Our Verdict: The Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder is a decent kitchen assistant, but you must refrain from extracting heavy-duty wet or dry grinding. However, it can care for your standard grinding requirements without much fuss.
So if you are looking for an appliance to rely on to do your daily kitchen jobs, the Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder is a good bet. But ask anything to do out of the box, and this machine will struggle. Therefore, the pricing is modest and qualifies as a backup mixer grinder in your kitchen. In addition, it is a suitable appliance for gifting for weddings, housewarmings, and others.
- Elegant and compact design
- Decent performance
- Sturdy handles
- Multipurpose blades
- Value for money
- Not suited for challenging jobs
- Poor after-sales service
- Low warranty
- Safety features like overload protection, auto shut-off absent
- The Nutri-Pro feature is a marketing gimmick.
How do we test the machine?
We have an extensive team who purchases mixers and grinders like regular purchasers and test them under actual Indian kitchen conditions. Before giving our opinion, we try all types of wet grinding and dry grinding jobs on the machines.
We have used this Bajaj appliance for wet grinding idli and dosa batter. We also tried grinding various masala items, including turmeric, pepper, and other spices. Though it does not have a juicer or blender attachment, we tried this mixer grinder for blending lassis and milkshakes.
Finally, we checked the machine for its safety features, noise, and durability. This Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder is suitable for your regular kitchen assignments. It works best as a supplementary appliance and is an excellent backup device. But, it is not ideal for performing challenging tasks.
So if you are looking for a simple mixer grinder to help you in your kitchen, the Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder is a suitable appliance. It is economical and gives total value for money.
Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder Specifications
These specifications help you know your Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder better.
- 500W motor with a high revolution speed of 20,000 rpm
- 3.36 Kg weight
- ABS body, white color
- Stainless steel jars and blades
- 3-speed control
- 2-in-1 multi-function blade system
What you find in the box
Let us see the components available in the package.
- 500W Titan motor enclosed in a sturdy ABS body
- Three stainless jars, a) 1.2L liquidizing jar, b) 0.8L multipurpose jar, and c) 0.3L chutney jar.
The Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder works on a 500W Titan motor sufficient to cater to regular kitchen jobs. It cannot handle challenging jobs or run continuously for more than 20 minutes.
But we recommend using the machine in short bursts of five minutes each with a gap of two minutes rest. It helps in extending the engine’s life.
The 500W motor does not make as much noise as the 750W engine on other appliances.
Bajaj offers another similar model with a 750W motor but it is more expensive than this Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder. The motor comes enclosed in a sturdy ABS plastic body with adequate ventilation at the bottom to disperse the heat.
This mixer grinder has an excellent revolution speed of 22,000 rpm, which proves beneficial for dry grinding your masalas.
Bajaj Rex Performance
This Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder comes with three stainless steel jars that serve multiple purposes like wet grinding, dry grinding, preparing milkshakes, blending juices and lassis, and making chutneys.
- The 1.2L liquidizing jar has a sturdy stainless steel body and a well-designed handle to grip. The multipurpose four-pronged blade is ideal for wet grinding idli and dosa. However, the motor is not sturdy enough to do a quick job. As a result, the grinding takes some time. This machine is suitable for grinding idli batter for small families.
- The Bajaj Rex 500W mixer grinder has a 0.8L multipurpose jar for wet and dry grinding. The multipurpose blades are sharp to deliver good results. The rotation speed is excellent, but this appliance is inefficient in grinding challenging ingredients like turmeric. The result is coarse powder and not fine as you expect it to be. However, it is suitable for grinding masalas.
- The chutney jar is small, with a capacity of 0.3L. But it should suffice for your chutney grinding needs. If required, you can use the 0.8L jar to prepare tomato purees and onion pastes.
- The handles are sturdy and spaced perfectly to grip. However, the jar lids are opaque. Therefore, you cannot monitor the grinding activity without stopping the appliance and opening the jars. The covers do not have clamps, but they fit tightly. Still, we advise holding your hands over them to prevent the lids from coming off during the grinding process.
- This Bajaj Rex mixer grinder can prepare milkshakes and blend fruit juices in 0.8L and 1.2L jars. However, we advise removing seeds from the fruits before you attempt to juice them. But if you have a separate juicer, you can avoid using the Bajaj Rex for juicing because the performance is just okay.
Cleaning this Bajaj Rex mixer grinder is easy, but the blades are sharp. So, we advise you to be careful. The best way is to run the machine with water and soap for a minute. It helps to loosen the food residue and wash them away in the kitchen sink.
A damp towel should be sufficient to clean the ABS plastic body. The blades are not removable. So, you must dry them with a thick towel. Otherwise, they could develop rust.
Safety and Durability
The Bajaj Rex mixer grinder has a sturdy ABS plastic body housing the motor and other circuits. This body is shock-proof and safe. The machine weighs approximately 3.36 Kg. Therefore, it is easily portable anywhere in the kitchen.
The machine has four suction feet that help grip the floor and provide a stable base. So the device does not wobble or vibrate even when running at full speeds.
The primary drawback is the lack of an overload protection switch that other mixer grinders provide. Secondly, it does not have an auto-shut-off option. Otherwise, this machine is safe and durable. Nevertheless, we advise not to overload the jars to prevent damage to the motor and other circuits.
Warranty and After-sales service
The machine comes with a one-year product warranty. However, the motor gets a five-year warranty period. Unfortunately, Bajaj does not offer good after-sales service on this product. But local technicians can handle problems with the mixer comfortably.
Alternatives and Competitor Models
Here are some alternatives and competitor models to the Bajaj Rex mixer grinder.
- Bajaj Herculo offers four jars and a powerful 1000W motor.
- Bajaj Rex is also available with a 750W motor and four jar options, including a dedicated juicer jar.
- Bajaj Juvel Digi has an 800W motor to deliver a powerful performance.
- Bajaj Rex DLX offers four jars and a 750W motor.
- Bajaj GX-8 offers similar performance but has a 750W motor.
- Bajaj Pluto is the most similar model, with a 500W motor and three jars.
- TTK Prestige Limited Orion mixer grinder offers similar performances with a 500W motor and three jar options.
- Other competitive models include Amazon Basics Premium 750W and Usha RapidMix 500W mixer grinders.