If you are looking to buy a Geyser or Water heater to overcome the cold this winter, you are in the right place.
In this post, I am going to list down the Best Geysers, Water heaters in India.
In the winter season, It is extremely challenging in taking those morning showers with the cold water.
Also, we feel sluggish to take a bath when the water is cold. Just install a Geyser or a water heater in your home and enjoy your bath.
Table of Contents
- Things you should consider when buying a Geyser
- Best Water Heater – Geyser
- 1. AO Smith HSE-SDS Water Heater
- 2. Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
- 3. American Micronic Imported Water Heater (15 – 25 Lts)
- 4. Havells Monza EC Storage Water Heater
- 5. Kenstar Jacuzzi KGS15W5P 15-Litre 2000 Watt Storage Water Heater
- 6. Bajaj New Shakti 15 Litre vertical water heater
- 7. Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
- 8. AO Smith EWS-3 3-Litre 3000-Watt Instant Water Heater
- 9. Bajaj Flora 3-Litre 3kW Instant Water Heater
- Best Water Heater/ Geyser Brands in India
- Water Heater/Geyser Buying Guide
Things you should consider when buying a Geyser
- An ideal Geyser or water heater should provide us Hot water within a few minutes. At the same time, it should be very safe and not consume much electricity.
- The size of the family proposing to use the geyser is important.
- Contrary to what people think, the wattage of the water heater does not have any role to play in the consumption of electricity. There are other factors involved too. We shall discuss these factors before you decide on your best water heater.
I am listing the List of Top Geysers based on Technical specifications, Capacity, Power consumption, Design and Compactness of the water heater, Quality of the components, Price, Warranty, User Reviews and Value for money
Best Water Heater – Geyser
1. AO Smith HSE-SDS Water Heater
The AO Smith HSE – SDS water heater is available in two models (15 Litre and 25 Litre Storage tank). The Design of the AO Smith HSE-SDS is Compact and also looks stylish.
The inner tank of this water heater comes with Blue Diamond Glass Lining and is resistant to corrosion. The Heating Element is Glass Coated that helps to prevent scale formation on the surface. Also, the tank has an anode rod that has a stainless steel core that protects the tank from corrosive elements.
There is temperature control Knob that allows you to manually set the temperature. If the temperature exceeds the preset level, the thermal cutout in this water heater cuts off the power supply. This AO Smith Water Heater also comes with a Saftey Value that automatically discharges water in case the pressure is higher than the preset limit.
On the whole, the AO Smith HSE-SDS water heater is one of the best water heaters that is suitable for Hard water also. AO Smith HSE-SDS is rated 4 stars by BEE and comes with 7 years warranty on inner tank and 2 years on the heating element.
- Blue diamond glass lined tank
- BEE 4 Star Rating
- Temperature Range: 25-75 degree centigrade
- Rated Water Pressure: 8 Bar
- 15/25 Litre Storage tank
2. Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
The Crompton Solarium 15 Litre Water Heater is rated 4 Stars by Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Design of this Storage water heater is Appealing, and the Geyser can be easily mounted on your Bathroom wall. The Storage tank capacity of Crompton Solarium is 15 liters and you will you enough Hot water left in the tank even if you take a long shower.
The Geyser has an adjustable temperature knob where you can set the heating temperature according to your requirement.
Once the water temperature reaches the required level, the heating will be automatically stopped. Say thanks to the Auto thermostat feature; you don’t have to worry even if you forget to turn off the water heater. Also, your electricity bill will be saved.
The Crompton Solarium Storage water heater is rated four stars by BEE, and for a family of 4-5 members, the power consumption will be around 150 rupees. If you are looking for a Storage Water Heater or you want to enjoy Hot water showers, the Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815 15-Litre Storage Geyser is the right choice.
- 15-liter capacity
- Nanopolymer coated tank
- 50 percent energy saving
- 8 bar pressure
- 4 Star Rated (According to BEE 2015 Guidelines)
- Customer service number: 18004190505
3. American Micronic Imported Water Heater (15 – 25 Lts)
This water heater is available in 15 Litre and 25 liter Storage options and American Micronic claim that this is the only water heater in India with Energy Saving three power modes (800W/1200W/2000W) and better than BEE 5 Star and IS 2082:1993 & IS 302-2-21 standards.
The inner steel tank (Titanium enamel glass lined tank) of the Amercian Micronic water heater is 2mm thick and handle 8 bar pressure. The Build Quality of this water heater is good and high-quality corrosion resistant metal is used for construction. This water heater comes with 2 Year Replacement Warranty.
- Titanium enamel glass lined tank
- 15 Litres – 25 Litre Storage
- 8 bars pressure
- Magnesium Anode for Corrosion Protection
4. Havells Monza EC Storage Water Heater
Havells Monza Geyser is available in 10, 15 and 25 liter Storage options. If you are not concerned about Budget, Havells Adonia and Adonia Digital are also great options and these models have all the features you expect a top quality water heater to have.
Coming to the Specification, the Havells Monza comes with Feroglass technology that prevents the corrosion of the water tank. This water heater comes with an Adjustable Knob for temperature setting from 25 C to 75 C.
The Havells Monza Geyser comes with an 8-bar pressure rating to ensure that the water heater is suitable even for the high-rise apartments. Havells Monza comes with 5 Years warranty on the inner container and 2 years on the product.
- Feroglas technology
- Incoloy heating element
- Adjustable knob
- Capacity: 10, 15 and 25 liters
- Earth leakage circuit breaker
- Heavy duty anode rod
5. Kenstar Jacuzzi KGS15W5P 15-Litre 2000 Watt Storage Water Heater
Kenstar Jacuzzi 2000 Watt 15-Litre Storage water heater is highly energy efficient and is rated 5 Stars by Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Construction of this water heater is elegant, and the Outer Body is made of rust-free ABS plastic. The Storage Tank is made of durable, rust-resistant stainless steel and can store up to 15 liters of Hot water.
The Kenstar Jacuzzi Geyser fulfill the highest safety standards and the Heating element used in this water heater is certified by ISI. Other safety features include thermal cut-out, safety valve and a siphon plug that ensures the water heating process is entirely safe.
The Product comes with 6 Years warranty on the tank and two years on the Heating element. The Kenstar Jacuzzi Storage water heater can deliver hot water for a medium family of 4-5 members, but there is no temperature control knob.
- 15-liter capacity
- BEE 5-star rating for high energy efficiency
- Rust free body
- Power: 2000 watts
- Warranty: 2-year comprehensive warranty
6. Bajaj New Shakti 15 Litre vertical water heater
Bajaj New Shakti is one of the best-selling Storage water heaters at Amazon. The Bajaj New Shakti Storage Geyser is also rated 4 Stars by BEE. Bajaj has taken multiple safety measures for protection against dry heating, overheating and pressure.
The 15 Litre storage tank of this water Heater is rust-free and is Glassline coated. The Incoloy Heating element is Highly efficient and offers a long life. Bajaj equipped this Geyser with a unique protection device that attracts the harmful salts and keeps the Storage tank and the Heating element safe and corrosion free.
The Product is also suitable for High Pressure and Pressure Pump Installations.
- 15-liter capacity
- 2 KW Heating Element
- Fire Retardant cable with three pins plug.
- Glasslined Coated Inner Tank.
- Rated Pressure 0.70 MPA.
- 4 Star Rated By BEE
- Warranty: 2 years on product
7. Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus 3 Litre Instant water heater is rated 5 Stars by more than 450 users at Amazon. It is the most affordable water heater that you can buy right now at Amazon or Flipkart. This Instant Water Heater comes with 2 Years of Manufacturer warranty. ABS plastic is the material that is used to construct this Geyser, so there will be no chance for Rust and Corrosion.
This 3 Liter Instant Geyser weighs just 3.3 Kg and can be easily mounted on your Bathroom wall. 2 LED Indicators will Light Up when the Water Heater is switched On. The Green LED Indicates the operation of the Geyser whereas the Red LED indicates the power supply.
