Our Verdict: Kuvings is a renowned brand name with a presence in more than 90 countries and a 40% global market share. Though expensive, this juicer is an excellent proposition because of its high-quality performance.
- One of the easiest machines to assemble and disassemble
- Powerful 240W motor
- JMCS technology enables better juicing efficiency.
- A cleaning tool is provided with the appliance.
- A 12-year warranty makes it cost-efficient.
- A large feeder tube allows the insertion of big fruit chunks.
- Excellent, sturdy design
- It can function for 30 minutes at a time without heating.
- Compared to its competitors, this product is expensive.
- It crushes citrus fruit seeds to impact the juice’s taste.
- Minute fruit fibers get stuck in the strainer.
- The sorbet and smoothie attachments are available at an extra cost.
Kuvings B1700 Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
Cold press juicers are more efficient than centrifugal juicers because they extract more juice from fruits and vegetables. Besides, there is no oxidation and, hence, no foam formation. The pulp comes out dry without any water residue.
Though it takes some time to master the assembly and disassembly process, it is convenient.
The Kuvings B1700 has high-quality stainless steel filters and BPA food-grade plastic augers to enhance hygiene levels. The feeder tube has a wide mouth to allow pushing in large fruit chunks. However, we recommend removing the seeds from citrus fruits before crushing them.
The 12-year warranty (10 + 2) is an excellent feature, making this cold press juicer an incredible VFM product. So, despite the higher pricing, the Kuvings B1700 cold press juicer is ideally suited for your kitchen.
- Weight – 8 Kg 650 grams
- Dimensions – 46 x 28 x 36 cm
- 240W motor (copper wound)
- Available in three colors, red, dark silver, and phantom black
In the Box
- Motor Base
- Juicer bowl, pulp jar, and juice jar
- Ultem Auger
- Cleaning brush and rotating wiper
- Green cleaning tool
The sorbet and smoothie strainer is an additional attachment available at an extra cost.
Kuvings B1700 Design
Compared to the Hestia Nutri Max model, the Kuvings B1700 is heavier. However, the dimensions are similar, allowing you to comfortably place the appliance on the kitchen counter. In addition, the Kuvings B1700 features a copper-wound 240W motor that can run continuously for 30 minutes.
The Kuvings B1700 has a rotational speed between 43 and 50 rpm, making it one of the best slow-masticating juicers.
It has a wide-mouthed feeder tube that allows you to push whole fruits inside the appliance. However, we suggest cutting the fruits to reduce the machine’s load and noise levels.
Kuvings offers Ultem (eco-friendly and BPA-free) auger and stainless steel strainer to ensure high-quality hygiene. Assembling the appliance takes some practice but is manageable. Similarly, disassembling the unit is convenient.
Kuvings provides two bowls for collecting the pulp and the juice. The juicing jar has a tap arrangement allowing users to control the liquid flow. In addition, the product comes with a cleaning tool making it convenient for users to clean the appliance.
Kuvings B1700 Cold Press Juicer Performance
Kuvings B1700 uses patented JMCS technology to extract 100% juice from fruits, vegetables, and nut milk. The innovative technology enables the extraction of 10% more juice than other juicers.
The Kuvings B1700 is excellent for extracting juice from green and leafy vegetables like spinach, cabbages, wheatgrass, coriander, and mint. In addition, you can use the pulp in your other food preparations if needed. Besides, this juicer also works well with beetroot, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers.
This juicer is perfect for fruits like bananas, papayas, apples, pomegranates, and pineapples. The citrus fruits require more work initially because you must remove the seeds before pushing them in.
Extracting nut milk is another excellent feature of the Kuvings B1700. Coconut and almond milk comes out beautifully in this juicer. However, we suggest soaking the nut pieces overnight to get the best results.
The coconut pulp can be used in other recipes to enhance their taste. However, these accessories are to be purchased separately.
The power 240W motor can run continuously for 30 minutes without becoming hot. However, your regular juicing activities do not need that much time. But it can be challenging to use if you host a party and require more juice to serve your guests.
Kuvings B1700 offers two models, with users having the option to purchase additional strainers for making sorbets and smoothies.
Cleaning the Kuvings B1700 is convenient. The kit contains a cleaning and rotating brush, making it comfortable to clean the filters.
We suggest running the machine for a minute or two with some water. It allows the fibers to disentangle and exit the juicer jar. You can rinse the juicer after disassembling it. The whole process does not take more than two to three minutes.
Kuvings B1700 features a 10-year warranty on the motor and one year on the product. Besides, users can register the product on the website and avail of the additional two-year warranty.
Kuvings offers excellent after-sales service, as they have service centers in multiple Indian cities.
Other Similar Products and Competitors
Hestia Nutri Max Cold Press Juicer – It is the closest to the Kuvings B1700 Juicer in terms of performance.
- Hurom Cold Press Juicer – The performance is comparable but has more drawbacks as the base models do not offer features like a pulp controller. Kuvings provides better value for money despite being expensive.
- Agaro Imperial Cold Press Juicer – While the performance levels pale compared to the Kuvings B1700, the Agaro model costs much less.
- Philips Viva Collection HR 1887/81 – This juicer has a 150W motor. So, the Kuvings B1700 is more potent than the Philips model.
Hestia vs Kuvings
The Kuvings B1700 Cold Press Juicer is similar to Hestia Nutri Max Cold Press Juicer in many ways. Though identical in performance, the Kuvings model is better on the following counts.
- Kuvings B1700 features a high-quality plastic body and looks classy.
- Hestia has fewer service centers compared to Kuvings. The Hestia service centers are in Pune and Mumbai. So, transporting the juicer to these cities every time costs money and consumes more time.
Kuvings B1700 Cold Press Juicer – Final Verdict
The Kuvings B1700 is an excellent appliance to cater to your juicing requirements. Though you must purchase some attachments separately, the product gives total value for money. The pricing can be high, but you get fantastic discount offers that make the product an attractive proposition.