Philips manufactures some of the most popular air purifiers and humidifiers today. We shall be reviewing some of the best Philips air purifiers later on in the article.
Prior to that, we shall discuss the principal features of the latest air purifiers and look at the aspects you need to concentrate while buying a compatible air purifier for your home.
Philips is one of the leading manufacturers of air purifiers. Their products are extremely useful and save you a lot of power in the bargain. Let us look at some of the salient features you can expect in Philips air purifiers before reviewing some models.
Table of Contents
- Features available in Philips air purifiers
- Best Philips air purifiers in India 2018
- 1. Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier
- 2. Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887 / 20 56- Watt Air Purifier
- 3. Philips 2000 Series AC2882/50 56-Watt Air Purifier
- 4. Philips 3000 Series AC3256 / 20 60-Watt Aera Sense Air Purifier
- 5. Philips AC4072 38-Watt Air Purifier
- 6. Philips AC4025 40-Watt Air Purifier
- 7. Philips AC4372 / 10 63-Watt Air Purifier
- Important features of Philips air purifiers:
Features available in Philips air purifiers
Certified by Association of Home Appliances Manufacturers, USA (AHAM), and European Centre for Allergy Research Foundation, these purifiers conform to international norms. Here are some additional features you encounter in a majority of Philips air purifiers.
Night Sense Auto mode allows for providing continuous monitoring of pure air. The light sensing arrangement adjusts the product’s fan speed and ensures to dim the lights automatically thereby ensuring proper.
It senses the dimming of the bedroom lights and activates the Night Sense Auto mode. It uses advanced light sensing technology to do so.
This mode is a specially designed facility for superior allergen removal efficiency. It uses natural filtration technology and is 100% ozone-free.
Auto Mode provides for a completely automatic operation thereby ensuring hassle-free air monitoring. This mode allows for purification of indoor air on a real-time basis with PM 2.5 levels.
These air purifiers come with multiple fan speeds depending on the size of the room and pollution levels. The lowest fans speed is around 33db, quiet enough to allow peaceful and comfortable sleep.
The Healthy Air Protect facility enlightens you when to replace the filters. Child lock facility is available to ensure that children do not alter the settings unintentionally.
Smart Air Quality Sensor enables real-time sensing of quality of air with a quality index display and 4-color air quality indicator.
Vita Shield IPS protection is available in all air purifiers that filter 99.97% allergens. It ensures elimination of ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns. Note that this is 100 times smaller than PM 2.5.
AeraSense Technology helps in identifying minutest particles smaller than PM 2.5. It sets the purifier’s settings at an ideal level to function at current air conditions.
TRUE HEPA Filters ensure total elimination of bacteria and viruses. Activated carbon Filters removes bad odor and effects of TVOCs.
Best Philips air purifiers in India 2018
Philips is a reputed manufacturer of air purifiers in India. These air purifiers use the latest technology like VitaShield IPS, Area Sense, and Nano Cloud. Available online on websites like Amazon, these air purifiers are in great demand today, especially with the quality of indoor air deteriorating to great extents.
1. Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier
This product is certified by AHAM, ECARF, and Airmid. Coming with a 2-year international warranty, this product can save you power. Let us look at some of its salient features.
- Ultra silent Night Sense Mode
- Perfect for bedrooms of the size of 63 square metres
- CADR of 270 cubic metres per hour
- Vita Shield IPS
- 100% Ozone free
- TRUE HEPA series filters
- Air quality indicator and child lock facility
- Aesthetic touch panel
- Power consumption in the range 11 to 50 watts
2. Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887 / 20 56- Watt Air Purifier
Capable of evacuating entire bacteria and viruses along with other airborne particles, this air purifier has certain innovative features.
- Scratch proof body
- Activated Carbon Filters take care of TVOCs.
- Superior purification
- AeraSense Technology available
- VitaShield technology
- Silent mode facility enables sound sleep
- Real-time indoor quality check
- Smart Light Control
3. Philips 2000 Series AC2882/50 56-Watt Air Purifier
This air purifier does not have the AeraSense technology, but the other features are same as the one discussed above. Let us have a look.
- VitaShield IPS Protection available
- Effective area of around 38 square metres
- CADR of 115 m3/hr for Formaldehyde and 324 m3/hr for cigarette smoke
- 100% Ozone-free
- HEPA filters ensure 99.97% of allergens
- 4-color air quality indicator
- Superior purification using Activated Carbon filters
- Power consumption of 56 watts
4. Philips 3000 Series AC3256 / 20 60-Watt Aera Sense Air Purifier
A heavy duty air purifier, this air purifier can cover rooms up to 818 square feet. Coming with a 2-year warranty on the product, look at some of the exciting features.
- AeraSense Technology available
- VitaShield IPS ensures complete protection
- NanoProtect S3 Activated Carbon filters to take care of bad odours
- True HEPA filters
- CADR of 367 m3/hr for cigarette smoke
- Real-time PM 2.5 air quality measurement and digital display
- Allergen Mode
- Silent Mode
- 3 special air inlets ensures maximum efficiency and performance
- 60-watt power consumption
5. Philips AC4072 38-Watt Air Purifier
One of the most powerful air purifiers, this product comes with certain special features like Healthy Air protect Lock. Let us look at some excellent features of this product.
- Health Air protect facility eliminates all kinds of bacteria and harmful substances.
- Two True HEPA multi-care filters at Stage 2 and 4.
- Activated Carbon filter at Stage 3
- Air protect alert warns when change of filter is required
- Simple to operate in spite of such high levels of control
- Smart Night Mode
- 4-step light indicators
- 5-speed fans allowing for adjusting fan speed at various levels
- 100% Ozone free
6. Philips AC4025 40-Watt Air Purifier
Made from ABS plastic, this air purifier has one of the strongest exteriors. Let us look at some of the advanced features of this air purifier.
- Dedicated Sleep mode allowing for comfortable sleep with minimum noise
- Healthy Air system
- Air protect system to ensure change of filters at appropriate time
- 3-stage air purification with HEPA filters at the final level
- 3-step fan speed
- Timer functions easy to set
- 100% Ozone free
7. Philips AC4372 / 10 63-Watt Air Purifier
A professional air purifier, if you may call so, this product is one of the most popular air purifiers n this range. Look at some additional features.
- Healthy Air always available
- Healthy Air protect lock
- Child lock to prevent untoward accidents
- 4-step LED indicators for displaying air quality
- Automatic Night Sensor
- Auto Mode available
- Less speed of fans thereby saving power
- 6 settings in fan speed
- Timer functions
- Professional filtering system
- ABS Plastic body
We have seen seven different kinds of Philips air purifiers available in India. Each one of them is a masterpiece. In addition to ensuring purification of indoor air, they consume less electricity thereby making them economical.
Capable of serving rooms of various sizes, these purifiers have great use in countries like India where the quality of indoor air is suspect at many locations. These purifiers come with True HEPA filters.
Some of them have the Activated Carbon filters for improving the odour of the air. Each of these purifiers has VitaShield IPS protection thereby ensuring the elimination of the minutest dust particle.
You have advanced features like indicators to let you know when to change the air filters. It is always important to have high quality Pre Filters to remove the bigger pollutants.
This saves the more expensive filters and ensures the longevity of the equipment. If this machine lives long, it gives purer air thereby increasing the life span of the user as well.
Important features of Philips air purifiers:
You owe a great responsibility towards providing clean and natural air for your family to breathe. Installing the Philips air purifier is one step towards ensuring the same. The major feature of Philips air purifier is the high level of technology they use. They have a commitment to provide pure air inside our homes.
Philips air purifiers and humidifiers work on the following advanced technologies.
VitaShield IPS: The presence of this shield ensures that it removes ultrafine nano particles as minute as 20 nanometres (0.000002 mm) in size. This includes dust particles, bacteria, viruses, and allergens.
AeraSense: This is most advanced cutting-edge sense technology in use today. It guarantees an effective performance and contributes towards improving the quality of indoor air to a great extent.
NanoCloud: This is a humidification technology whereby you ensure the indoor air to have appropriate levels of humidity. The best part of this exercise is that it uses a natural process. This process uses three different types of filters to ensure that you get the purest air to breathe. Let us look at them in brief.
Nano Cloud Technology
The air has to pass through 3 different filters before emerging out in the purest form. They are as follows.
You have now seen some of the best Philips air purifiers available in India, If you have any queries regarding Air Purifier selection, post them in the comments section below and I’ll try to answer them.
- 9 Best Air Purifiers in India, Delhi (2018) – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
- Best Air Purifiers Under ₹15000 in India For Home Use
- Activated Carbon Filter – Working & usage in Air Conditioners, Air Purifiers!
- PM 2.5 Filter (Particulate Matter 2.5) – What they are & How they Work!
- What is a HEPA Filter? How does it work?