Are you looking for the Best Top Load Washing Machine for your home?
If yes, then you are at the right place. Top loading machines have become popular in India.
Indians are used to the working of the Semi-automatic machines. They are also top loading machines, but with a limited usage.
For people graduating from the semi-automatic mode, the top loading machine is the right one.
Let us look at one machine from each of these top manufacturers. This will definitely make your job of buying your washing machine easier.
Table of Contents
- Best Top load Washing machines in India
- 1. LG 8 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing (T9077NEDL1)
- 2. LG 7.0 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (T8081NEDLJ)
- 3. Samsung 7 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WA70M4400HV/TL)
- 4. LG 6.5 Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing machine (T7581NDDLG)
- 5. Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WOE654W0IN)
- 6. IFB 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (TL-RDW 6.5 Kg)
- 7. Samsung 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WA65M4205HV/TL)
- 8. LG 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing machine (T7281NDDLG/T7288NDDLG/GD)
- 9. Whirlpool 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (Whitemagic Classic 621S)
- 10. Samsung 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WA62M4300HP/TL)
- 11. BPL 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (BFATL62K1)
- Top Loading Machines – Buying Guide
Best Top load Washing machines in India
The List of the Best Top Load Washing Machines is based on the data we collected from various brands, technical specifications, user reviews and value for money.
If you have any queries regarding washing machine selection, post them in the comments section below and I’ll answer them.
1. LG 8 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing (T9077NEDL1)
LG is a reputed manufacturer of electronics products in India, the washing machine being one of them. As with other appliances, the LG washing machines also come with the latest features.
LG washing machines come with innovative features like in-built jet spray to wash out the dirt and excess detergent to deliver a perfect wash.
Other intelligent features include the smart diagnosis function whereby you connect your washing machine to a smartphone app.
2. LG 7.0 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (T8081NEDLJ)
Here is another sleek LG model that adorns many a home in India today. The best aspect of LG washing machines is that they are ideal for Indian water and power conditions.
This LG machine comes with smart inverter technology that is safe, has less vibration, makes no noise, and performs exceedingly well. The BMC Protection feature on this motor protects it from corrosion.
Other excellent features of this appliance include Smart Diagnosis that allows you to check for any problems using a smartphone app, Smart ThinQ. The child lock is a unique safety feature preventing the child from playing with the controls.
3. Samsung 7 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WA70M4400HV/TL)
Samsung washing machines provide the perfect competition to the LG machines as they match each other feature for feature. Thus, Samsung is also a perennial favorite with Indian homemakers.
The highlight of the Samsung machine is the tempered glass window that is capable of withstanding extreme pressure while allowing you to witness the operation with ease. It is resistant to damage and scratches.
The magic dispenser helps in dissolving the detergent powder completely thereby preventing wastage.
The drum comprises diamond shaped grooves and ridges along with tiny holes to protect your clothes from damage due to entangling with the machine parts. The Eco Tub Clean feature cleans the tub without using chemicals. It also notifies you at the appropriate time.
4. LG 6.5 Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing machine (T7581NDDLG)
LG washing machines come in various capacities to cater to all kinds of Indian families, large, medium, and small. The best part of these machines is that they do not compromise on the quality aspect.
The smart inverter motor is the highlighting feature of this washing machine. It provides an incredible washing experience while being safe at the same time. This motor has a long lifespan as well because BMC Motor protection feature protects it from corrosion.
This machine is an intelligent one as it can self-diagnose its problems. You can control this feature using a smartphone app, SmartThinQ.
The Auto Restart feature is ideal for Indian homes where power cuts are frequent. The child lock functionality makes it a safe machine as children cannot fiddle with it.
5. Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WOE654W0IN)
Bosch is an internationally renowned washing machine manufacturer. Usually, you find front-loading washing machines from Bosch. However, they have adapted to the Indian market by introducing a couple of top-loading washing machine models.
Bosch is a German brand. Hence, you get the best of German engineering in this machine. The machine comes with a unique Power Wave wash system to deliver the perfect wash. The innovative pulsator design and the dynamic water flow coupled with the ideal drum movement ensure an incredible washing experience.
This machine comes with dual dispensers whereby you have different compartments to use powder and liquid detergents. It is also capable of working at water pressure levels of 0.3 bar making it ideal for Indian conditions.
It is an extremely safe appliance. The child lock system prevents the children from fiddling with the controls.
6. IFB 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (TL-RDW 6.5 Kg)
Similar to Bosch, IFB is an international giant manufacturing some of the finest washing machines in the world. IFB has also realized the power of the Indian market and has come up with a fully automatic top loading washing machine.
This product is specifically for the Indian market. It comes with excellent features like Deep Clean that is gentle on clothes and tough on stains. The Triadic Pulsator Cleaning Engine helps the clothes to sparkle by removing the stubborn dirt.
The wash drum comprises crescent moon-shaped grooves to create a water cushion for the clothes and protect them from damage.
The highlight of the physical appearance is the bubble leveler that helps to reduce vibrations. This machine is an eco-friendly machine as it reuses the last rinse water for soaking new clothes. It also comes with a voltage protection feature to take care of voltage fluctuations and power outages.
7. Samsung 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WA65M4205HV/TL)
Samsung, along with LG, Whirlpool, and other prominent brands, manufactures some of the best washing machines in India. The top loading washing machines from Samsung come with a lot of innovative features.
Samsung washing machines come with tempered glass viewing lids that can withstand high pressure. The USP of Samsung washing machines is the diamond-shaped ridges with tiny holes on the sides of the drum. It provides the perfect cushioning for your laundry and protects your clothes as well.
The Center Jet Pulsator improves the washing efficiency of the machine by lifting clothes that fall on the pulsator during the washing cycle thereby preventing a tangle.
8. LG 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing machine (T7281NDDLG/T7288NDDLG/GD)
Couples and single bachelors find it cumbersome to buy washing machines of capacities 6.5 kg and more. This LG washing machine is ideal as it comes with a capacity of 6.2 kg, suitable for this class of Indians.
All LG top loading washing machines irrespective of capacity come with similar features. This washing machine also comes with smart inverter technology that provides a power-packed performance and high degree of safety.
This machine saves time and power because of the Auto Restart function that starts the machine from where it stopped at the time of power outage. Tub Clean facility disinfects the tub and thus makes it safe for you.
Children cannot fiddle with the controls because you can use the child lock feature and protect the machine from your child’s mischievous pranks.
9. Whirlpool 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (Whitemagic Classic 621S)
Whirlpool is another high-quality washing machine manufacturer in India along with LG, Samsung, and the others. Whirlpool produces some of the most stylish washing machines in India.
Whirlpool washing machines work on a unique technology that concentrates on move and drum combination thereby producing less tangling of clothes. This drum contains 50% lesser holes than the regular washing machines thus reducing the amount of lint generated. It results in a smoother washing experience.
This machine has four wash programs to give a perfect wash for each type of fabric. The specialty of this washing machine is the lint filter cleaner that automatically cleans the lint from the lint filter.
The child lock system helps to protect your device from accidental mishandling by your child.
10. Samsung 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WA62M4300HP/TL)
Samsung is a favorite brand of washing machine. When you have Whirlpool and LG catering to the needs of small families, Samsung would not like to be left out. This 6.2 Kg washing machine is ideal for couples and bachelors.
This machine comes with Wobble technology that uses wobble pulsators to generate a dynamic and multidirectional washing flow to prevent tangles thereby protecting your laundry as well.
All Samsung washing machines come with Diamond Drum technology where the drum has diamond shaped grooves with small holes to provide a cushioning to the clothes and also to prevent trapping of the fabric into the sides of the drum.
