Our Verdict: The Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder is ideally suited for Indian kitchen requirements because it delivers excellent performance while being economical. Besides, it is compact and saves space. So it provides total value for money.
The Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder is a multipurpose appliance that caters to various jobs like wet and dry grinding, juicing and chutney making.
Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder, 750W, 4 Jars
The juicer attachment is excellent because it does not allow the seeds and pulp to mix with the juice. In addition, the 750W motor is powerful and lasts long.
However, this appliance has limitations, like being heavy and lacking a power-on indicator. Besides, the motor makes noise, and the jar handles are delicate. But this mixer grinder is available at attractive pricing. The positive aspects are that this appliance is easy to use and delivers optimal performance.
So it should suit Indian kitchen requirements perfectly. Therefore, the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder is a good investment. However, the motor has a two-year warranty instead of the five years that other competitors offer.
- A compact design that does not occupy much space in the kitchen
- The powerful motor helps deliver an excellent performance.
- One of the most effortless mixer grinders to clean
- The juicer is suitable for soft fruits and preparing milkshakes and lassis.
- The sharp blades enable efficient grinding.
- The transparent lids allow for easy monitoring.
- Adequate safety features
- The motor is noisy, as expected.
- The jar handles are made of weak plastic.
- The appliance becomes hot with continuous usage.
- The sharp blades can injure you if not handled properly.
- The gaskets wear off with usage and require frequent replacement.
- The motor has a 2-year warranty.
Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder – How we tested?
We never inform sellers that we intend to test mixer grinders after purchasing them because it gives room for manipulation. Instead, we order our products as regular buyers do on websites like Amazon.
We have a knowledgeable team of testers who run the machines under different working conditions to test their efficiency. We concentrate on aspects like wet and dry grinding capabilities, juicing abilities, noise generation, motor durability, and safety features.
We also test competitor models and look for comparable and unique features. Other aspects include value for money, warranty, and overall utility to satisfy Indian kitchen requirements.
What is in the package?
Here is what you get on opening the package.
- 750W motor encased in an ABS plastic housing
- Three stainless steel jars, a) 1L wet grinding, b) 0.75L dry grinding, and c) 0.4L chutney jar.
- One polycarbonate 1L juicer jar with strainer and pusher
- Wooden spatula
- User manual and warranty card
Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder Motor
A good mixer grinder should work on a 750W motor to deliver the best results. The Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder is well-equipped in this regard. The powerful 750W motor enables the appliance to comfortably grind the most challenging ingredients.
This motor allows the machine to function at a maximum speed of 18,500 rpm, which should be perfect for Indian kitchen requirements. However, the engine is noisy, primarily when you run the machine at full speed. We tested the noise and found it around 90 dB to 95 dB.
The 750W motor gets hot quickly. Therefore, we recommend using the machine for five minutes and switching it off for two minutes before restarting it. This procedure helps to extend motor life.
Generally, Indian kitchen requirements do not require the motor to function continuously for more than five minutes. However, you must be careful when wet grinding idli and dosa batter because this activity can take time.
Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder Performance
Performance-wise, the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder is excellent. It can cater to all Indian kitchen grinding requirements comfortably.
This appliance comes with four jars, including the juicer jar.
- The 0.4L chutney jar is ideal for preparing different semi-dry and wet chutneys. The tough wedge-shaped blades can grind chutney and masala ingredients with ease. However, we ask you to be careful when removing the chutney from the jar because the jar can become hot. It has no insulation layer like the Preethi Blue Leaf mixer jar.
- The 0.75L dry grinder is a good one because you can quickly grind challenging materials like turmeric, pepper, dry ginger, and other masalas. We did not find much residue after the grinding process. It proves that the machine is efficient in dry grinding.
- The 1L wet grinding jar is ideal for grinding idli and dosa batter. However, we advise you to soak the ingredients for at least five hours before grinding. It reduces the machine’s load and ensures a uniform grinding performance.
- All these grinding jars are made of stainless steel. In addition, they feature transparent polycarbonate lids, allowing you to monitor the grinding activity without opening them.
- The plastic handles are spaced out beautifully to give a good grip. However, the plastic quality is unsatisfactory. So the handles seem weak and delicate to grasp. Otherwise, the jars are of good quality.
The rotation speed of 18,500 rpm is suitable for dry grinding and chutney making. However, the heavy load in the wet grinding activity does not consistently allow the machine to work at such high speeds.
The three-speed control option is the standard norm in mixer grinders. Besides, this machine has a whip option for whipping cream and lassis. However, this machine has a significant drawback because it does not have an on/off indicator. So it becomes challenging to know whether the device is switched on or off.
Overall, the performance is good, especially for catering to Indian kitchen requirements.
The Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder features a separate juicer attachment. So, this appliance should be ideal if you do not have a juicer at home. The juicer jar is made of polycarbonate. It has a detachable sieve to filter the seeds and the pulp from the liquid. The pusher arrangement enables you to push large fruit chunks through the tube.
This juicer is best suited for extracting juice from soft fruits. However, when inserting citrus fruits, you must be careful because the appliance can crush the seeds and make your juice taste bitter. Besides, we do not recommend this machine for hard fruits.
Cleaning the jars after every use is crucial because of hygienic reasons. We recommend running the jars with water and soap liquid for half a minute to remove food residue. Subsequently, you can wash the jars under the kitchen tap. We do not recommend washing the jars in a dishwasher because the handles can break or the jar body and lid can develop scratches.
A wet paper or cloth towel should suffice for cleaning the mixer’s ABS body. However, we advise exercising care to ensure water does not enter the motor through the ventilation holes at the bottom.
Durability and Safety
The Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder is one of the safest appliances to use in the kitchen. The shock-proof ABS body is sturdy to accommodate the motor. The cord is long enough to offer sufficient flexibility. The vacuum suction feet allow the machine to grip the kitchen platform comfortably.
This machine features sufficient ventilation to allow the heat to dissipate. In addition, the overload protection button trips the appliance if it senses an overloading of ingredients. Therefore, you can reduce the load and restart the machine after resetting the switch.
We recommend not overloading the machine because it can harm the engine. So it is better to be careful when wet grinding. Otherwise, there is no problem of overloading.
Warranty and After-sales service
Butterfly offers a two-year warranty on the product and the motor. Other competitor models offer up to five years on the engine. Moreover, Butterfly has service centers throughout India. So after-sales service is available. Besides, the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder can comfortably be serviced by local technicians.
Read: Best Mixer Grinder in India
Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder – Specifications
Let us go through the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder specifications.
- 750W motor with a rotation speed of 18500 rpm
- Weight of 5.25 Kg
- Grey color ABS body
- Special-grade nylon couplers
- 180cm cord
- Stainless steel blades
- 3-speed control plus a pulse option
- Overhead protection switch
- Suction feet for a comfortable grip
The Market Competition
Here are some competitor models and alternate Butterfly mixers.
- The Butterfly Smart mixer is a similar device to the Butterfly Jet Elite. However, the shape of the ABS body is different, with the speed controls positioned toward the sides. It also offers four jars and a 750W motor.
- The Butterfly Hero Mixer Grinder does not have a juicer attachment. It also features a 500W motor. Thus, it is less potent than the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder. But, at the same time, it costs less.
- Prestige Iris Plus is a comparable competitor to the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder. It has a 750W motor and offers similar jars. But the Prestige appliance is comparatively more expensive than the Butterfly Jet Elite Mixer Grinder.
- Other comparable models include the Amazon Basics Premium 750W mixer grinder, Amazon Basics Alpha mixer grinder 750W, and Butterfly Lightning Mixer grinder 750W.