Are you looking for the best front load washing machine? If Yes, then you are the right place.
Washing machines have become as commonplace as televisions today. Every household has one washing machine.
If it was the Semi-Automatic Washing Machines that were popular some time back, the fully automatic machines rule the market today.
You have two types of fully automatic machines, namely the Top-loading machines and the Front-loading machines.
Depending on the country of usage, the popularity and preference of washing machines change.
Front-load machines have already started making inroads into Indian homes.
These machines are gradually becoming popular because of their inherent advantages. They might seem expensive initially, but save a lot of money in the long run.
Table of Contents
- Best front-loading machines in India
- 1. Bosch 8 kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WAT2446IN
- 2. LG 8.0 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH2G6TDNL42)
- 3. IFB 8 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senator Aqua SX)
- 4. Samsung 8 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WW80J4243MW/TL
- 5. Bosch 7 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – (WAK24168IN)
- 6. IFB 7 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Serena Aqua SXA LDT)
- 7. LG 6.5 Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FHT1065SNL.ALSPEIL)
- 8. Samsung 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WW65M206LOW/TL
- 9. Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK20166IN)
- 10. LG 6 Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH0FANDNL02)
- 11. IFB 6 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Diva Aqua SX)
- 12. Bosch 6 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing machine (WAB16060IN)
- 13. Samsung 6 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WW60M206LMW/TL)
- Front Load Washing machines – Buying Guide
Best front-loading machines in India
Many people have made the switch from the top-loaders to the front-load machines. You have reputed brands available in India like IFB, Bosch, and LG. You have a local brand, namely Onida as well.
Let us review one machine from each brand because the basic functionality of other machines belonging to the same brand is the same.
1. Bosch 8 kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WAT2446IN
Bosch is among the top washing machine manufacturers in the world. Every Bosch washing machine comes with unique features that make washing clothes a pleasurable activity.
This sophisticated washing machine comes with excellent features like Express wash, Active Water technology, Anti-vibration design, Vario Drum, and German engineering.
It comes with exciting functions like prewash and reload that add to the convenience factor. The Vario drum comes with an advanced water flow system to ensure efficient distribution of water and detergent. The waterproof touch panel protects the delicate electrical parts of the machine and makes it safe for the user.
2. LG 8.0 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH2G6TDNL42)
LG products are always the favorite of Indians. You will find a couple of LG products in every home in India. This washing machine ranks right among the best in its segment in the market.
LG washings machines are equal to the international brands with high-quality features like one-touch panel, 6-motion control, Direct Drive technology, and so on
You can increase the water temperature to 85 degrees for cleaning the drum.
3. IFB 8 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senator Aqua SX)
IFB is a market leader in washing machines with a massive market in the US and other countries. It has entered India in a big way as well with its top loading machines being among the first of such machines in the country.
IFB is a top-end washing machine if you have such a nomenclature for washing machines. Some of its excellent features include Cradle wash, Air Bubble wash, Ball valve technology, and so on.
It is an intelligent machine capable of monitoring voltage levels. On identifying voltage levels outside the safe range, the machine stops the program to safeguard your appliance.
Adding clothes after the commencement of the wash cycle is possible. It detects unbalanced clothes and redistributes them to maintain a consistent wash. Time delay function is available whereby you can delay the wash cycle up to 24 hours.
4. Samsung 8 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – WW80J4243MW/TL
Samsung is also an international brand that manufactures some of the high-quality washing machines in India. Along with LG and Whirlpool, Samsung is one of the largest selling washing machine brands in India.
Samsung front-loading washing machines are eco-friendly appliances as it comes with excellent features like Eco Drum and Eco Bubble technology. The Eco Bubble technology allows you to wash large loads at low temperatures as the bubbles activate the detergents to penetrate deep into the fabric and remove stubborn dirt.
The Samsung machine has an elegant design that looks aesthetic and pleasing to the eye. At the same time, it delivers a power-packed performance. It is a smart machine as it comes with an automatic error-monitoring system to detect and diagnose problems using a smartphone app.
5. Bosch 7 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine – (WAK24168IN)
Bosch is one of the earliest brands in India to introduce frontloading machines. This German company manufactures some of the sturdiest devices in the industry.
Bosch guarantees no damage to your clothes because of its best technologies at work. The high points of this machine are its Active Water technology, anti-vibration design, Vario drum, Water Plus, and Speed Perfect features.
The water filter present in the machine ensures that salt deposits do not accumulate on the sides of the drum. The Drum clean function is an efficient one as it keeps the drum disinfected. One of the significant aspects of the machine is the massive drum size.
The reload function lets you open the door early in the cycle to add or remove clothes. The child lock feature is an excellent safety feature.
6. IFB 7 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Serena Aqua SXA LDT)
This IFB 7 Kg washing machine is ideal for the Indian nuclear families of 3 to 4 members. IFB machines come with the latest features that make them the best washing machines in their segment.
IFB washing machines are sturdy while being gentle at the same time. They come with state-of-the-art features like Cradle wash, Aqua Energie, 2D Wash system, and so on to deliver a fantastic washing performance every time you use it.
The Tub clean feature cleans the drum and prevents limescale formation. This machine is a safe one as it monitors voltage fluctuations and power cuts. The child lock feature prevents children from playing with the controls.
7. LG 6.5 Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FHT1065SNL.ALSPEIL)
LG produces washing machines to suit families of varying sizes. This 6.5 Kg washing machine is ideal for a family of 3 to 4 persons. It comes with several innovative features to enhance the washing experience.
Trust LG to come up with innovative solutions to enhance your washing experience. Spa Steam technology is one of them.
The waterproof touch panel is an excellent safety measure, and so is the child lock system. This machine is durable as it comes with a stainless steel drum instead of a plastic one.
8. Samsung 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WW65M206LOW/TL
Along with LG, Samsung is a favorite Indian brand of washing machines that understand Indian conditions. Hence, you find people preferring these brands to some of the reputed international ones.
Samsung washing machines come with a digital inverter motor whereby it reduces vibrations and noise. Volt Control technology takes care of power cuts and voltage fluctuations. This machine comes with ceramic heaters that not only save energy but also prevent limescale build up.
This machine has a Quick Wash feature that saves valuable time. This facility cleans your lightly soiled clothes in double-quick time thereby conserving water and energy.
9. Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK20166IN)
Bosch washing machines come with simple, user-friendly control that makes it a pleasure to operate. It has some of the latest features to ensure an enlightening washing experience.
Bosch machines work on the latest technologies that do not cause any damage to your clothes. These machines use German engineering designs to provide an incredible washing experience to users.
Bosch machines have the largest drum size in its segment. Drum clean technology removes lint and toxic waste to provide better washing results. It is a safe machine because of features like Volt Check to take care of voltage fluctuations and child lock to prevent children from mishandling the device.
10. LG 6 Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH0FANDNL02)
LG washing machines come with features that suit Indian conditions. It explains why these machines are the perennial Indian favorites.
LG’s 6-motion control technology ensures the care of your fabrics by moving the wash drum in multiple directions. The heater system in this washing machine enables elimination of stubborn stains.
The physical features of this machine such as Inverter Direct Drive, waterproof control panel, and the auto-restart mechanism make this washing machine one of the most sought-after designs in India.
This machine caters to your baby’s clothes by keeping water warm at 40 degrees and raising it gradually to 60 degrees to ensure the removal of allergens from the fabrics. The child lock settings prevent the children from mishandling the controls and thus avoid accidents.
11. IFB 6 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Diva Aqua SX)
IFB machines are now available in small sizes to suit the requirement of couples and single individuals. The benefit is that there is no compromise on the operational aspects at all.
The specialty of IFB washing machines is that it allows you to add or remove clothes during a washing cycle. The 2D wash system ensures proper mixing of water and detergent to deliver a cleaner wash. The crescent moon grooves on the drum protect the fabric from damage.
IFB machines are the only ones in the market to come with a 4-year warranty. The company also pledges a 10-year support program for spare parts.
12. Bosch 6 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing machine (WAB16060IN)
Bosch washing machines deliver excellent wash performances while saving water and energy at the same time. These machines come with unique features to provide an incredible washing experience.
Bosch machines are intelligent in the sense that they sense the load and types of fabrics before deciding the water level and wash cycle. Active Water technology is a novelty with Bosch machines.
This machine is capable of working at low water pressure. It makes the least noise of all machines in its niche. The Volt Check technology protects the appliance from voltage fluctuations.
13. Samsung 6 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WW60M206LMW/TL)
Samsung washing machines are ideal for Indian conditions because they come with tailor-made solutions for local problems such as heavy water, power outages, and so on.
The digital inverter technology is the highlight of this washing machine. It saves energy, makes less noise, and also comes with a 10-year warranty cover. The Volt Control function protects the appliance from voltage fluctuations and power outages.
This washing machine has an elegant design with an ergonomically designed dial for controlling the various washing operations. It also comes with a touch-button LCD to give vital information.
Front Load Washing machines – Buying Guide
They have valid reasons for doing so as well because there is a great difference in the way people wash clothes in India and abroad. Let us look at some of the differences in preferences.
Difference in preference
People in India are used to washing clothes in semi-automatic machines. These machines are top loading machines. Hence, when people graduate to the fully-automatic ones, they naturally prefer the top-loading machines.
In the case of foreign countries, people have made this transition much earlier. Hence, you find them adapting easily to the front-loading machines.
Secondly, there are advantages of front-loading machines. They use less water in comparison to the top-loading ones.
Today, you have washing machines that heat water before commencing the washing cycle. Under such circumstances, the front-loading machines save electricity because they use less water. At the same time, they have longer wash cycles.
Drying of clothes is more pronounced in the front-loading machines. Let us look into the individual advantages and disadvantages of the front-loading machines before taking the decision to buy one.
Front-loading machines – Benefits
- Front-loading machines score very high on the attraction quotient with their glass doors and chrome accents.
- These machines come in comparatively larger capacities thereby allowing you to wash clothes like comforters and other bulky items.
- You do not see these machines having agitators or impellers in the wash tub. Hence, this leaves you with greater space and a comparatively gentler washing action.
- There is ample space on top of the machines to stack the dryers. Hence, you tend to save a lot of space in your homes.
- Compared to the top-loading machines, these front-loaders use less water and detergents.
- As far as performance and fabric care is concerned, these machines are excellent.
Front-loaders – Drawbacks
Just as you have the advantages, there are disadvantages of using these machines as well. A balanced homemaker will factor these drawbacks as well before choosing the right machine for her home. Let us list out some of the drawbacks for you.
- The front loading machines entail bending the backs for both loading and unloading activity. This can be a tough exercise form many people, especially as they grow older.
- They can buy bases for placing the front-loading machines at a comfortable height, but these bases can be expensive thereby increasing the overall investment.
- The washing tubs require a higher degree of maintenance to avoid the formation of moulds and mildew. These formations can give out unpleasant odours as well.
- Compared to the top-loaders, these machines are undeniably larger. Hence, you end up using more space on the ground. Space can be at a premium in many Indian homes.
Front-loading machines – Precautions to take
Front loaders – FAQs
1. How can front-load machines be termed as economical?
One has to agree that front-load machines are expensive initially. However, over a period they save you money by way of lesser consumption of electricity, water, and detergents.
2. Does using less water and detergents affect the cleaning of clothes?
It does not affect the cleaning procedure in any way. This is because the front-loaders have sensors that automatically adjust the quantity of water depending on the weight of the load. Of course, you do not see much water while the process is on. That does not result in an inferior wash.
3. What is the optimum temperature for cleaning clothes?
You have machines in the market that are capable of giving high-quality washes with temperatures as low as 30 degrees as well. These machines are carefully programmed to provide an optimum washing experience.
4. Do you experience tangling of clothes in these machines?
The front-load machines use a tumbling action as compared to the spinning action in the top-loading machines. You do not have agitators and impellers in these machines. Hence, you do not experience any tangling of clothes. You can also use mesh bags to put on the heavier clothes.
We have just seen the basic features, advantages and disadvantages of front load washing machines. If you have any queries regarding the selection of best front load washing machine, post them in the comments section below and I’ll try to answer them.