Are you looking to buy a Split AC to beat the summer heat?
In this post, I am going to list down the Best 1 Ton Split ACs in India.
A 1 ton split AC is best suited for small bedrooms up to 120 sq ft.
In case your room has multiple windows or your room is situated above the 3rd floor and sunlight directly falls on the room walls, you have to opt for a 1.5 Ton Split AC.
If the Room temperature is more than 40 degrees and the usage of the Air Conditioner is high, it will be better to opt for an Inverter Split AC.
The Inverter ACs are more efficient and save more energy than non-Inverter 5 Star Air Conditioners.
All the FAQ about Air Conditioners is mentioned below. If you have any queries, post them in the comments section, and I’ll try to answer them.
Here is a quick comparison table
|1. LG PS-Q13YNZE|
|1 Ton, 5 Star|
571.99 Units / Year
|2. Blue Star IC309RBTU|
|0.8 Ton, 3 Star|
521.6 Units / Year
|3. Lloyd GLS12I35WSHL|
|1 Ton, 3 Star|
746.76 Units / Year
|4. Panasonic NU12XKYWA|
|1 Ton, 5 Star|
589.14 Units / Year
|5. Samsung AR12BYMANWK|
|1 Ton, 4 Star|
624.48 Units / Year
Best 1 Ton Split ACs in India
1. Blue Star 0.8-tons 3-Star Inverter Split AC – IC309RBTU
This Blue Star AC should be an ideal appliance if you have a medium-sized bedroom with an area up to 100 square feet.
- Inverter Compressor
- 0.8-ton capacity
- 3-Star energy rating
- ISEER Value of 3.92
- Power consumption of 521.6 units per annum
- One-year warranty on the product and condenser, and ten years on the compressor
- Copper condenser coil and anti-corrosive gold fins
- Four cooling modes
- R32 refrigerant
The highlight of this Blue Star AC is its inverter compressor that runs at variable speeds, depending on the heat load. Thus, it ends up saving considerable power.
The BEE Star label shows power consumption at 521.6 units per annum. In addition, the Eco Mode slows down the compressor and reduces pressure on the condenser to enhance power efficiency.
Copper condenser coils make this air conditioner durable and easy to maintain. While copper coils can be more expensive than aluminum, they have better corrosion-resistant properties. In addition, the anti-corrosive gold fins ensure against dust and water accumulation to enhance the appliance’s durability.
The exciting aspect of this AC is its ability to work comfortably even if the temperature outside reaches 50 degrees Celsius. In addition, the Turbo Cool feature ensures faster and more effective during summer.
Features like 2-way auto swing and Comfort Sleep mode make it more comfortable. In addition, the smart diagnosis feature helps detect operational faults to protect the AC from damage.
The Self-Clean mode is handy to remove dust and mold within the indoor unit. As you switch off the AC, this mode causes the device to run for a few more minutes to dry the indoor unit’s coils and ensure fresh air delivery the next time you switch on the AC.
- Variable speed compressor ensures power savings.
- The hidden display adds to the attractive looks.
- Quick cooling makes it a suitable appliance.
- The AC lacks horizontal swing.
- The remote does not have a backlight.
2. LG 1-Ton 5-Star AI Dual Inverter Split AC – 2022 Model, PS-Q13YNZE
The 2022 LG AC models are different from their predecessors because of the innovative AI features that add to your comfort and ensure excellent power savings simultaneously.
- AI Dual inverter
- 1-ton capacity, ideal for rooms up to 110 square feet
- 5-star rating with ISEER Value of 4.70
- Annual electricity consumption of 571.99 units
- Copper condenser coils with Ocean Black protection
- One-year warranty on the AC, five years on the PCB, and ten years on the compressor
- Convertible 6-in-1 cooling
- ADC sensors for enhanced protection
- R32 refrigerant
- Various operational modes
- Anti-virus protection
The use of AI distinguishes this LG AC model from its peer models. AI enables the compressor to work at variable speeds, depending on the heat load to save power.
The 6-in-1 cooling feature allows the compressor to work at varying capacities ranging from 40% to 110%, depending on your requirements. In addition, the AI Convertible mode allows the AC to function at +/-2 degrees Celsius from the set temperature to provide the best comfort.
This LG AC features an HD filter with anti-virus protection to purify the air circulating inside the room. In addition, ocean Black protection on the copper condenser and evaporator coils prevents corrosion and enhances the appliance’s durability, especially in coastal areas.
The low-gas detection feature prevents the AC from working at low refrigerant levels. It indicates that the appliance is due for a gas refill. R32 refrigerant is an eco-friendly coolant.
Features like Smart Diagnosis and Self Diagnosis save time by identifying operational faults on time.
Other excellent features include 4-way Air Swing, stabilizer-free operations, different operational modes, auto restart, and auto clean.
The ADC sensors save energy and protect the AC from damage due to excessive heat and electrical fluctuations.
- One of the most energy-efficient appliances
- 6-in-1 convertible cooling is an excellent feature
- High-quality refrigerant with low ozone depletion potential
- The remote takes time to acclimatize.
- It does not have a built-in Wi-Fi
3. Sanyo 1-ton 5-star Inverter Split AC – 10T5SCIA
When it comes to experience, very few companies can stand up to Sanyo. This company has a seven-decade history of manufacturing some of the best consumer-durable appliances in the world. Thus, you can expect perfection when you purchase a Sanyo AC.
- Split AC with inverter compressor – Variable speed increases the efficiency
- 1-ton capacity – suitable for small rooms
- 5-star rating – high energy savings
- Copper condenser coils – reduces maintenance expenses considerably
- R32 refrigerant – no ozone depletion potential
- One-year warranty on the product and the condenser, with five years on the compressor
The highlight of the Sanyo AC is Full Inverter Technology. This technology works with varying motor speeds depending on the AC usage. Thus, it ends up providing high-quality performance with excellent savings.
The best features of this Sanyo are the filters that help to purify the air inside the room. This AC features PM2.5 filters and dust filters to remove dust, pollen, and other suspended particles. The Glacier Mode ensures to provide high-quality cooling at your fingertips.
Switching on this mode allows the fans to rotate at high speeds to deliver instant cooling.
This AC comes with a sleep function that adjusts the temperature at night to provide a comfortable sleeping experience.
This AC comes with an Auto-Restart feature that resumes the functioning of the AC from the original settings at the time of the power cut.
The Eco Function present in this AC optimises the performance of the AC by saving electricity. The copper condenser coils ensure faster heat dissipation and resist corrosion, thereby increasing the lifespan of the AC.
This AC comes with hydrophilic fins that provide excellent protection against rust and salt damage.
The self-diagnosis feature is useful because it displays the error codes on the temperature display unit, thereby guiding the technicians to troubleshoot quickly. Another positive feature of this AC is the backlit remote. Now, you do not have to grope in the dark for the right settings on the remote.
This AC has a 5-star BEE rating that implies excellent power savings. The R32 refrigerant is an environmentally-friendly gas that does not cause any ozone depletion.
Other features include the timer function that allows you to switch off the AC at a specific time. The hidden display feature hides the temperature display to give an aesthetic look to this AC.
- Providing high-quality cooling while consuming less power
- Self-diagnosis feature to help in its repair
- Auto Restart feature
- Does not come with an in-built stabiliser
- Installation charges are a bit high
4. Daikin 1-ton 5-star Inverter Split AC – FTKF35TV
If LG is an all-rounder, Daikin is a specialist. This company manufactures some of the best ACs in the world. This specific model is one of the best ACs in India under Rs 45,000, somewhere around the same price as that of the model discussed earlier. It comes with excellent features, some of which are,
- Split AC with inverter – excellent performance with low noise, and high savings
- 1-ton capacity – ideal for modern-day Indian 10 X 10 bedrooms
- 5-star energy rating – high-quality power savings with an ISEER of 5.80
- Copper condenser coils – better cooling with low maintenance
- R32 refrigerant – no ozone depletion
- One-year warranty on the product and condenser with five years on the compressor
On the infrastructure front, this AC ranks among the best. Neo-swing compressor technology has multiple advantages. It reduces friction and vibration and prevents the leakage of gas during compression activity. Thus, you have an efficient and noiseless performer.
The Econo Mode, also known as the Power-Saving Mode, limits the maximum power consumption, especially when there are multiple electrical devices in the same room. Therefore, you end up with a reduced electricity bill.
The Power Chill Operation ensures cooling the room in the quickest possible time. Hence, it is an ideal appliance to have if you need immediate relief from the scorching heat of the summer months.
Families love Daikin ACs because they emit the lowest noise among all ACs. In the Quiet Operation Mode, the noise levels come down to a whisper to enable your baby to have a peaceful sleep at night.
The Coanda Airflow feature provides radiant cooling by circulating the air to all the nooks and corners in the room, thereby creating a fantastic ambience.
- Exemplary performance while making the lowest noise
- High-quality circulation to provide excellent comfort
- Saves power
- Installation issues, especially by the service engineers
- Service personnel not adequately equipped
5. Panasonic 1-Ton 5-Star – Wi-Fi Inverter Split AC – CS/CU-NU12XKYW
Panasonic AC comes equipped with state-of-the-art connectivity features to enhance the overall convenience and comfort levels and deliver high-quality performances every time.
- Wi-Fi Split AC with inverter compressor – Variable speeds to suit your requirements
- One ton capacity – suitable for small bedrooms
- 5-Star energy rating – high on power savings, ISEER: 4.6
- Copper condenser coil with Shield Blu technology – Anti-corrosion technology
- MirAIe Connected Living – Smart AC features
The MirAIe platform is this AC’s sterling highlight as it connects and allows access to Panasonic ACs in one place. It enhances performance levels by offering inbuilt intelligent diagnostics and detecting issues in advance.
MirAIe helps control your AC anywhere with a simple tap on your smartphone. You can control the AC using your voice commands as this AC is compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant.
The MirAIe customized sleep profile allows you to pre-set temperature profiles through the night for a comfortable sleeping experience.
The Panasonic ACs work on high fan speeds to deliver instant cooling. It can also work as a dehumidifier and remove excess moisture from the room during the rainy season.
The PM2.5 filter and the Catechin filter work in tandem to ensure pure air delivery by trapping dust particles smaller than 2.5 micrometres and deactivating odour-causing bacteria.
This AC is built to withstand the toughest of climatic conditions. The Shield Blu Technology provides the ideal anti-corrosion protection to the AC’s critical components.
The R32 refrigerant protects the condenser from accidental fire and also ensures zero damage to the ozone layer.
The stabilizer-free operation ensures uninterrupted functioning even during extreme power fluctuations.
- Shield Blu protection enhances the AC’s overall lifespan.
- R32 refrigerant is an eco-friendly coolant.
- 100% copper coils enable quicker heat dissipation.
- Not ideal for large rooms
- A bit expensive compared to its peers
6. LG 1-Ton 3-Star Inverter Split AC, MS-Q12YNXA
Here is another LG product with impeccable features that qualify it to become the favourite of homemakers all over India. This 3-star AC offers high-quality cooling and energy-saving to win everyone’s heart.
- Split AC with inverter compressor – power-packed performance with the minimum of noise
- One ton capacity – perfect for the modern Indian bedroom
- 3-star energy rating – energy consumption of fewer than two units per day, ISEER Value: 3.95
- Copper components with Ocean Black Protection – Maximum resistance to corrosion
- 4-in-1 Cooling – As per your requirements
This LG AC draws its power from a dual inverter compressor with a wider rotational frequency to save energy while delivering quicker cooling performance. The 4-in-1 convertible feature where the AC works at 100%, 80%, 60%, and 40% is an invaluable asset depending on your requirements.
This AC features 100% copper components to ensure better heat dissipation and cooling.
The outdoor and indoor unit’s components get an additional protection layer in Ocean Black Fin technology to prevent damage to the parts from corrosive elements present in the environment.
If you want instant cooling, this is the ideal AC to depend on because the Himalaya Cool technology ensures higher fan speeds to deliver a quicker cooling experience.
Similarly, the silent compressor operation provides complete peace of mind when sleeping.
One of the sterling aspects is the Auto Clean feature that ensures the condenser and evaporator pipes become dry after every usage to discourage bacterial and mold accumulation. Thus, you get fresh air every time you switch on the AC.
Besides saving energy, this air conditioner is an eco-friendly appliance because it uses R32 refrigerant, one of the industry’s most efficient coolants.
The smart diagnosis feature makes it convenient for you to diagnose errors and help in efficient maintenance. Similarly, the low gas detection feature detects low gas levels and assists in timely maintenance.
This appliance is a safe one because it can work in a high input voltage range of 120V to 290V. Thus, it prevents voltage fluctuations from affecting its performance.
- Efficient performance because of the dual inverter compressor
- Saves energy due to 4-in-1 convertible cooling
- Ocean Black Fin protection enhances the appliance’s overall lifespan.
- The remote needs improvement.
7. Voltas 1-ton 3-star Inverter Split AC – VDZU2
Voltas is the oldest Indian company manufacturing ACs. Hence, you get tons of experience as an added advantage when you purchase the 1-ton 3-star Voltage AC. This AC, one of the best ACs in India under Rs 35,000, comes with some of the most fascinating features.
- Split AC with inverter compressor – quick cooling with power saving
- One-ton capacity – best for rooms up to 100 square feet in area
- 3-star energy rating – Average savings
- Copper Condenser coils – high on performance and durability
- R410A refrigerant gas – Effective alternative to R32
The positive aspect of this Voltas AC is the DC inverter technology that reduces power consumption by maintaining the temperature at ideal levels. As it does not switch on and off frequently, it not only saves current but also does not make any noise.
The high-ambient cooling feature ensures uniform cooling of the room even at temperatures ranging more than 50 degrees Centigrade. The Advanced Air Purification function provides clean and pure air to breathe by filtering all the pollutants and bad odors.
The copper condenser coils are excellent because of their heat dissipation features. Copper is also a corrosion-resistant metal as compared to aluminum. Hence, Voltas AC is a durable appliance.
The Voltas AC comes with an in-built stabilizer that takes care of all kinds of voltage fluctuations. This stabilizer comes with both step-up and step-down facilities, thereby eliminating the need for an external stabilizer.
The Active dehumidifier is an ideal feature to have in the monsoon months, as it controls the humidity in the air. This AC is one of the eco-friendliest appliances available today.
Other exciting features include the multi-stage filtration control for removing allergens and other pollutants from the indoor air. The 4-way auto-louver function ensures uniform distribution of cold air throughout the room.
The low energy torque control feature enables the maintaining of a constant temperature, thereby proving to be an energy-saving feature.
- Excellent brand reputation
- High-quality performance with the minimum amount of noise
- Multi-stage filtration ensures the circulation of fresh air
- The 3-star rating is a dampener
- In comparison, the cost appears a bit on the higher side
8. Carrier 1-Ton 3-Star Split AC, CAS12ES3R30F0
Carrier can lay claim to being known as the inventor of modern air conditioning because of the wonderful features in their latest 2021 models.
- Split AC with non-inverter compressor – Affordable model
- One ton capacity – best for small rooms
- 3-star energy rating – ISEER value of 3.62
- Copper condenser coil – better performance and low on maintenance
Though this Carrier model does not feature an inverter compressor, it comes equipped with multiple modes like Auto Mode, Cool Mode, Dry Mode, Fan Mode, and Sleep Mode to provide you with excellent options.
Besides, it can work on the Turbo Mode to cool the room quickly and deliver instant cooling.
This Carrier AC features a unique functionality in the Follow Me feature. On activating this feature, the inbuilt room sensor on the remote allows the AC to adjust the ambient temperature around the remote control. Thus, the cooling reaches you in every corner.
An exciting feature of this Carrier AC is the dual filtration to circulate pure and fresh air inside the room.
The PM2.5 filter eliminates the harmful allergens, whereas the HD filter takes care of the microscopic dust particles to maintain the highest quality of air purity.
Copper is an excellent conductor of heat. This air conditioner features 100% copper condenser coils that help in better heat transfer. Thus, it ensures better cooling than aluminum.
On the durability and maintenance front, copper is superior to aluminum and other alloys. While providing full value for money, copper coils are excellent on the repairable front.
The auto-cleanser feature present on this air conditioning appliance ensures that the tubes remain dry after every usage. Therefore, it discourages bacterial and mold formation to enhance the AC’s overall lifespan.
- A compact appliance that gels with the overall domestic ambiance
- The silent blower function reduces noise and ensures pleasant and undisturbed sleep.
- An ideal AC for small bedrooms in Indian apartments today
- Users are not satisfied with the customer service provided by Carrier.
- A little low on the energy-saving front
Air Conditioners – Commonly Used Terms
Ton is the term that is used to measure the capacity of an Air Conditioner. 1 Ton is the Power of an AC that can cool 1000 KGs air within a day.
Star Ratings and Energy Efficiency
EER represents the efficiency of an Air Conditioner and the amount of cooling that an AC can produce per watt electricity usage.
The higher the Star Rating and the EER value, the lower will be the power consumption. As I mentioned earlier, Inverter ACs do not have star ratings.
Since most of the users are asking for Ratings, BEE (Bureau of energy efficiency) started Rating Inverter ACs also.
According to BEE, Under Standard Test Conditions, the Electricity cost for a 5 Star Rated Split AC is ₹83 per day (approximately). Inverter ACs save more power than the regular 5 Star rated split Air conditioners.
Dust and Anti-Bacterial Filters
Now, Most of the Split ACs are equipped with Dust and Anti-bacterial filters that remove the pollen, bacterium, pet hairs, dust mites, and other invisible dust. You have to opt for a Split AC that comes with the Dust filter if you live in a Heavy Traffic area or you are allergic to dust, pollen, or mites.
Related: AC, Air Purifier Filters
Dehumidification feature reduces the humidity in the room. This feature will be useful for surroundings that have high moisture content.
Related: ISEER, EER, and BEE Star Ratings
Auto Cleaning function in the Air Conditioners prevents the accumulation of dust, bacteria on the heat exchanger thereby extending the life of the AC.
Copper Coil or Aluminum Coil
Copper and Aluminum are the two types of Condenser coils that are used in ACs. Copper coils are expensive, but they are much easier to repair when compared with Aluminum. In Most cases, Damaged Aluminium coils have to be replaced.
Now, a lot of techniques are introduced to protect the coils against corrosion. Most of the Top AC brands pre-coat the coils with anti-corrosive materials.
Blue Fin Condensers, MicroChannel Condenser coils (Multi Jet, Multi-Channel Technology) are some of the Techniques used by AC manufacturers to prevent coil corrosion.
So, No matter the type of Condenser Coil used, you have to opt for an AC that provides Anti-Corrosive Coating to the coils. Check out this post to find the complete difference between copper and Aluminum condensers.
Now, Most of the Split Air Conditioners are equipped with a Memory chip that stores the data such as preferred temperature and humidity. In case there is a Power Outage, the AC will revert to original settings.
Just go through all the above 1 Ton Split AC models and then select the right one according to your requirement.
If you have any queries regarding the selection of Best 1 Ton Split AC, post them in the below comments section, and I’ll try to answer them.