Our sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy dietary habits end up giving us backache. Therefore, choosing the ideal mattress becomes essential.
The extra-soft memory foam mattress can offer temporary comfort, but a medium-firm orthopedic mattress relieves pressure points.
This article reviews the Duroflex Livein Orthopedic mattress. But, before that, here are its plus and minus points.
Duroflex Livein Pros
- Orthopedic mattresses can be relatively soft and firm. A medium-firm mattress is ideal for relieving joint you or joint pains. The Duroflex Livein is an ideal mattress with optimum firmness, ranking 7 on a scale of 10.
- This mattress offers excellent edge support. So you do not slide and fall when sitting at the edges. Besides, the stiff edges ensure the mattress does not slip from the bed.
- The optimal firmness allows you to sit on it comfortably and work for extended hours. A spring or a foam mattress would have made it a painful experience because they tend to sink when you focus your entire weight on a specific area.
- The Duroflex Livein is ideal if you have the usual backache. But this mattress is not recommended for people with chronic back issues.
- Unboxing the mattress is not an issue. However, the mattress takes time to expand to its full size. It may take a day.
- One of the best aspects of this bed is that it does not give the repulsive odor that some mattresses do.
- The cushioning effect increases with usage. I experienced an enhanced softness after a month. However, if you want a softer mattress, go for a thickness of 8 to 10 inches.
- This mattress is available in multiple sizes. Sixty-three options are available on Amazon. The pricing is reasonable.
Duroflex Livein Cons
- A significant drawback of this Duroflex Liven mattress is that the bedsheets tend to slip if you place them loosely over the bed. Therefore, selecting the proper size is critical.
- Compared to other products like Sleepy Head and Wakefit, the Duroflex Livein is firmer.
- This Duroflex Livein mattress can become hot, especially in summer and coastal areas. However, everyone has AC in their homes. Therefore, it nullifies the heat generated by the mattress.
- This Duroflex Livein mattress is a one-sided bed. You cannot reverse it like spring mattresses.
- The mattress retains its state after you sit on it. Therefore, older adults can find it challenging to get up after sitting on the bed.
We say from experience that this mattress is a good one. It is ideal for people with mild or normal back pain. We do not recommend it for people experiencing chronic backache. It can get aggravated. This mattress is available in multiple sizes, making it convenient for everyone to order the size they need.
A double bed should be ideal for a couple and a child of up to six to seven years. If you like it softer, you can have an additional cushioning layer. The original mattress does not come with a cover. I suggest you cover the mattress before using it. It helps with easy maintenance and extends its lifespan.
The firmness quotient
Medium-firm beds are ideal for people with back problems. Orthopedic specialists have recommended the Duroflex Livein mattress for people with regular back pain because of its medium firmness. With a firmness quotient of 7 out of 10, this mattress offers the highest comfort and convenience to suit people with mild back issues.
The structural breakup
The advantage of buying foam mattresses today is that they come vacuum-pressed in a roll from the manufacturers. Unlike spring mattresses, foam beds are convenient to carry initially.
This Duroflex Livein is a roll-packed mattress in a vacuum-packed DIY box. This bed has a 4-layer structure with a single-sided usage.
- The bottom layer provides the ideal firmness known as the Body Support layer.
- The Pressure Relieving Memory foam layer lies above the Body Support layer. This layer molds naturally to your body shape and offers comfort and support.
- The Comfort Layer lies above the memory foam layer to provide much-needed softness and comfort.
- Finally, the top layer comprises a triple anti-microbial fabric cover. This layer protects you from infections caused by bacteria, fungi, and dust mites.
You can have a mattress topping if you feel so. I advise covering the mattress with a large bed sheet to prevent the fabric from getting soiled. It helps when you have children in the home because they spill food and other items on the bed.
The bed sheet should comfortably slip over the bed and be big enough to let you slide it under the mattress. I recommend tying knots at the four ends and tucking them below the bed. It prevents the bed sheet from slipping from the mattress.
The Unboxing Procedure
Installing the Duroflex Livein does not require any rocket science. The procedure is simple.
- Unbox the package and slide out the mattress.
- Place the mattress on your bed and roll it out.
- Use the cutter provided with the product and remove the plastic cover carefully.
- Allow the mattress to expand naturally. It should take six to eight hours. But I advise leaving it for a day to expand fully.
- Now, you can sleep on the bed comfortably.
Duroflex Livein Performance highlights
The Duroflex Livein delivers an excellent performance because it comforts people with mild back pain. The pressure-relieving memory foam layer cradles the pressure points perfectly and ensures the highest comfort levels and a restful night’s sleep.