Finally, the Eco Tub Clean feature cleans your washing machine drum without using any chemicals thereby proving to be an eco-friendly machine.
11. BPL 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (BFATL62K1)
BPL is also a reputed local manufacturer of washing machines in India. The advantage of BPL washing machines is that they are ideal for use in Indian conditions, especially when you have salty water, low pressure, and power outages.
This BPL washing machine with a capacity of 6.2 Kg is ideal for couples and bachelors. The stainless steel drum does not rust. Hence, it has a longer lifespan than plastic drums.
It also comes with a unique air dryer feature that removes all moisture from your clothes. You can transfer your laundry from the washing machine directly to the ironing table.
Top Loading Machines – Buying Guide
A majority of young people in India, especially the teenagers have not heard the word ‘DHOBI’ in their lives, let alone understand the meaning of this word.
For the benefit of such persons, I shall say that ‘Dhobi’ stands for the humble washerman. Yes, there was a class of people known as ‘washer men’. They used to wash clothes and deliver it to houses in the past. In fact, there is a locality in Mumbai known as ‘Dhobi Talao’. This iconic location has featured in several Hindi films as well.
Coming to the point, we wish to state that the ubiquitous Dhobi has virtually disappeared from the scene.
Why has it happened? Who is to blame for this? One can state that the advent of the washing machine has caused this to happen.
Today, you have virtually every home in India having a Washing Machine. Right from the basic semi-automatic machines to the state of the art front loading machines, you have a wide array to choose.
If you do a quick research on the usage of washing machines in India, you will find that people prefer to use the top load washing machines over the front loading machines. The preference in the US is just the opposite. You can attribute this to the washing habits of Indians.
Top Loading Machines – The Advantages
You have decided to purchase a washing machine for your house. Should you not have an idea about the advantages of using top loading machines? Here are five simple advantages for you.
- The top-loading machines are at a comfortable height thereby obviating the need for bending down to load and unload clothes. Hence, you develop a better posture.
- The height factor eliminates the need to invest money in purchasing expensive bases for placing these machines.
- You do not experience any kind of bad or undesirable odours like mould and mildew in these top loading machines.
- Cost wise, they are considerably cheaper than the front loading machines.
- One of the main attributes of the top loading machines is that they consume less water and energy as compared to the standard semi-automatic top loading machines.
Top Loading Machines – Disadvantages
A prudent homemaker should look at both the sides of the coin before investing her hard-earned money in a top loading automatic washing machine. Hence, it is better to weigh the disadvantages as well.
- The High-Efficiency top loading washing machines have longer washing cycles as compared to the traditional top-loading machines.
- You need to arrange the clothes properly into the tub lest you experience tangling of clothes leading to damage.
- These machines can take up more space than the front loading machines.
- In comparison to the front-loading machines, these top loading ones use more water.
- Hence, you find the top loading machines take a longer time to dry clothes. This increases the timing required for the spin function.
Frequently asked Questions
You have just seen the best models of top loading washing machines available in India. Let us look at some the frequently asked questions in this connection.
1. Why is inside-out washing of clothes recommended by many dealers?
In fact, it does not make any difference to the machine’s performance. This act enhances the lifespan of your clothes, especially those having printed logos and designs. It also prevents the formation of fluff balls on woollen garments.
2. What is the cause of these fuzzy balls on some clothing?
Synthetic clothes shed small fibres that can cling to clothes. You have a remedy for this available in numerous departmental stores. Avoid overloading your machine.
3. How much detergent do you need?
It depends on the nature and condition of clothes you put for washing. The hardness of the water can also affect the quantity of detergents used. See if there are soap suds left after your washing cycle. In case you find then, you are using more detergent than necessary.
We have just seen the basic advantages and disadvantages, FAQ’s and some of the best top loading washing machines in India. If you have any queries regarding washing machine selection, you can post them in the below comments section and I’ll answer them.