, and 15m air throw
- Special features include Ex Clean filter, 100% copper condenser, 6-speed fan, stabilizer-free operations, smart diagnosis, auto restart, and various cooling modes
- Refrigerant – R32
- One-year LG warranty on the product, five years on the PCB, and ten years on the compressor with gas charging
The Positives – Features I found attractive
- This LG AC model has excellent features dual inverter compressor that helps the appliance cool the room quickly while consuming less power.
- LG ACs are renowned for their silent operations. This model works silently, but you can always expect sound when the compressor starts functioning. Secondly, you have to keep the filters and the area around the louvers clean. If there are any obstructions, you should remove them to enjoy the benefits of its silent operations.
- The dual inverter compressor is reputed to consume less electricity because it alters the cooling capacity depending on the room conditions. The 2022 model has a 6-speed fan setting. At lower speeds, the electricity consumption is considerably less. You can save more power by installing the outdoor unit in a shady area.
- This model features a 6-in-1 convertible control feature that adjusts the AC’s cooling capacity depending on your requirements. You can select the cooling you need by using the remote. The controls are a bit confusing, but you get used to it. Next, you can go through our post and understand the mechanism better.
- The HD filter is a good feature as it purifies the air circulating inside our room. Though the AC HD filters cannot work as perfectly as the specialized air purifiers, they do a decent job of purifying the indoor air.
- I live in a coastal city with a high concentration of ozonized air. This LG AC seems a good investment because its copper condenser tubes have unique Ocean Black Protection for indoor and outdoor units.
- LG states that the AC offers Stabilizer-free operations. However, I did not take the chance because I already had an external voltage stabilizer. Besides, my area experiences frequent voltage fluctuations. So I got it installed to protect the AC components from damage.
- The Auto Clean feature is good because it cleans the pipes and discourages mold formation.
- The Auto-Restart feature is welcome because I do not have to switch on the AC manually after a power outage.
- Other features that sound good include Low Gas Detection and Smart Diagnosis.
- The AC works in different modes, like Monsoon Comfort, Sleep Mode, etc.
- As I booked the installation service in advance when ordering the AC, I did not experience any hassle with the LG installation personnel. The best part is that you pay the amount after the installation. However, users generally complain of after-sales services that differ from one city to another.
- Though the product has a one-year warranty, LG compensates by offering a 5-year cover on the PCB and ten years on the compressor. Besides, this warranty includes gas refilling. I found this feature very attractive and user-friendly.
The Negatives – Improvements required
- The after-sales service, especially the installation, is a major concern area. Much depends on LG’s availability. It should not be an issue in metropolitan cities. Still, people living in the satellite towns and small cities experience problems of overcharging, indifferent behavior of installation personnel, poor installation because of inexperience, etc.
- There is not much difference in the 2021 and 2022 models, except that the 2021 models have 4-in-1 convertibility, and the 2022 appliances have 6-in-1. However, both the ACs are available at the same price. Therefore, logically, the 2021 model should cost less.
- The LG AC is priced higher, but it does not have a premium look compared to some of its immediate peer brands available on the market. The indoor unit flap leaves a small opening after switching off the AC. Though it does not affect its performance, it affects its appearance.
- LG has surprisingly come up with a confusing remote. First, it takes time to acclimatize to its operations, especially adjusting the 6-in-1 convertible mode. A more straightforward design would be welcome. Secondly, I could not change the time on the remote. Maybe, it is not a big issue, but LG could have avoided the inconvenience.
- The AC has a 4-way swing, but the louvers generally swing two-way by default. So you have to adjust the side swing every time.
- Though LG advertises stabilizer-free operations, using the appliance without a voltage stabilizer is risky. Therefore, LG should consider having an in-built voltage stabilizer at this pricing instead of providing stabilizer-free functions.
- The warranty becomes void if you use local installation personnel, however skilled they may be. Therefore, LG should immediately improve its installation services or risk losing customers.
- LG provides a 1.5m power cord with this AC. Unfortunately, it is thoroughly inadequate because the general distance between the indoor unit and the power supply in any house is invariably more than two meters. LG should consider offering a longer cord. Otherwise, you spend extra on purchasing new wires.
- Similarly, you have to spend a lot on the water outlet pipe, especially if you live on the higher floors.
- The installation charges do not include the costs for the stand, additional wires, and pipes. As a result, you end up spending substantially more than what LG advertises on the website.
Related: AC Power Consumption Calculator
Based on my experience, I would rate this AC as 4.75 out of 5, depending on the following parameters.
- Cooling Performance – 4.75 out of 5
- Noise levels – 4.75 out of 5
- Features – 5 out of 5
- LG After-sales service – 4 out of 5
- Power consumption – 4.75 out of 5
Common Queries on this LG AC with answers
1. How much does LG charge to install this air conditioner?
Under normal conditions, LG charges Rs 1199 plus GST @ 18% for installation. However, consumers have to pay extra for additional pipes, wires, cables, insulating materials, drilling, stands, brackets, etc.
2. Should you insure this LG AC?
Insurance is a personal choice. Though the LG AC personnel advise insuring the AC, you have the right to accept or not. It is not compulsory for users to take insurance.
3. Should I go for the AMC?
Your AMC will commence after the expiry of the one-year warranty. So, you can wait and check the AC’s performance before going for the AMC. However, LG installation personnel can attract you with discount offers on their AMC. So, it entirely depends on the individual whether you want the AMC or not. You should also note that the AMC does not cover many activities except cleaning the filters and pipes and checking the gas pressure.
4. How does the AI Convertible Mode work in this AC?
This AC features sensors that sense your requirements and adjusts the cooling performance accordingly. You can refer to our post on AI Mode in Dual Inverter LG ACs to understand the operations better.
5. What is the difference between the 4-in-1 and 6-in-1 convertible modes?
The 2021 LG AC model features a 4-in-1 convertible mode that enables the compressor to work at four different capacities from 40% to 100%, depending on the seasonal requirements and the number of people in the room. The 2022 LG AC model has a 6-in-1 convertible mode that enables the AC compressor to work at 110% capacity, and the AI mode in addition to the four modes described earlier.
6. How do you activate and use the 6-in-1 convertible mode in this LG AC?
You use the remote control options to select your preferred mode in this LG AC. Please refer to our detailed post in this connection to learn how to activate and use the 6-in-1 convertible mode.
7. What is the Low Gas Detection feature on this LG AC?
The Low Gas Detection feature detects low gas pressure that can affect the AC’s cooling performance and make the room hot and uncomfortable. This LG AC displays the CH 38 code on the LED display to indicate low gas. Therefore, you can immediately contact the LG service team and arrange a gas refill.
Related: AC Tonnage Calculator
8. What is the function of the HD Filter in this LG AC?
This AC features an in-built air purifying system that senses the indoor dust concentration and starts the ion diffuser and filtration system accordingly. Thus, it ensures the circulation of pure air inside the room.
Furthermore, the HD filter removes harmful bacteria, pet dander, dust, pollen, and particles as tiny as 10 micrometers. Besides, this AC features an anti-allergy filter to enhance the hygiene effect.
Related: AC and Air Purifier Filters
9. What is the Monsoon Comfort Mode on this AC?
The Monsoon Comfort Mode is handy in the rainy season when the humidity levels in the indoor air are high. You press the Mode option on the remote twice to activate the Monsoon Comfort Mode. The AC dehumidifies the air and enhances comfort levels without manual adjustment.
10. Does this LG AC make noise while functioning?
All Air Conditioners make noise when the compressor starts working. However, the dual inverter ACs make comparatively less noise than the single inverter compressor appliances.
LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI Dual Inverter Split AC PS-Q19YNZE 2022
Model No – PS-Q19YNZE 2022
Product Brand: LG
Product In-Stock: InStock