The bottom layer provides the ideal firmness and support, preventing the foam from sinking under your weight. This mattress can comfortably withstand up to 150 Kg weight. Therefore, it should be ideal for couples. However, if you are built heavily, I suggest the 8-inch thick bed instead of the 6-inch model.
The anti-microbial fabric is a welcome addition to this bed because it prevents bacterial and fungal infections. Secondly, the fabric repels dust mites and bedbugs to provide a hygienic sleeping experience.
The medium firmness allows you to sit in the center of the bed and work on your laptop for extended hours. You will appreciate the difference if you have tried this exercise in pure memory foam or a spring mattress. This bed does not shrink or bounce to provide ideal comfort.
Another plus point is the edges of this mattress protrude out and provide ample support. Thus, you do not slide through the edges. In addition, the thick edges help the mattress retain its shape even after continued usage. However, older adults can find it challenging to get up after sitting at the edges.
This mattress is not as bouncy as spring mattresses. So you need not worry about your partner turning around while sleeping. You do not feel disturbed as you would have been if you were using a spring bed.
I advise people to cover the mattress with a bed sheet large enough to slip under it on all sides. It ensures that the sheet does not slip off quickly. In addition, it helps protect the mattress from unavoidable food spills, urine, vomit residue, etc. Finally, cleaning the bed sheet is comparatively easier than cleaning the entire mattress.
The heartening aspect of the Duroflex Livein orthopedic mattress is that it does not have any notable weak areas. However, I do not advise people with chronic back problems to use this mattress. It will not relieve you of the problem. Consulting a qualified orthopedic doctor is better who can suggest the perfect remedy.
Another minor drawback is that the memory foam bed gets hot because there are no avenues for the body heat to escape. Therefore, it can cause discomfort to people living in coastal areas, especially in summer. In addition, the sweat can percolate into the bed and give out a sticky feeling. The remedy is to use the AC to provide relief from the heat.
The Duroflex Livein Orthopedic mattress is a one-sided bed. Therefore, you cannot reverse it as you do with spring beds. However, it is not a significant handicap in any way.
Duroflex Livein – Comparison with its peers
Duroflex Livein Orthopedic mattress is available in multiple sizes. In addition, consumers have excellent alternatives in mattress brands like Sleepwell, Sleepy Cat, and Wakefit.
- Sleepwell offers an excellent product with a 5-inch variant and almost similar features. However, this model has a triple-layer anti-sag foam against the four layers present in the Duroflex model. But consumers should note that the Sleepwell bed is reversible, whereas the Duroflex is not.
- Sleepy Cat offers an excellent product in its 3-layered medium firm 6-inch memory foam mattress. This bed has a bamboo cover instead of the anti-microbial fabric present in the Duroflex bed.
- Duroflex offers an 8-inch orthopedic mattress for heavily built individuals. Otherwise, the features available on this bed are like the 6-inch variant reviewed here.
- Wakefit offers similar features in its orthopedic mattress. It has four layers, with the top layer comprising GSM spun knotted fabric cover. The drawback of this mattress is that sitting on it and working for long hours on the laptop is uncomfortable.
- Pricing-wise, the Duroflex Livein is more expensive than the Sleepwell and Sleepy Cat versions.
This mattress features a 10-year warranty against manufacturing defects. However, you can extend its longevity by maintaining it well.
Who benefits the most?
People with mild or regular backaches get the best relief from using this mattress. The medium firm bed provides the ideal support by relieving the pressure points. Hence, orthopedic surgeons prescribe this bed for relief against mild back pain.
Who should avoid it?
You must avoid this bed if you have chronic back issues. This bed will not provide the relief required to alleviate your suffering. You might need a firmer bed.
Duroflex Livein – Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can customize the mattress and order the size you need. However, this mattress is available in 63 options on Amazon.
No. Duroflex Livein does not offer a 100-night return option. But it offers a 30-night return policy.
No. Duroflex Livein does not offer any free mattress cover. However, we advise using a large bed sheet to protect the mattress and extend its longevity.
The Duroflex Livein 6-inch mattress weighs around 21 Kg.
Yes. Duroflex is a 100% Indian product with a factory in Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
A good mattress is integral to our life because we spend at least a fourth of our lives sleeping on it. Therefore, you must concentrate on the best product that suits you perfectly.
If you have a mild or regular backache, the Duroflex Livein orthopedic mattress is ideal because of its medium firmness. Besides its excellent performance and durability, this mattress is competitively priced. So Duroflex Livein should win your trust if you seek comfort and relief from mild back issues.