The Thermostat for the Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus 3-Litre Instant Geyser is pre-set at 55C. The Thermostat will automatically switch off the power supply once the heating element heats up the water to the preset temperature and the Red LED Indicator will be turned off.
The Crompton Greaves Solarium Plus Geyser can give you Hot water in less than 2 minutes. The Instant Water Heater is also safe, ISI certified and Budget oriented.
- Steel tank water heater
- Capacity: 3 liters
- Power: 3000 watts
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Customer service number: 18004190505 (Toll-Free)
8. AO Smith EWS-3 3-Litre 3000-Watt Instant Water Heater
The 3-Litre Instant water Heater from AO Smith comes with a Rust-Proof Outer outer body. Superior Quality plastic is used in the construction of this Geyser. The Design of this AO Smith Instant Geyser is compact and aesthetic. The Geyser weighs just 3.37 kg.
The Heating Element of this Geyser is coated with Glass. Sediment accumulation on the Heating element can cause damage the water heater. But, AO Smith Glass covered heating element prevent scale formation and also extends the life of Geyser.
Also, This 3 Lite Instant water Heater From AO Smith has a high pressure withstanding capacity of 95 psi which makes it ideal for high-rise Appartments and buildings.
The Thermostat in this water heater is fault tolerant. When the water temperature exceeds the preset temperature, then the Thermal cutout cuts the power supply, and the Geyser will be safe.
You can get the Hot Water within a couple of minutes after turning on the AO Smith Instant water heater. The Product comes with 3-Year element warranty and 5 Year tank warranty. On the whole, the AO Smith EWS-3 3-Litre 3000-Watt Instant Water Heater is value for money and is an ideal choice for a small family.
- Glass Coated Heating Element
- Capacity: 3 Liters
- Power Consumption: 3000 W
- Three years element warranty and five years tank warranty
9. Bajaj Flora 3-Litre 3kW Instant Water Heater
The Bajaj Flora comes with 3 liters capacity and efficiently heats up the water for your bath. The Neon Indicators on this Geyser will let you check the power and heating functions.
The 3000W Instant water heater from Bajaj sports a long-life, a tough heating element that can heat up the water within a couple of minutes.
Also, this Geyser meets all standards for Quality and safety. The Cables are fire-proof, and the triple safety system ensures your family is safe from accidents.
Rust-Proof and High Impact Resistant Thermoplastic is used to manufacture the Bajaj Flora Instant Geyser. The water heater is durable and can efficiently function for years. Bajaj Flora Instant water heater is also suitable for Multi-storeyed and high rise buildings.
- Long life heating element
- Neon indicators for power on and heating function
- Power: 3000watts
- Capacity: 3 Liters
- Warranty: 2 years on product and five years on inner tank
- Customer Service Number: 18001025963
Best Water Heater/ Geyser Brands in India
These are the top and best selling water heater brands in India. Among these Havells, Venus, Crompton, and Bajaj are Indian brands while AO Smith, American Micronic and Racold are renowned Global Geyser brands.
Water Heater/Geyser Buying Guide
Water Heaters/Geysers are two types
- Instant Geyser
- Geyser with a Storage Tank
- Read out in-depth guide about Instant Geyser vs Storage Geyser
How to Select the Geyser Size?
If you want more Hot water or you are a person who likes to enjoy long baths with showers opt for a Geyser that comes with a storage tank.
A 10-15 Storage tank is required for a Medium-Large family of 4-6 Members.
Instant water heater with 3-litre storage capacity is suitable for a small family of 2 members.
- Read our in-depth guide about Water heater sizing to find the right one that suits you.
|Size of Family||Manner of intended use||Geyser Type||Ideal Geyser capacity|
|2 to 3 members||Bathing – bucket||Instant||6 litres|
|2 to 3 members||Bathing – bucket||Storage||10 to 15 litres|
|2 to 3 members||Bathing – Shower||Storage||15 to 25 litres|
|2 to 3 members||Washing utensils||Instant||1 to 3 litres|
|4 to 8 members||Bathing – bucket||Storage||25 litres|
|4 to 8 members||Bathing – Shower||Storage||25 litres|
|4 to 8 members||Washing utensils||Instant||1 to 3 litres|
Factors defining consumption of electricity
The wattage mentioned on the water heater is just an indication of the quantity of electric power that the geyser might consume. Let us look at the main defining factors.
The volume of hot water you use is the principal driving factor of electricity consumption. The electricity consumption is directly proportional to the volume of water you use.
Colder water will take a longer time to reach the thermostat temperature. Hence, a water heater will consume more electricity in Delhi as compared to Chennai. This is because of the marked difference in the temperature of input water.
Usually, all geysers have a standard 60C as the thermostat temperature. You have water heaters that have external controls to change this setting.
There is a misconception that water heaters do not lose heat. In fact, they do. This is known as standing loss, the heat lost through the water surface. BEE has a different definition of standing loss.
According to BEE, standing loss is the energy consumed by a water-filled geyser connected to an electric supply without anyone drawing the water. A lot depends on the quality of materials used in the manufacture of the water heater.
- Also, Read Coating and Tank material used in water heaters.
Hot water requirement
The guidelines are very simple to follow. (Source – http://www.teriin.org/ResUpdate/reep/ch_9.pdf)
- Normal bathing using buckets – 15 litres / person
- Shower bath – 25 litres / person
- Bath tub – 35 litres / person
- Washing clothes – 10 litres / person
- Washing utensils – 5 litres / meal
The quantity of water depends on the number of people in the house using the geyser.
This temperature is different from the thermostat value. The ideal bathing temperature is in the range of 35C to 37C. The thermostat temperature is around 60C. This entails that you need to add cold water to the geyser water before taking a bath.
Calculation of Electrical units consumed by water heater
Is this a universal calculation?
The answer is NO. We have taken an ideal solution.
Effect of wattage on water heaters:
Wattage of the geyser has a direct relation with the time taken for heating the water. A 4.5 KW heater will heat the water faster than a 2 KW heater. It can reduce wastage of hot water. However, it does increase the overall load of the house thereby increasing the fixed charge component of the electricity bill.
Some Points To Note
1. If you are living in a place with a colder climate, the water heater will have to work more and extra power will be utilized. A water Heater in Cold North Indian state will consume more electricity than a Geyser in Andhra Pradesh.
2. The More Amount of Hot water you use, the more will be your electricity bill. The Thermostat temperature of most of the Geysers or Water Heaters will be around 60 Degrees Celsius.
Water Heaters will lose some heat, and this is called as standing loss. Always, opt for a Branded water purifier that has high-quality components.
3. Water Heaters wastes electricity when unused hot water is left in the storage tank. Always switch on the water heater before use and switch it off immediately after.
4. Most of the Geysers have a thermostat setting of 60 degrees Celsius which means the water can be heated up to 60 degrees Celsius.
5. Please note that the water having such high temperature is extremely dangerous to human skin and can cause severe first-degree burns. So, Make sure you mix the hot water with some cold water and lower down the temperature.
Geyser For Hard Water
If your water source contains more salts (Hard Water), you have to buy a Geyser that comes with a corrosion resistant tank. You can also install a water softener that converts the Hard water into the soft water, so there will be no damage to the heating element.
The ideal temperature for bathing is about two degrees more than the normal Human body temperature which is 37 degrees Celsius.
If you have any queries regarding the selection of Best Geyser water Heater, Post them in the comments section below, and I’ll answer them.
- Best Havells Geysers in India (2019) Reviews – Storage & Instant
- Best AO Smith Geysers in India (2019) Reviews – Storage & Instant
- Size of Water Heater/Geyser (6, 10,15,25,50 litres) – What size do I need?
- 9 Best Air Conditioners in India (2019) – AC Buying Guide & Reviews!
- 9 Best Washing Machines in India 2019 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
Shiva Kumar is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious!