What does one look for in a high-quality AC? It should provide optimal cooling and save on energy bills. The convertible AC does precisely that. Let us find out how a convertible AC works and saves power.
For example, we shall consider the Samsung 1.5-ton 5-in-1 convertible inverter AC (AR18BY5AQWK, 2022 model).
This Samsung AC has a 5-step mode that adjusts compressor operations between 40% and 120% to save power. This 5-star AC has an ISEER value of 4.80 and consumes 806.28 units of energy per year.
This Samsung AC can work in five different capacities.
- When you require minimum cooling, you can set the mode to work at 40% of the AC’s capacity as a 0.6-ton AC.
- If the heat load is higher, you can enhance the cooling capacity to work at 60% or like a 0.9-ton AC.
- Options are available to set the compressor operational speed to work as a 1.2-ton AC and work at 80% of the total capacity.
- If required, you can set the normal mode to allow the AC to work as a 1.5-ton AC at 100% capacity.
- Besides, you can enhance the capacity to 120% if the cooling requirements are higher. Thus, this AC can work as a 1.8-ton AC.
When the AC works at lower capacities, it consumes less power. So, this convertible AC allows you to set it to work at 40% capacity at night and 100% during hot afternoons. So, automatically, it will consume less power than what is indicated in the BEE Star label.
Related: Convertible AC vs Inverter AC
You will never feel the need to let the AC work at 100% capacity all the time. The standard inverter AC does not allow this facility to choose the AC working capacity according to your requirements. Thus, we can state that a convertible AC can save more electricity than a regular inverter AC.