You get a variety of choices when you venture to purchase a washing machine for your home. One of the recent ones is the ‘Inverter washing machines.’
At first glance, it might seem that we are referring to washing machines that can run on the home inverter. However, that is not the case.
Inverter washing machines run of a specific technology that enables you to save considerable power. Let us see what inverter technology in the washing machine is all about.
Table of Contents
- An analogy – To explain inverter technology better
- Inverter technology
- How does the technology work?
- Smart inverter technology
- Why should people welcome digital inverter technology in washing machines?
- What are the advantages of Digital Inverter Motor?
- Which brands manufacture the inverter washing machines?
An analogy – To explain inverter technology better
Most of us have a car. When we need to accelerate, we step on the accelerator lever thereby resulting in the supply of more fuel to the engine resulting in faster speeds. Similarly, by reducing the pressure on the accelerator, we slow down the vehicle. The inverter technology in washing machines is somewhat similar.
How does the technology work?
The inverter technology works by sensors detecting the load on the washing machine. Depending on the load, it determines the optimum speed at which the machines should run. Naturally, it results in the optimization of consumption of electricity.
This process involves the use of Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) motors or Brushless motors as you commonly refer to them. Therefore, you have a washing machine motor capable of running at variable speeds depending on the load.
In the conventional technology, you have a lot of moving parts like gears and belts along with the motor. These machines consume a lot of electricity because of the friction. They also make a lot of noise.
On the other hand, the inverter motors are bulkier, but they are more efficient in comparison to the conventional motors. These motors do not make much noise because of the lack of moving parts. There is no friction as well thereby resulting in a reduction in electricity consumption.
Thus, we can state that a motor that works on the inverter technology or the Direct Drive technology is a highly efficient machine.
Smart inverter technology
Why should people welcome digital inverter technology in washing machines?
Energy conservation is the order of the day. Using the digital inverter technology helps you conserve energy because these washing machines consume power depending on the load on the device. These machines working in the smart inverter technology have a longer lifespan.
Hence, the manufacturers offer an extended warranty period of nearly ten years on these machines.
What are the advantages of Digital Inverter Motor?
- The Digital Inverter motor is a brushless motor. Hence, it does not make much noise and is cooler in comparison to the conventional motor.
- These inverter motors consume less electricity than the conventional motors.
- These motors do not have movable parts like gears, shafts, and belts. Hence, they require less maintenance. It also explains why manufacturers offer extended warranties on such motors.
Which brands manufacture the inverter washing machines?
Some of the top brands manufacturing inverter washing machines are LG, Samsung, and Bosch. There are other brands like Midea, IFB, and Whirlpool. You get both the front loading and top load machines with inverter technology. Similarly, there are both semi-automatics as well as fully automatic washing machines equipped with inverter technology.
Washing machines are convenience appliances. Every house has one in today’s times. The conventional washing machines consume more electricity than the inverter washing machines. Hence, it is better to switch over to the inverter washing machines. They are comparatively expensive initially, but you recover the costs through savings in electricity.
- 10 Best Front Load Washing Machines in India 2019 (Fully Automatic)
- Front Load vs Top Load Washing Machines – Which is the better one?
- Best Washing Powder in India For Washing Machines!
- How To Clean a Washing Machine – Washing machine Cleaners!
- 9 Best Washing Machines in India 2019 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
Shiva Kumar is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious!