The coils have a vital role to play in the functioning of an air conditioner. Any air conditioner works on the following four principles.
Thus, you have cold air flowing out of the air conditioner. All this flow of liquid and gases take place through the coils. Hence, the coils are vital for any air conditioner. Right through the history of air conditioners, you had copper coils. However, considering the cost of copper, the industry shifted to the use of aluminium coils.
Both aluminium and copper coils have their merits and demerits. However, it is also necessary to ensure that the coils stay free from corrosion, rust, and other damage. There are many techniques to ensure that the AC coils perform efficiently. One such technology is the Blue fin technology.
Table of Contents
Blue fin condensers
One way of enhancing the efficiency of the condenser coils in the air conditioners is to coat them with anti-corrosive materials.
Voltas was the first company to use this technology to improve the efficiency of the AC coils. Subsequently, prominent AC manufacturers like Panasonic, Electrolux, and Blue Star name it the Blue Fin Condenser technology.
This technology protects the condenser coils from humidity and moisture. People living in the coastal areas where there is high humidity benefit from the use of this technology.
Micro Channel Condenser coils
Samsung uses this unique technology for increasing the efficiency of the AC coils, especially those situated in the houses in the coastal areas.
The microchannel condenser coils are aluminium coils. They comprise of multiple flat tubes made of aluminium having microchannels through which the refrigerant flows.
The set-up is unique in the sense that it consists of flat tubes and aluminium fins located in between the tubes and two refrigerant manifolds. This set-up does not require the use of two dissimilar metals. Thus, it eliminates the problem of galvanic corrosion.
Samsung names this technology as Multi-Jet technology in its brands.
Hydrophilic Blue Fin
Blue fin condenser Vs Gold fin condenser
We have seen the blue fin technology to protect the condenser coils from corrosion and damage. Gold fin technology is a similar kind of technology where the manufacturers of ACs apply a golden hydrophilic coating to the condenser coils.
The Golden Fin condensers are better than the Blue fin condensers in the sense that they improve the heating efficiency of the AC in the Reverse Cycle models by accelerating the defrosting process.
The gold fin condensers do not rust. Hence, this technology provides greater protection to the coils. The gold fin technology is universally handy as it is beneficial in coastal areas as well as other areas. The gold fin coating can take care of acidic, salts, and water accumulation on the condenser coils. Also, the gold fin coating is non-toxic and 100% environmentally friendly.
Benefits of Blue Fin Condenser
Let us the benefits of the Blue Fin condenser.
- The epoxy coating on the coils not only prevents accumulation of salt and acid deposits but also protects the coils from water droplets.
- The hydrophilic blue fin condensers do not allow water droplets to accumulate as well. Therefore, blue fin condensers increase the efficiency of the air conditioners and extend the lifespan of the appliances.
- The Blue fin technology discourages corrosion by keeping the dust out as well.
- The Blue Fin technology also helps in conservation of energy as the AC does not have to work harder.
Hence, you should ensure that your AC comes with anti-corrosive blue fin condenser. It not only increases the efficiency of your appliance but also ensures to enhance the life of your AC and reduce greenhouse gas emission.
- What is Gold fin technology in air conditioners?
- Copper Coil vs Aluminium coil in AC – Which is better?
- Best 2 Ton Split AC (Air Conditioner) in India – (5 Star, Inverter)
- Best 1 Ton Split AC (Air Conditioner) in India 2019 (Inverter, 3-5 Star)
- 9 Best Air Conditioners in India (2019) – AC Buying Guide & Reviews!
Shiva Kumar is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious!