In this post, I am going to list down the best food processors in India.
Compare the Indian kitchens of the early 1970s to the kitchens of today.
You will find one glaring difference. Yes, we are referring to the grinding stone.
It used to be an integral part of every Indian kitchen until the arrival of the mixie (the mixer, grinder, and blender).
You have improvisations in the form of the dry grinder, the wet grinder, the food processor, and so on.
These appliances have made it more comfortable for the Indian woman today.
Let us look at some of the best food processors in India (not in any particular order of preference) before providing you helpful insights into buying the best one available on the market.
Table of Contents
- Best food processors in India 2019
- 1. Inalsa Fiesta 650-Watt Food Processor
- 2. Inalsa Wonder Maxie plus V2 700-Watt Food Processor
- 3. Philips Food Processor HL 1660 700W
- 4. Inalsa Inox 1000-Watt Food Processor
- 5. Wonderchef Turbo Dual Speed Food Processor
- 6. Bajaj Food Factory FX 11 600-Watt Food Processor
- 7. Philips Daily Collection HR7629/90 650-Watt Mini Food Processor
- 8. Inalsa Craze Dx 700-Watt Food Processor
- 9. Inalsa Maxie Premia 800-Watt Food Processor
- Buying Guide – Food processors
Best food processors in India 2019
1. Inalsa Fiesta 650-Watt Food Processor
The food processor is the complete kitchen appliance as it takes care of almost all the aspects except cooking. You can easily call Inalsa Fiesta as the perfect Man Friday of the modern Indian woman.
Be it chopping vegetables, grinding herbs or spices, juicing, kneading the dough, and so on, the Inalsa Fiesta puts its hands up for every job. Let us look at some of the salient features of this food processor.
- The chopping blade helps you to chop the vegetables as finely as possible.
- The kneader blade ensures that the master of the kitchen need not struggle to knead the chapatti dough with her hands.
- The egg whisker does the job of whisking and blending the eggs beautifully.
- If you feel the need to have a glass of fresh juice, you can summon the assistance of the centrifugal juicer to do the job for you.
- Shredding your green vegetables has never been easier before.
- The cutter (fine and coarse) and the shredder (fine and coarse) cater to the most challenging of all tasks in the kitchen admirably.
- The French fry cutter is the perfect one for preparing the mouth-watering starters.
- The spatula completes the combination of different attachments for you.
- You get two jars, a blending jar and a grinding jar along with these attachments.
2. Inalsa Wonder Maxie plus V2 700-Watt Food Processor
Bid goodbye to the messy kitchens as you usher in a new era of the Inalsa Wonder Maxie plus Food processor. This food processor reduces a lot of load from the shoulders of the master of the modern Indian kitchen.
From grinding chutneys to chopping and mincing vegetables, you can do everything using this food processor. Kneading your dough is an easy task for this appliance. Look at some of the handy features of this wonderful kitchen aid.
- You have different blades for cutting, chopping, shredding, and mincing your vegetables, spices, and pulses.
- Kneading the chapatti atta is never a messy affair now with this food processor doing the most challenging jobs for you.
- Whipping cream from your milk or beating your eggs becomes easy thereby saving you a lot of time.
- Have a glass of fresh fruit juice including the citrus juices if you feel tired. This appliance has a separate juicer attachment for you.
- The French Fries cutter is a fantastic attachment to have.
- Mashing potatoes is a simple task now with this appliance
- The unbreakable jars are large enough to cater to the standard Indian family of four to five persons.
- You get four different types of jars along with this food processor.
- The overload protector prevents any damage caused due to overloading of your food items.
- Process your food at three different speeds depending on the requirement.
3. Philips Food Processor HL 1660 700W
With Philips, you get excellent quality. This food processor is such that you cannot operate it unless you have assembled the appliance in the right manner. It can do a variety of jobs like grinding, liquidising, grating, chopping, atta kneading, juicing, and slicing, and so on.
You get the Philips food processor with a 2-year warranty. It runs on Power Chop technology thereby delivering a better performance than any other food processor. Here are some of the exquisite features of this handy appliance.
- The 700-watt motor is an efficient one that produces an all-round performance
- The Power Chop technology is a unique one as it uses a combination of blade shape, cutting angle, and an inner bowl that provides an exemplary chopping result.
- The 2-speed settings and pulse ensures you have maximum control
- The food processor comes with dishwasher-safe accessories
- Assembling this food processor is easy.
- It has high quality stainless steel jars to enable better grinding of batters, pastes, and purees. You can also make milkshakes and lassi in the same jar.
- The sturdy base ensures that the appliance stays stable while kneading the dough
- The centrifugal juicer is perfect for preparing juice from hard and soft fruits.
4. Inalsa Inox 1000-Watt Food Processor
Inalsa Inox can enhance your cooking experience as it produces some of the best food processors in the business. The 1000-watt food processor is a powerful one capable of dealing with all activities to help you prepare the most delicious dishes for your near and dear ones.
The 2.4-litre bowl is a gigantic one. You have three more jars for dry and wet grinding. The centrifugal juicer is excellent for preparing citrus juices as well.
- The speed regulating knob allows you to control the speed and maintain consistency in cooking your favourite dishes. The 3-speed rotary switch lets you customize the speed according to your requirements.
- This food processor comes with five different functional SS disc blades for performing a variety of kitchen tasks such as kneading and chopping in addition to the regular grinding, chopping, and mincing.
- The citrus press ensures you get more juice from your citrus fruits. You save time while extracting a higher quantity of juice.
- The advantage is that the press has a non-toxic certified lead-free coating thereby making it safe.
- This processor has separate jars for wet grinding, dry grinding, and juicing. You have a small jar for grinding chutneys.
- The centrifugal juicer is perfect for extracting juice from all types of fruits and vegetables like apples and carrots and so on.
5. Wonderchef Turbo Dual Speed Food Processor
We have seen four mechanised food processors up to now. Let us now look at the manual food processor that can do the job adequately. The manual food processor comes with a two gear system, one for power and the other for speed.
The sharp blades ensure quick cutting and chopping of vegetables. It comes with a whipping arrangement for mixing the dough and beating eggs.
- The excellent design ensures to provide an excellent experience. Chopping meat and vegetables are easy with this manual food processor.
- Kneading the dough and making the batter for pastries is also easy.
- The dual speed manual food processor is a novel one. The first gear chops the food into more significant chunks whereas the second step ensures the perfect chopping and mincing of food.
- Use different blades for chopping, grating, mincing, and kneading.
- Ice crushing is also a simple task using this manual food processor
- This appliance comes with a special whipping for mixing and beating eggs, making yogurt, and cream.
6. Bajaj Food Factory FX 11 600-Watt Food Processor
Bajaj has a reputation for providing reliability. Hence, it is no surprise that they continue the trend while manufacturing this food processor. It is a handy appliance capable of performing multiple functions as it helps out with the tedious and time-consuming jobs.
It not only makes cooking more comfortable than before but also ensures that the food maintains its high quality of taste. Here are some of the salient features of this food processor.
- The 3-speed setting has a pulse function for momentary operation.
- The stainless steel and polycarbonate jars are of high food grade material
- This food processor is a multi-functional appliance capable of chopping, slicing, shredding, and grating your vegetables and other food items with ease.
- Whipping creams for cakes and pastries and preparing delicious purees is an easy task now.
- This appliance comes with a small jar attachment for making chutneys, a favourite Indian dish.
- The 600-watt motor is a powerful one as it performs efficiently. The motor overload protector is a precautionary arrangement.
- The interlocking system helps in preventing accidental injuries.
- The durable body ensures a classical design.
7. Philips Daily Collection HR7629/90 650-Watt Mini Food Processor
The Philips Food Processor is a compact one in many respects. Use it for a variety of kitchen jobs such as cutting, mincing, grating, grinding, whipping, juicing, and slicing, and so on.
Compared to other similar products in its niche, this food processor has a larger feeding tube. Let us look at the other admirable features of this food processor.
- The 2-speed settings and pulse arrangement for whipping cream and beating eggs is perfect for the Indian kitchen.
- The larger feeding tube results in saving pre-cutting time of fruits and vegetables.
- Increase the volume and fluffiness of the egg whites and cream by using the emulsifying tool.
- The 650-watt motor is a powerful one and economical as well.
- The food processor comes with a citrus press arrangement for preparing fresh juice
- The 2.1-litre bowl enables you to blend up to 5 portions in a single attempt.
- The Power chop technology ensures an excellent job as it provides a highly superior experience of cutting and mincing vegetables and fruits
- The absence of the inner shaft ensures there is no mess as you use this food processor.
- The strong stainless steel S-blade is perfect for chopping vegetables.
- Get the best experience of slicing and shredding with the reversible stainless steel disc.
- Each of the accessories is dishwasher safe.
8. Inalsa Craze Dx 700-Watt Food Processor
Inalsa is a favourite with many households because it manufactures some of the most powerful and economical food processors in the business. Quality wise, it is right up there along with the rest.
You get a lot of useful attachments that help you perform almost every tedious job in the kitchen for you. This food processor does the job of many appliances put together.
- This food processor enables you to prepare a variety of recipes.
- The 3-speed settings and pulse ensure you have maximum control.
- The longer feeding tube entails that you do not have to cut the vegetables and fruits before insert them into the appliance. It also prevents you for any untoward injuries.
- Whipping, whisking, and emulsifying eggs are an easy job with this processor.
- The 700-watt motor is a powerful one.
- Kneading the dough for making atta for chapattis is no longer a challenging task.
- The 3 multi-purpose jars are of high quality. They are break resistant and transparent.
- The unique locking system prevents the appliance from starting in case you do not assemble the components in the right manner.
- The centrifugal juicer is ideal for extracting fresh juice from fruits and vegetables.
9. Inalsa Maxie Premia 800-Watt Food Processor
Here you have one more product from the Inalsa food processor stable. The only difference between this product and the ones discussed earlier is the power of the motor.
This food processor comes with an 800-watt motor thereby making it a powerful appliance. The appliance is also an elegant-looking one with its sleek design. Let us look at some of the defining features of this food processor.
- The break resistant transparent jar is the highlight of this food processor.
- Kneading the dough for your atta is no longer a challenging task.
- Grinding your spices to make chutneys is also possible because this appliance has an additional dry grinder jar attachment.
This processor comes with various blades such as chopper blades, kneading blades, mincing blades, grating blades, and so on.
- The centrifugal juicer is ideal for preparing fresh fruit and vegetable juices. The citrus juicer is perfect to cater to the citrus fruits like sweet lime, oranges, grapefruit, and so on.
Buying Guide – Food processors
Imagine the number of kitchen appliances you need to cook a decent meal for a family of four to five members. The Indian cuisine is such you need a variety of chutneys, a couple of curries, vegetables, chapattis, juices, and so on.
In the olden days, you had the grinding stones for grinding these spices. People used to knead the dough using their hands. The invention of the mixie changed everything. People started using this appliance for preparing their chutneys and purees.
The grinder came next. It helped a lot in grinding ingredients like spices, coriander, tamarind, turmeric, and so on. However, there was a need for a comprehensive kitchen appliance that could take care of all the tasks mentioned above.
The food processor is the right appliance for you. Let us look at the various factors you should look into while purchasing a food processor.
What is a food processor?
Factors to look for when buying a food processor
We have covered almost all aspects of the food processors. It should make your job of buying one for your house an easy one. Let us now look at some of the frequently asked questions and answers about food processors.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are these food processors dishwasher safe?
Other than the motor, all the parts (removable) of the food processor are safe to use in a dishwasher.
2. Can you chop hard vegetables and frozen meat in these food processors?
Yes, you can. However, you should be careful about frozen meat. It is better to thaw the meat before inserting it into the food processor. There are chances of the appliance heating up and causing system damage.
3. What is the use of the choppers?
The chopper attachment has tremendous utility for chopping vegetables like onions, coriander leaves, potatoes, and so on. You can also use it to shred cheese, cabbage, carrots, and other similar vegetables. Mincing meat is also easy using the chopper attachment.
4. How do you puree hard ingredients?
It is advisable to chop the hard ingredients into small portions before you puree them. Add them gradually instead of stuffing into the food processor.
5. Should I alter the speed of the food processor while shredding?
Yes, you should reduce the speed of the food processor motor while shredding, grating, and slicing, especially when you use soft ingredients. However, when you have harder vegetables, it is better to increase the speed.
6. Can I use the primary attachment for kneading dough?
Most of the food processors come with a separate attachment for kneading the dough. It is better to use this attachment. You can however, use the primary attachment for mixing cake dough.
7. Should I crush ice in a jug blender?
Yes, it is easy to crush ice in a jug blender. Place the ice cubes inside the blender with the motor switched off. Replace the lid and then switch on the motor.
8. I find that my food processor does not turn on at times. It is a new one. What is the problem?
The modern food processors come with a unique locking system that does not let the food processor start if you have not assembled the attachments correctly. The bowl should fit perfectly. You should also close the jars with their respective lids and lock them before starting the food processor.
9. Suddenly I find that my food processor has stopped. Why is it so?
The only reason could be an overload of the ingredients. You should remove some ingredients and try starting the appliance again. It will do so.
10. Can I use the food processor to prepare fruit and vegetable juices?
Yes, you can use the food processor to prepare fresh juices. However, it is difficult to extract juice from very hard vegetables and fruits using the food processor. Some of the appliances come with citrus juicers in addition to the centrifugal juicers.
11. Is it possible to grate coconuts?
Yes, you can grate coconuts using these appliances. However, you should remove the soft white portions of the coconuts from the shells before adding them to the food processor.
12. Can you extract juice from sugarcane in these appliances?
No, you cannot extract juice from sugarcane using the food processors.
13. Is it possible to whisk eggs and whip up my favourite lassi?
Yes, there are special attachments that help you to whisk eggs. You can also prepare your favourite lassi and other drinks using these food processors.
We have covered all aspects of food processors. These appliances have come to stay in the modern Indian kitchen. The grinding stone and wheel have become extinct today as India marches ahead on the technology front.
Shiva Kumar is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious!