There was a time in the past when every third advertisement you saw on TV was of a detergent bar.
Have you wondered where the detergent bar advertisements have disappeared today?
The Washing Machine has literally killed the detergent bar manufacturing industry.
Choosing the best Washing machine for your home can be a tough job. You have a variety of options available in the market. The number of models can overwhelm you.
However, after going through this guide, the confusion will clear and you will be able to make the right choice.
Table of Contents
- Best Washing Machine in India 2018
- 1. LG FH0B8NDL22 6 Kg Front Load Washing Machine
- 2. IFB Senator Aqua SX – 8 Kg Front load Washing Machine
- 3. Bosch WAK201601N – 7 Kg Front Load Washing Machine
- 4. LG T72CMG22P – 6.2 Kg Top Load Washing Machine
- 5. Whirlpool Whitemagic Premier – 6.5 Kg Top Load Washing Machine
- 6. Samsung WA62H4100HD/TH – 6.2 Kg Top Load Washing Machine
- 7. LG P7556R3FA – 6.5 Kg Semi Automatic Washing Machine
- 8. Onida S68SCOGF – 6.8 Kg Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
- 9. Whirlpool Ace Supersoak – 8 Kg Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
- Best Washing machine brands in India
- Washing Machine buying guide
- Washing machines Technologies
- Final thoughts
Best Washing Machine in India 2018
We shall list out the top models of washing machines in India for your reference based on quality and popularity. We shall discuss the features of these models later on in this article.
1. LG FH0B8NDL22 6 Kg Front Load Washing Machine
Available on Amazon, you get attractive discounts when you opt for this machine. Here are it’s salient features.
- Fully automatic washing machine with front loading features
- Capacity of 6 Kg suits the normal India household
- 6 motion DD technology
- Inverter and Direct Drive technology combination improves user experience and reduces noise, vibrations and electrical consumption
- Smart washing machine with diagnosis facility
- Multiple wash systems like rinse hold, tub clean, prewash, and so on
- 2-year warranty on the machine with 10 years on the motor
2. IFB Senator Aqua SX – 8 Kg Front load Washing Machine
Attractive Offers available on Amazon makes it very popular. IFB Senator Aqua is one of the Best Selling Washing Machines in India. Check out the features here.
- 8 Kg capacity makes it a large machine
- Front loading facility
- Unique tub clean facility eliminates impurities, scaling, unpleasant smell, and bacteria
- 4-year warranty on the product
- Wash your heavy clothes easily
- One wash care program
3. Bosch WAK201601N – 7 Kg Front Load Washing Machine
Get international standards of washing with this front loading machine. You can check out the features here.
- Water and energy efficient
- Variodrum feature enhances washing quality
- LED display and foam detection system
- Capable of detecting unbalanced loads
- Provides multiple water protection
- Super Quick 15 technology freshens laundry in 15 minutes flat
- SpeedPerfect technology increases speed by 65%
- 2-year warranty on the product with 10 years on motor
4. LG T72CMG22P – 6.2 Kg Top Load Washing Machine
Users can graduate to this automatic model from the semi-automatic machines easily. The features are attractive as well as easy to understand. One of the best top load washing machines available in the market.
- Transparent window enables you to see what is happening inside
- The machine has a Punch plus 3 pulsator washing mode.
- 10 water level selection facility
- Programs available to wash fuzzy wool. Quick wash, and blankets as well.
- Additional programs like rinse, tub clean, silent and favorite
- Uses cold water
- Multi water flow and turbo drum ensures powerful washing
- Waterfall circulation and smart filters make your job easy
- 6.2 Kg top loading machine
- 2-year warranty on product and 10 years on motor
5. Whirlpool Whitemagic Premier – 6.5 Kg Top Load Washing Machine
Whirlpool is a trusted brand in India. You get a free installation service as well when you buy this machine from Amazon. The following features make it attractive.
- Fully automatic top loading machine
- 6.5 Kg makes it right for the small Indian family of 3
- 6th sense technology makes it a smart machine.
- Express wash facility speeds up the process
- Auto tub clean facility makes it hygienic
- Heavy-duty steel Spa drum
- 12 wash programs like Normal, Express wash, heavy, delicate, whites, rinse plus spin, spin alone, and aqua store
- Hard water wash cycle facility available
- 2-year warranty on the product with 10 years on motor
6. Samsung WA62H4100HD/TH – 6.2 Kg Top Load Washing Machine
Having excellent looks, this Samsung machine is available on Amazon. The features are as follows.
- Fully automatic top loading machine
- 6.2 Kg capacity suits the small Indian family
- Low drying time because of air vents and a powered spin cycle
- Diamond shaped embossed drum protects clothes
- 2 years comprehensive warranty on the product
7. LG P7556R3FA – 6.5 Kg Semi Automatic Washing Machine
This semi-automatic washing machine can suit the budget of the average household. Available on Amazon, the attractive features are as follows.
- Easy to install and use
- 6.5 Kg semi-automatic top loading machine
- 3 wash programs depending on fabric and extent of soiling
- The rollers ensure the removal of dust and mites from the clothes
- The lint filter collects the fibers that come out while washing the clothes
- Available in excellent dark blue color
- Plastic cover comes with rat repellant chemical
8. Onida S68SCOGF – 6.8 Kg Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
This semi-automatic washing machine is perfect for the Indian middle-class household budget. Available on AMazon, you have the following features.
- 6.8 Kg capacity is perfect for the present day Indian family structure
- High spin speed of 1450 rpm
- This ensures lower drying time
- 2-wash programs
- Made from high quality plastic
- Semi-automatic with top loading facility
9. Whirlpool Ace Supersoak – 8 Kg Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
Easy to use, this product is just right for the Indian family budget. Available on Amazon, you can see the following features.
- Easy to install and use
- 8 Kg semi-automatic machine makes it a fairly large one capable of catering to the normal Indian family
- 3 wash programs make it efficient
- 2 years warranty on the product
- The inbuilt scrubber, spin shower, lint filter, and extendable work surface make it a pleasurable experience
- The multi-utility tray, buzzer, and castors make it easy for the user
Best Washing machine brands in India
However, before going into the intricacies of the washing machine buying guide, we shall list out some of the top washing machine brands available in the Indian market today.
Washing Machine buying guide
We shall now at the various features you usually encounter when you step into the market to buy a washing machine. This buying guide can help clear all your doubts on the matter.
Semi-Automatic vs Fully Automatic Machines
What does the word ‘Automatic’ signify?
When we use the word ‘Automatic’ in context with the washing machine, we infer that the machine not only washes the clothes but also extracts the water from them after the washing process is over.
The fully automatic machine has a program that takes care of all aspects of washing, spinning and drying.
In the semi-automatic machines, you have to transfer the clothes manually to the spin tub after the washing cycle is over. Thus, you find the semi-automatic machines having two tubs. Otherwise, the mechanism, as well as energy consumption features, are more or less same.
Front Load vs Top Load Machines
You must have heard these names many times when you refer to washing machines. The differentiation is very simple. As the name suggests, the front load machines entail loading of the clothes from the front portion.
In the top load machines, you load clothes into the washing drum from the top. Usually, you find people from the Western countries preferring the front load machines whereas Indian people prefer the top loading ones.
The front loading machines are fully automatic machines whereas you have semi-automatic machines in the top load machines in addition to the fully automatic ones.
Washing machines Technologies
You have just seen the main features of the washing machines. Let us no look at the different technologies in use.
This technology is a revolutionary one capable of saving power especially when you feel the need to use a motor.
Inverter Technology enables the machines to run at a speed optimum to the load.
In the normal course, your washing machine has a motor that is capable of running at a fixed load. Hence, it performs at the optimum level only when you have this particular load.
However, in the case of the Inverter technology, you have the machine running at variable speeds that is optimum for the load you have at a particular time.
This technology has a special electronic circuit that determines the speed of the motor based on the load. Hence, you end up saving lots of power because you do not have the same load every day. [/su_spoiler]
You might have great confusion between choosing the top loading and front loading machines because each of these machines has its inherent advantages.
How would it be if you have a washing machine that combines the benefits of both the technologies?
It would be a great experience.
Samsung has come up with the Flexwash option whereby you have the flexibility of using both the designs in a single machine. The main front loader machine has a capacity of 21 Kg whereas you have a miniature top loading facility as well with a capacity of 3.5 Kg.
This enables you to wash the heavy laundry items like bed sheets, blankets, and curtains as well as the delicate items like handkerchiefs, socks, and lingerie together in two different modes.
This technology involves the use of two separate drums, the main drum with a capacity of 20 Kg for cleaning heavy laundry and a mini section below the main drum for washing the smaller items like scarfs and inner garments.
This enables you to get the benefit of both the technologies in a single machine.
Washing clothes is important. It is also important not to damage the fabric while washing them. One way of ensuring the same is to unleash the power of bubbles in cleaning clothes.
You have this facility in most of the washing machines that have hot water cycles.
Electronic giants like IFB and Samsung have introduced this technique in machines using cold water as well. Indians use cold water while for washing their laundry items.
Samsung has pioneered the EcoBubble technology that converts the detergent particles into bubbles. These bubbles inflate around the clothes and penetrate the fabric to remove the most stubborn of dirt particles.
IFB has its own version, the O2 Wash where you can see the same technology in action.
Different kinds of fabrics require different motion technologies to get an optimum wash. The washing machines have become smart today with companies like LG, Samsung, and IFB coming up with specific technologies to achieve a gamut of cleaning styles.
LG has introduced the 6-Motion DD technology that encompasses the following six wash motion types namely, Tumble, Stepping, Scrubbing, Swing, Rolling, and Filtration. You find this unique combination in LG’s premium range of models.
Whirlpool has come up with a new range of front loading machines. It uses the SoftMove technology that enables the machine to sense the load inside the drum and use the appropriate program based on the type of fabric loaded inside.
It uses the following types of motion technology, Energetic wash, Soft cradle, Power Shower, and Slow Motion depending in the fabric you load into the machine.
IFB cannot be very far behind in the adoption of such technologies. They have engineered the different types of wash styles like Air Bubble Wash, 3600 wash, Cradle wash, Steam wash, and O2 wash.
Tackling hard water
India has this problem of having to use hard water for washing purposes. The problem with hard water is that it becomes difficult to dissolve the detergents in it.
Secondly, you also end up with deposits of salt around the drum and supply pipes resulting in choking them. Therefore, you find Indian washing machine manufacturers employing innovative techniques to deal with this issue.
Whirlpool has a specific ‘Hard Water’ option in its latest semi-automatic machine series, Ace. This option allows eliminating dirt from the clothes even when the water is hard.
Maytag has introduced this technology in its front-loading machines whereby these machines adjust its performance depending on the hardness of the water.
Washing machines are no longer luxury appliances. They have become an essential member of any household today.
This explains why people go to great lengths to understand the technologies used in washing machines today. This article can help you a great deal in this regard.
You have just gone through the buying guide as well as the features of the best washing machines in India. The advantage of this segment is that you have a huge variety at your disposal.
If you have any queries regarding washing machine selection, post them in the comments section below and we will try to answer them.